1981 Corvette Custom Street Rod
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1981
- Mileage: 575
- VIN: 1G1AY8765BS429978
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 383
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1981 Chevrolet Corvette
1981 Corvette coupe.
New engine, new front and rear suspension, brakes, steering components. Only approx. 575 mi on engine.
- New 383 stroker, Aluminum heads, blueprinted 400HP, 425 TQ Estimated.
- 207 Casting, 2 bolt main +.040 over, 9.7/1 Compression ratio (pump gas friendly)
- Scat Stroker Crankshaft turned 10/10
- 5.700 Rods, Sealed Power hypereutectic dished top pistons, moly rings
- Custom grind cam, .450 Lift, .288 Dur. flat tappet. Nice lumpy idle.
- ARP bolts
- hardened racing pushrods, snap ring style racing lifters.
- Sealed Performance rod & Main bearings
- Melling high Vol. Oil Pump & screen, tacked.
- 8" damper
- one piece neoprene pan gasket
- 64cc Aluminum heads, 2.02/1.60 valves, 210 cc, 23 deg.
- Fabricated polished aluminum valve covers - silicone reinforced re-usable gaskets.
- Weiand Warrior dual plane low rise aluminum manifold
- Edelbrock 1406 650 cfm carb. Performance tuned, .100 main jets, .070x.047 meter rods, orange springs.
- HEI billet distributor with 65000V Mallory Coil, vacuum advance,8mm racing ignition wires with insulators and custom holders
- Headman tube headers made to bolt up to factor style side pipes.
- C3 factory style side pipe mufflers with painted fiberglass covers ( stay cool)
- High flow washable billet air cleaner.
- New High flow mechanical fuel pump.
- New LUK heavy duty clutch, new release bearing, and arm.
- New Powermaster 140A 12SI alternator.
- Champion 3 core aluminum radiator, two speed ford electric fan with custom relay kit 185/195 set with A/C relay on high. Never goes above 195F even in 100 deg heat.
- SS braided hose covers with anodized clamp covers.
- Factory A/C and heat removed, Vintage Air Gen II Mini A/C/heat/defrost installed under dash with four knob control. Ice cold and hot heat, works great.
- 4 Spd Super T-10 transmission, was refreshed, did not need anything, shifts smooth and tight.
- Stock OEM 2.72 rear end. No issues, nonoises, no leaks, fresh lube with Posi additive. Great cruiser 2300rpm at 60mph.
- Rear: New TRW composite 355# spring with C4 9" lowering bolts, New 3/4" stabilizer bar with urethane bushings, new hardware, New strut rods, bushings and rear snubber.
- Front: Everything replaced, SPC adjustable upper control arms, rebuilt stock lower control arms with Energy Suspension urethane bushings, retained stock front Gymkana springs, Moog Ball Joints, 1-1/4" front stabilizer bar with urethane bushings and new hardware, adjustable tie rods, new idler arm, rebuilt steering cylinder, control valve, and pump, new hoses.
- 4 wheel alignment professionally done after suspension work.
Wheels and Tires:
- Foose Legends Black wheels with machined rims and red stripe
- Spare tire removed (-40lbs) Incl, 12V compressor and tire repair kit in Car.
- Fronts: 18 x 8 with 3/8" spacers, Nitto NT555 255/45 - ZR18
- Rears: 18 x 9.5 with 1" adapters, Nitto NT555 285/40 - ZR18
- Wheels mounted with extended shank lug nuts, tires have approx. 1000mi on them.
- Drilled Slotted zinc plated American Made rotors all around.
- SS lined OEM Delco calipers - painted red.
- SS braided brake lines
- New Master Cylinder.
- I will include a complete set of new SS brake lines (uninstalled).
- Paint approx. 4 yrs old single stage urethane black, nice shine paint is a 10 footer, presents great but not perfect. Car was originally a burgundy Red.
- Monza style headlights - fixed rectangular quad set up. Original vacuum flip up mechanisms removed. (-50lbs) no vacuum leak issues or lazy headlights! Lexan 3/16" custom covers.
- Halogen driving lights, LED DRL light stripsmounted under headlight covers.
- One Piece Acrylic Astro Top on Roof, original glass tops removed due to glass delamination from frame, I have the tops if buyer wants to have them rebuilt.
- Carbon fiber look cover on roof hoop and accent on center of hood with red pinstripe.
- Carbon fiber Grand Sport style fender stripes with red pinstripe.
- Carbon fiber nose badge with F-40 Raptor custom graphic.
- Satin black painted C# factory style fiberglass side pipe covers. Stay cool no burned legs!!
- Lemans style faux billet aluminum gas filler. Will include stock filler cover.
- New PGW windshield and side glass, rear glass original, side windows tinted, rear window has removable snap in lexan tint insert.
- Full Custom One Of A Kind Interior:
- Original seat, new foam, black leather bolsters with real suede leather center panels, red stitching with French seams.
- New cut pile quality Carpet.
- Custom door panels in matching black leatherette and micro suede with red stitching to match seats.
- Custom brushed aluminum aircraft style door handles, pulls and trim.
- Headliner and door posts covered with microsuede headliner material.
- Custom built console with arm rest and cupholder, power outlets, real carbon fiber panel and black leatherette with red stitching and red piping.
- New window switches ( Porsche)
- new power mirror control (Mazda)
- Four knob Vintage Air control panel for Heat/Air Conditioning/Defrost.
- Factory dash was removed down o firewall, new dash custom fabricated from steel and wood and covered in matching leatherette with red stitching,
- Intellitronix 6 gauge Red LED dash panel with Speedometer, Tach, Oil pressure, Water Temp, Fuel, Voltage, Odometer, trip, can do 0-60 and other tricks. Also has outside temp added on top (see Pictures) Gauge panel is black when off. Gauge Panel was just replaced (Warranty Issue) so odometer reads 44 mi.
- Steering wheel black leather with red stitch and red accent, black spokes, factory tilt, Telescopic wheel works perfectly. Factory horn button with new internals.
- New pedal rubbers
- Red LED cabin Lights.
- Pioneer APP Radio with 7" touch Screen, NO CD, Set up to connect to Ihone ^ with fire wire connector. Clones IPhone screen so apps are available on radio screen ie: Google maps etc., Bluetooth hands free calling with external mic. on dash.
- New window Motors, new lock solenoids, replaced driver side window regulator, outside door handleand door latch, have new ones for Pass side (not installed but included) Pass side was OK but bought new ones anyway.
- All window rollers, guides, and weatherstrip replaced when glass was installed.
- No leaks everthing fits tight, works correctly.
- Mirror switch L/R works backwards. This is a issue with the Mazda control and the Chevy mirrors. Would need to re-wire motors in mirrors to correct. Its just an annoyance but they work fine.
- Power Door Locks, Pass side switch will lock /unlock both doors, driver side will only lock not unlock. I have chased this issue for hours and cannot resolve.
- slight oil drip from rear of oil pan, I think when I installed the one pice pan gasket I did not put a dab of RTV in the corners.
- Paint, looks good from 10 ft, some spider craks in hood from some unseen damage underneath hard to notice, a few small 1/4" spots buffed through on rear bumper has burgundy paint showing through but very hard to see because of the location.
- Sometimes the low beams do not come on when Light switch is pulled, have to turn on/off high beams. Light switch is new, forum responses suggest it may be the highbeam switch.
This car is great to drive, it idles rough due to the .480 ca, sounds awesome, torque is amazing. Everything works, passes TX inspection with no issues. Starts right up, stays cool, and turns heads everywhere it goes.
With the short stock gears in the rearend it is not a drag racer but it steps out very quick and I set it up mainly for cruising. The suspension was set up for autocrossing which I have only done once. Steering is quick and has little feel since it is the stock rebuilt setup. Car goes down the road straight and tight and cruises all day at 70 + with no issues. Radio sounds good but exhaust drowns it out unless you have the top on, windows up and A/C going then it can be heard over the exhaust music.
This is a great weekend cruiser, if you want to race it you would need to change the rear end gears and put a 750cfm carb on it to get at its full potential. It is tuned for street cruising but quick enough to get in trouble with and put a big grin on your face when you hit the gas.
Since digital panel was just replaced, odometer shows about 44mi. When I Purchased the car four years ago the odometer showed 68000mi but was a 140mph speedometer which was not original. So I do not know the actual mileage of the car. I have put approx. 4500 mi. on it since I have owned it and of that only approx 575mi since the engine was replaced.
I have built every bit of this car myself so if you have any questions feel free to send a note and I will reply as soon as I can. Too many toys and need room in the garage.
I can provide more pictures if you need to see anything in particular.
If you are in the area and want to inspect the car, I will be glad to meet you at the Conroe, TX police station parking lot to do so. Deposit of $500 by Paypal required within 48hrs of auction close and final payment via major US bank Cashiers Check or Cash upon delivery.
Buyer responsible for all shipping arrangements.