1964 Chevy C-10 Blown 454 Big Block Chevy TH400 9" gasser slammed tubbed 8-71
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: C-10
- SubModel: C-10 Short bed wideside
- Type: Truck
- Trim: AWESOME PACKAGE!!!
- Year: 1964
- VIN: 4C144N123715
- Color: white primer
- Engine size: 454ci Big Block Chevy with Oval Port Heads
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Big Ass F'n 8-71 blower with two 4-barrel 850s, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: rear, but possibly sideways or on the rear bumper
- Interior color: sandblasted
- Safety options: front bumper
- Options: Racing Gas, Show tropies, lots of smiles, Driving Slow, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Chevrolet C-10 C-10 Short bed wideside
1964 Chevrolet C10, Small window, Drag Race inspired truck
All right Gas Monk3y Garage...COME GET YOU SUMMA THIS!!! You were here about a month and a half ago in Gurnee, IL at Auto Parts City for some rare trailers and this was only 4 miles from there.....well I guess you need to come back for it cuz this is all you.....and when your done its a $50K or more truck all day long.
I bought this C-10 in December with the full intentions of finishing it and selling it. Well, I have fallen into the depths of the daily grind and although I am completely capable of finishing it I do not have the time. There's a lot of reading below and FYI I have plagiarized some of the listing from the guy I bought the truck from (thanks Dana, and thanks for the last minute video). This truck is for sale locally as well and I will end the auction early if it sells. PLEASE look at the almost 150 pictures I have of the truck on photo-bucket here:
(cut and paste that in the address tab, if you search it it will not work right)
I have a 30 second video of the truck running. Its the first thing you see on photo-bucket but let the video play about 9 seconds. Its a blank screen until then....and make sure you have audio. YOU'LL WANNA SEE IT!!
All original Chevy steel hood, cab, fenders, bed, and doors. Cab, doors and fenders have been completely sandblasted inside and out, and the exterior coated in a high quality 2-part epoxy White primer as a rust preventative. The original gas tank fill hole and all trim holes and have been welded up. The hood is in original patina and is now in a lift-off configuration without hinges or lock. The tailgate is also in patina condition and has been welded to the truck bed. The body has been lowered around the frame by more than 12”, but still uses original cab mounts and mounting locations. Custom rear roll-pan, notched for wheelie bars and inset for license plate. The bed floor is gone but the rest of the bed is super solid. It will need to be mounted still. The windshield is taped in for right now and the back window is wrapped in a moving pad to keep it safe.
back halved, rear 4-link, front frame rails angled to lower the truck. The frame has been painted in Hyundai Orange metallic paint.
1985 Chevy 454 oval port Truck Engine, factory built with around 60k miles. Brand new polished Wei-and 8-71 Supercharger and blower intake, 2 new 4-barrel Demon 850 Blower Carburetors, New #7221 Cast aluminum Hilborn style dual carb blower scoop. New Tractor Pull headers with weld-in mufflers. New chrome oil pan and new chrome timing cover. New aluminum valve covers. New aluminum radiator. New chrome water pump, alternator, and high torque starter. There is a pretty stout cam (hydraulic flat tappet) in this engine but I do not have a cam card.
Built GM TH400, painted to match the frame, 3800 Stall Converter, Shift Kit, chrome B&M oil pan. B&M Magnum Grip Pro Stick Shifter with Reverse Lockout.
Narrowed Ford 9 Inch, custom painted in metallic silver. ~3.73:1 Rear Gear, needs bearings
Ignition and wiring:
Brand new MSD #6420 6AL Spark Box, Brand New MSD Blaster Coil, Brand New MSD #8680 Adjustable Spark Timing, Brand New MSD #85551 Pro Billet Distributor. No exterior lighting. Aluminum battery box. Push button start with master kill switch. This truck will need to be completely wired.
Brand new NOS Roots Type Blower Nitrous Injectors, 3 x NOS Nitrous Tanks with custom paint and custom bottle strap mounts. This is currently for show, and not connected.
Aluminum Race Tank with internal foam baffles (maybe a 15 gallon tank). Holley Electric fuel pump, pressure regulator, cartridge filter. All new braided steel lines with AN fittings throughout.
Suspension and Steering:
Front is stock 1964 Chevy Truck except the later model disc brake front spindles, stock steering and manual steering box. The steering is currently disconnected but two columns go with the truck. Rear has coil over shocks with 4-link. Aluminum sprung adjustable wheelie bars in the rear.
Front disc conversion out of a later model 1/2 ton Chevy truck, no rear brakes, buyer supplies hydraulic system and has to install it
Wheels and Tires:
Brand new lightweight Weld Wheels, New Mickey Thompson Sportsman Tires.....Front: 26 x 7.50 x 15LT Rear: 33 x 19.50 x 15
6-way power leather seats (need reupholstering) out of a mid 2000s Chevy Suburban with built in seat belts (passenger seat not bolted down, driver's seat is). Stock steel door panels. Original front windshield and rear glass. No door glass or mechanisms to add weight (door handles and cranks go with truck, will need latch mechanisms). The steering column is mocked up in the pictures and is out of an 87 Chevy truck (has ignition key in it). Gauges and wiring are needed.
Check speed parts pricing from Summit Racing and Jegs - There's about $20k worth of parts alone!!! Not to mention the countless hours of labor to get the truck where it is now.
Note: Please be aware of the following: The lowest part of the frame is about 5" above the ground. The truck must be loaded onto a trailer or car hauler manually as there are no rear brakes or brake hydraulic system present. The engine runs but needs tuning and I would not drive it until it gets tuned. I have a clear title. The vehicle is titled as “non-operational” due to lack of exterior lighting, windshield gasket, etc.
Terms: I welcome anyone to come look at this in person or have inspected by a third party. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ask questions for clarification prior to bidding. I have nothing to hide here and do want you to have any surprises or be unhappy. Please do not bid unless you are prepared to pay for this vehicle within 5 total days of winning the auction. A non-refundable $500.00 deposit required within 24 hours of winning. Paypal is fine for that. The remaining balance is due via cash or certified check. I will not release the truck or the title until payment has been received and cleared the bank. It is the winning bidder’s responsibility to arrange to have this vehicle picked up I will help load it if needed. I would recommend an enclosed trailer but to each his own. The truck it is being sold “As-is, with no warranty of any kind written, implied, or otherwise. If you don't know what you are doing with a project like this then this is not the truck for you. This is for well experienced fabricators, mechanics, etc. or anyone with a large bank account who can afford what this truck needs both in completion and maintenance.
1. Can this become a street legal driver: Yes. Depending on your state requirements, this could happen. Basicelectrical wiring for lighting, signals and horn, rear brakes, windshield and rear glass rubber, side windows and door locking mechanisms. Gauges to match local requirements (speedo, etc.) would also be needed. I think a cooling fan on the engine side of the radiator will also be required. This should be enough to get the vehicle down the road - although likely a very entertaining commute!!
2. Does the body have body filler?: Yes, absolutely. Areas were previously repaired, so everything was sandblasted leaving previous repairs intact. The 2-part epoxy was sprayed over the exterior sheetmetal just to seal what was there and prevent surface rust. The body has signs of previous rust through such as can be seen in the bottom of the doors, but after blasting, the holes remain and have not been repaired. No new rust through exists. The body has dents and has not been straightened, although the trim holes have been welded up as mentioned in the ad. The magic of this truck is everything EXCEPT the body but the body is still very solid and it would not take much to fix the rust.
3. Does the engine run? You bet your $&^ it does. Yes, the engine fires and will rev, QUICKLY, but it has NOT been tuned or tweaked, and since this is a dual carb blower setup, there will definitely be tuning required. The carb float levels and idle screws have not been tweaked, timing has not been adjusted, etc. It's a cranky setup at the moment, as all efforts have been spent elsewhere on this vehicle, and not on detailed tuning. The MSD adjustable spark timing inside the cab is a neat feature, and should make the process easier.
4. Will this make you way cooler than you were.....I'd say so!!!