1966 Chevy Corvette Coupe 427
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 110,837
- Engine size: 468 ci
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 2WD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Chevrolet Corvette
Original 1966 Corvette 427 Coupe (Non-Matching Number) Vehicle. This 66 Vette was a 95% ground up Restoration by Bill Burton's Restoration Shop in Anaheim, California. The Vette was completed in the summer of 2004 and is one of 9,958 Coupe's built for 1966!
• The body was removed from the frame, dipped and sandblasted.
• The all-new Front Suspension was Powder Coated and the Original Power Steering was rebuilt.
• The Trailing arms were also rebuilt with Heavy Duty Bearings.
• Vette Lowered 1".
• The Positraction 3.70 Rear End was Completely Rebuilt and 3:55 Gears Installed.
• New Gas Tank, Sending Unit, Filler Neck, Gaskets and Gas Lid were also installed.
• Mostly all Bolts, Washers and Nuts where Cadmium Plated.
• The Head Light Motors where Rebuilt with a complete New Engine and Head Light Harness.
• The M-21 Close Ratio Transmission was completely rebuilt using New Parts.
• A De Witt Aluminum Radiator Replaces the Original Radiator.
• All New Disc Brakes, Calipers, Pads, Break Lines, Master Cylinder and Parts.
• Drivers Power Window Motor Replaced which Included New Rollers.
• The 468 CI Motor is a New 454 Marine Block. It was bored for Straightness with JE Pistons. It produce's a 10 to 1 Compression Ratio. All Internal Engine Parts are also balanced.
• Heavy Duty High Output Oil Pump and 7 qt. pan.
• New Edelbrock E-355 CNC Aluminum Heads 110 cc Chambers, 2.30 In. 1.88 Ex. (#79459) with a Polished Edelbrock Performance RPM “Port-Matched” Manifold. (They said it would not fit under the hood. It Fits!)
• Edelbrock RPM Roller Hydraulic Camshaft #2262 and Performer-Link Timing Chain. Lift at Valve is .625 Intake-.639 Exhaust. Lobe separation 112 degrees.
• Quick Fuel 850 Double Pumper Built by "The Carb Shop" to Match Engine Components. Very Responsive never stalls and always returns to Idle!
• MSD Pro-Billet Tach Drive Distributor #PN8571 (No Vacuum Advance.)
• MSD 6AL Ignition Control Box and New MSD Spark Plugs.
• Pro-Flow Gaskets Throughout Assembly.
•Titanium Powder Coated Headers (Inside + Out) with Custo Built and Tuned 4" Side Pipes.
• The Vette was tuned at "SRD Strategic Racing Designs" in Vista, CA.
• The Radio Works, along with the Clock, which keeps "Terrible Time."
•I have all keys-Original Chevy including the spare tire lock. No Spare
The Interior Carpets, Molding, Seat Foam, Window Felt, and some Door Hardware have been replaced. It is very difficult to describe all the Parts that have been either Replaced or Rebuilt. I have many Receipts for the Vette. However, not all of them. I do believe the Transmission and Rear End is Original to the car, along with the Front and Rear Stabilizer Bars. I have the Original Big Block Exhaust Manifolds, Big Block Brackets and Distributor that goes with the Vette. I also have, Two Original Service Manuals, Protection Plan, Owners Guide, and Accessories Books for the 1966 Vette!
I like the Looks of the Vette but By-No-Means is it a Number Matching Vehicle! IT'S NOT! The Original Color of the Vette was Mosport Green. I changed the color to Victory Red (74 WA926). There is no indication of Mosport Green anywhere on the body. It is original and damaged free and as you can see, it has an aftermarket New 1967 Big Block Hood.
The Paint was professionally done on the Vette, it is Fantastic throughout. It is a driver so there are some blemishes but NOT TO MANY. Please, I recommend that you inspect the Vette or have a professional inspection person inspect it for you! This is "Of-Course" prior to bidding/ownership. All costs related to an Inspection are the Responsibility of the Bidder/Buyer!
The Vette is sold "AS IS" and "Without Warranty" of Any Kind! The Buyer should expect Normal Wear on the vehicle. I have kept this vehicle Meticulous Maintained with most of the records. I have made every effort to Present Information that is Accurate and Under No Circumstances will I be Liable for any Inaccuracies. The 66 Vette, is Always Kept Covered and in an Indoor Garage. I have a Clean California Title.
This 1966 Vette runs Hard, FAST and is Extremely Solid. You must take into-a-count that it is a 1966 designed. The suspension and brakes are 1966 design; so keep your foot out of it! Yea Right!
Please again, I am not looking for trades just CASH! I have put over $130+K into this Vette! It is a great buy and very fast!
I do Email and Tx. However, if you have questions, please call.