Original PAINT low miles SURVIVOR .... best original in existence SEE VIDEO TX
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Blazer
- SubModel: Jimmy CST, same as Blazer
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 77,978
- VIN: TKE182F500646
- Engine size: 350
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Chevrolet Blazer Jimmy CST, same as Blazer
A TIME CAPSULE from 1972
A True Survivor in the “strictest sense”
ORIGINAL Paint, Interior & Driveline
Low mileage, fully functional and beautiful
Please TAKE TIME to;
- read all the details listed below
- watch the TEST DRIVE "video"
- view all the Photos
Financing of this vehicle is available through
JJ BEST Banc & Co. - New Bedford, MA
K5 Blazers & Jimmys
There are plenty of vintage K5’s out there but NONE like this one.
This may be the finest UNrestored, original paint SURVIVOR in existence.
It also happens to be a “top of the line” equipped Jimmy (much rarer than its twin the Blazer) in what is considered by collectors to be the BEST model year – 1972.
Based on my 40 years of being immersed in the world of classic cars, it is my opinion that everything about this vehicle screams well preserved low mileage time capsule survivor. It has clearly been owned by preservation minded owners since new – see more HISTORY below.
The paint has been professionally buffed to bring out its former luster. The paint, the bright work, the weatherstrip and the interior down to the original 44 year old carpet all have very little evidence of wear or evidence of exposure to the elements. Overall it has that “very light fine patina” of a well preserved classic. Even the thin white paint on the wheels and thin black paint on the wheel hub are original and as such very impressive.
Unrestored ORIGINAL PAINT Survivor
In order to appreciate how special this vehicle is; you must first realize that you are looking at a low mileage “unrestored” Original paint, Original interior, and Original driveline vehicle…..,i.e. a true survivor. The only evidence of paint work I could find was the lower edges of the body where apparently they repaired rock chips and then ADDED the step rails to protect it from future chips.
Then, it is helpful to understand that this survivor is from a special class of vehicles in which there are very few “survivors”, at least not in “mint original condition” like this one. The VAST majority of 44 year old dual purpose “4-Wheel Drive” vehicles lived a hard, if not abused life.
Vintage “dual purpose” vehicles like the K5’s have really become popular in the last 5 years. With ever increasing values some of these have been brought back to life - but most of those efforts have included substantial repairs and major modifications with aftermarket parts like “lift kits” and oversize tire/wheels combinations. Not this K5, while it is NOT 100% original, it is the most original one I have ever seen.
You can only be original ONCE. In the world of collector cars, a true “survivor” is very hard to find and fast becoming the holy grail of collector cars.
HISTORY Garaged & fussed over since new
I have owned this Jimmy for a few years now – it is part of my personal collection and titled in my name. Prior to me it was in a private collection of an attorney from Oklahoma who advertised it as having never been 4-wheeled, never had the top off, and never stored out doors. He indicated it had been his favorite vehicle in his collection and stated that the 78k miles are original – in my opinion it looks like it has 28k miles. While not a flawless show car, it is perhaps one of the finest unrestored 44 year old vehicles I have ever seen. The patina it does have is more evidence of age than ware – this is the kind of vehicle seasoned collectors dream of owning.
Vastly superior to Bronco & FJ Cruiser
Unquestionably more comfortable, more powerful and more practical for “real world driving” then the competition, not to mention much greater parts availability.
In 1967, rather than develop an all-new platform to compete with the Ford Bronco, Toyota FJ-Cruiser and International Scout, GM went with its already popular and proven pickup truck platform. This enabled GM to offer a larger more comfortable and “up scalable” vehicle that actually succeeded in being a true dual-purpose vehicle as opposed to being limited to an “occasional use” vehicle like that of the competition.
Broncos / FJ-Cruisers / Scouts
Today all of these vintage “dual-purpose” vehicles are coming on strong in the market place. The key to picking the right one is a realistic understanding of the limitations of each.
Buyers of Broncos, FJ-Cruisers and Scouts found themselves (then & even more so today) with vehicles that were far more limited in comfort and power thus making them far less suited for highway speeds or big city traffic. And naturally, some 45 years later parts availability greatly favors the GM K5 vehicles, which shares a majority of its parts with the truck line of the same era. Simply put, when it comes to the world of vintage dual purpose vehicles, the K4 vehicles built by GM are simply superior in every category
CST “deluxe” Cheyenne Package
1972 is the high watermark year for these vehicles and consequently is the most sought after. This particular Jimmy has the “top of the line luxury” package with the custom deluxe Cheyenne upgrade.
- Removable Top …. very cool
- 4-Wheel Drive
- Cheyenne Equipment
- Center Console
- Gauge Package
- Bucket Seats
- Removable Rear Seat
- 350 / 4bbl V8
- Turbo- Hyda-matic Transmission (turbo350)
- Power Steering
- Power Disc Brakes
- Air Conditioning – blows COLD
- Period correct CB / Radio combination
….. original AmFm radio comes with the vehicle
My eBay “seller feedback”
My name is Michael and my eBay Seller feedback is below. I can be reached at 817-992-seven 99 one. I am easy to talk to and will do my best to help you decide if this is the car for you. Please take time to read my eBay “Seller” feedback below, selling NOTHING but quality classic cars.
ABOUT US ….. My son and I are “serious car guys” that are passionate about what we do. We are super particular and only buy the cars we could personally consider as keepers. If you are a seasoned car buff, you know that there is a huge difference between quality and everything else. If you would like to learn more about us, please feel free to check out our site .
Location & Shipping
The car is located approximately 30 minutes from either Dallas, TX airport (DFW International, or Love Field). I can coordinate shipping anywhere in the world. Inspections are welcomed.
my eBay “Seller” feedback
Please take time to review the eBay “seller feedback” on me selling NOTHING but quality Classic Cars like this one. You can see by the price points and the feedback, I am selling premium quality cars.
* Paid $95,000 very pleased with car. Michael was very professional and honest.
* Great car as described. Paid $43,000 & I’m pleased
* Great car. $38,500. Car as described. Thanks Michael
* 67 Mustang S Code 390, $42,950, Beautiful Car, Michael is passionate & trustworthy.
*$54,750 1969 Firebird 400 Conv. Amazing car & transaction, Michael is excellent.
* Bought a $50,000 Mustang. Great car! Excellent communication. Thanks Michael!
* $44,000 and 2nd purchase from Michael. Very Recommended.
* $34,950 for 66 Mustang Conv. Incredible service from Michael. I’ll buy more. Thx
* Paid $42,500and the car is PRECISELY as Michael represented it to be. Great job!
* 2nd car I purchased from Michael, always as described. This one for $38,500
* I purchased my car from Michael Chance for $44,950. Love the car. Helpful seller.
* Thanks Michael, well worth the $45,000
* Michael has the BEST CARS on eBay. Paid $58,500for my stunning 67 GT 390!
* Had an AWESOME car Buying experience! Bought a $49,500Camaro & LOVE it!
* Michael went above and beyond to assist me. Very good communication. Excellent ! (….$18,950classic truck purchased by this buyer)
* Traveled from AUSTRALIA, met seller. Unbelievable setup, quality people, quality vehicles, quality service (….$35,000classic truck purchased by this buyer)
* Paid $65,000for my GTO convertible, very pleased, GREAT CAR. Thanks Michael !
* Michael sold me this GEM, for$49,950. It is everything I ever wanted and more.
* My expectations were totally blown out of the water on this $42,000Camaro, EXCELLENT !
* I was Very pleased with car, Great seller to do biz with, paid $41,000
* $65,000 1956 Corvett, Amazing transaction, easiest ever, Michael did everything
* Purchased $37,450 Car from Michael and he was the best to work with A+++++”
* Purchased $49,950 Classic Car from Michael and love it! Topnotch experience
* “Superb to deal with! Had absolute confidence in buying a $45,000 classic from Michael”
* “Great to deal with. Michael has Great Cars, will deal again, AAAA+”
* “Purchased a $38,000 classic car from Michael, very pleased, highly recommend
* “Michael just delivered my 64 F100, over $20,000 grand purchase, hassle free”
* “One of the best I have ever dealt with on Ebay. I would buy from again” (….. $58,100 Trans Am purchased by this buyer)
* “Michael is top notch, $21,000 Classic Car is awesome!”
* “fast ship As Described” (…. $33,000 Mustang purchased by this buyer)
* “What an amazing Impala SS427! U made this a great transaction!! Honest ebayer!” (…. $69,950 Impala purchased by this buyer)
* “Michael is a honest seller. Thank you for my $59,950 Bel Air”
* Great Seller, Thanks (…. $42,500 Firebird 400 cvt purchased by buyer, his 2nd purchase from me, first was a $50,000 L78 Camaro)
* Car arrived as described. Michael was excellent to work with. (….$25,500 Grand Prix purchased by this buyer)
* 2nd car I’ve bought from Michael. Very helpful & correct descriptions. (…. $24,000 Mustang purchased by this buyer, his 2nd purchase from me, 1st was $28,000 Mustang)
* Easy to deal with. Quick buy now transaction (….. $24,200 Mustang purchased by this buyer)
* As described, easy to deal with, good communication, thanks for the FIREBIRD (…. $36,000 Firebird HO cvt purchased by this buyer)
Terms & Conditions of this sell & all legal stuff
Although my eBay experiences have been very positive, I am aware that much goes on within the eBay community that is not positive and therefore requires direct language.
Do NOT make a bid or offer until you read everything below.
Any bid or offer is a legal acknowledgement and agreement on your part to be bound by the Terms and Conditions put forth below and additionally specified within eBay itself.
Have FUNDS ready PRIOR to bidding or making an offer. Full payment must be received within five (7) business days of the end of auction/sale unless I agree in writing to alternative terms.
WIRE TRANSFER IS PREFERRED for US buyers and required for all buyers “outside” the United States.
Cashier’s check, direct deposit or cash in person are acceptable but in ALL cases this vehicle and its title will NOT be released until complete payment is received and all funds have irrevocably cleared BOTH Banks. If paying by Bank Cashiers Check, I must receive a copy of any Bank Cashiers Check in ADVANCE along with your “internal bank contact information” for confirmation of your Bank Check by my Bank. Bank Cashiers checks MUST BE classified by my bank as having irrevocably cleared both Banks prior to my release of vehicle and title.
Loan checks must be agreed to by me PRIOR to you making a bid or offer. Money Orders are NOT accepted.
I have an agency relationship with a Licensed Texas Dealer and all cars will be sold through this Dealer. Texas buyers will have to pay Texas sales tax and license/registration fees. Out of state buyers are responsible for taxes in their own states.
This is a very nice vehicle. However, there is no such thing as a "PERFECT" vehicle...especially when dealing with vintage vehicles. This is not a new vehicle; it is decades old. Even a restored or partially restored vehicle can and will have flaws and normal wear and tear congruent to its age and/or mileage. This vehicle may have minor dings, scratches (or, other imperfections) and indications of wear and use because it has been used.
This vehicle is sold AS IS - NO WARRANTY
This vehicle is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, of any kind expressed or implied. It is the responsibility of the buyer and/or buyers agent to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle (prior to the end of the eBay listing), and to have satisfied themselves as to the condition and value and to bid or offer based upon that judgment solely.
Arranging for an independent third-party inspection is a great way to validate a seller's claims about a vehicle's condition. There are many companies and individuals who offer such a service. These services are listed on the internet and can be found in most collector car magazine publications. Of course your personal inspection and scrutiny are suggested and most welcomed. Any and all inspections must occur PRIOR to the end of this eBay listing.
The seller has made a diligent effort to accurately describe any known material defects associated with this vehicle. Additionally, the seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose at the “buyer's request prior to the end of the eBay listing” any additional specific details important to the Buyer. However, any descriptions or representations from the Seller are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. Everything stated in the description is to the best of the seller’s knowledge. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. The Seller does not expressly, or implicitly, guarantee the accuracy of the description including authenticity or genuineness of the vehicle and/or its components and assumes no responsibility for any repairs or defects regardless of any oral or written statements about the vehicle. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage.
Any and all claims or disputes arising from or related to this transaction, other than a claim for injunctive relief, shall first be submitted to mediation in Denton County, Texas in accordance with the then governing rules of the American Arbitration Association. If the parties cannot resolve their dispute through mediation, they shall have the issue resolved through arbitration with the then governing rules of American Arbitration Association. Judgment upon an arbitration award may be entered in the District Court for the County of Denton, State of Texas. Parties shall bear their own costs related to any mediation or arbitration proceeding.