1969 CAMARO SS 396/375 L78 - 12K ORIG. MI.- JERRY MACNEISH CERTIFIED
Price: US $26.00 Item location: Pleasanton, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Camaro
- SubModel: SS 396 / 375HP "L78" - 12K MI. REGGIE JACKSON CAR!
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 2 DOOR
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 12,240
- VIN: 124379N604625
- Color: Fathoom Green
- Engine size: 396c.i. / 375 hp
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 400TH
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS 396 / 375HP "L78" - 12K MI. REGGIE JACKSON CAR!
1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS L78
"L78" 396 c.i. / 375 hp - Factory Correct Colors & Components
From The Reggie Jackson Collection -Certified by Jerry MacNeish
12,240 Original Miles, Protecto-Plate, & Other Documentation!
The "madness” of various live auctions continues around the country. We often times see a wide range of collectible cars / special interest cars sell for inflated amounts in the "heat of the moment.” This authentic "L78” Camaro is offered at a realistic price considering the cars quality & history and, unlike bidding on cars in an auction environment, you will have the benefit of extensive information & history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Should you have an interest in a pre-purchase inspection, we encourage a thorough examination of the Camaro.
Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 23+ years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with 780~ positive eBay feedback items. We can provide references in addition to those left by customers at Yahoo Reviews, Classic Cars Ltd. Pleasanton, CA. (Please enter this information in Google to read our reviews)
CLASSIC CARS LTD.
Before we begin with a history of this incredible, low mileage "L78” Camaro, we want to highlight some significant differences in this '69 Camaro and others that may be offered in the market today. Not only does the car have a history of being recently owned by Hall of Famer Reggie Jackson, but more important, it epitomizes the high quality, low mileage, limited production vehicles that he targets for his personal collection.
This car comes with difficult to find documentation back to the date of delivery to the first proud owner, Anna Winland, on March 1, 1969. The exterior and interior colors match the original trim tag on the firewall. Only 4,889 L78 Camaro's were produced in 1969 making this option one of the more desirable models for the 1969 Camaro.
Proof of the cars delivery and other pertinent and rarely available documentation include the following:
VIN # 124379N604625
Decoding as follow: 1 / 2 / 4 / 3 / 9 / N / 594513
1 = Chevrolet
2 = Camaro
4 = V8
3 = Coupe
9 = 1969 model year
N = Produced in Norwood plant
604625 (Production sequence)
DATA PLATE DETAILS:
- Build Date: 02D
- Paint Code: 57-57
- Trim Code: 711
- Option Codes: X66
- Nor# 244568
DRIVE TRAIN NUMBERS:
- Engine: CE8 71025 factory warranty replacement L78 short block, "272” casting, dated I289, L78 396-375 hp engine
- Transmission: warranty replacement M40 Turbo 400 3-speed automatic transmission
- Rear Axle: BW0619G1 Assm date, 12-bolt rear axle, casting date E258, 4.56 posi-tract, "860NF casting
- Original title work
- Past owner history
- Indication as having been sold new at Gallucci Chevrolet, Medina, OH
• AO1 tinted glass
• D55 console
• G80 posi-traction, 3.73 ratio
• L78 375 hp Turbo-Jet 396 V-8
• M40 3-speed turbo hydramatic transmission
• J52 brakes (power)
• U63 AM radio
• U80 rear seat speaker
• Z27 Camaro SS equipment
1969 CAMARO HISTORY
The 1969 Camaro carried over the previous year's drive-train and major mechanical components, but all-new sheet metal, except the hood and trunk lid, gave the car a substantially sportier look. The grille was redesigned with a heavy "V" cant and deeply inset headlights. New door skins, rear quarter panels, and rear valance panel also gave the car a much lower, wider, more aggressive look. This styling would serve for the 1969 model year only. Collectors often debate the merits of smooth, rounded lines of 1967 and 1968 models versus the heavily creased and sportier looks of the 1969.
HIGHLIGHTS - THIS PARTICULAR 1969 CAMARO
Frankly, this car comes as close to what it would have looked like when it was delivered to Mrs. Winland on 3/1/69 as any Camaro that we have seen. The old adage "You can restore a car over and over, but it is only original once”, certainly applies to this rare Camaro. With original documentation and certification by Jerry MacNeish the car has been verified as an authentic "L78” 396/375 big block; one of only 4,889 L78 Camaros produced in 1969.
With original, unmodified cars gaining traction in today's collector car market, there is little doubt that this Camaro has considerable potential for continued appreciation. It would make the perfect car for a muscle car collection or that very special occasional Camaro for show or local events where it would be the star of the show!
CONDITION SUMMARY - 1969 CAMARO "L78”
Mechanically, the car is very strong and drives exceptionally well. The undercarriage is immaculate. The car's "big block”, high horsepower 396 c.i certainly does not disappoint and delivers the kind of performance and torque that is unique to the big V8s of the 1960s and 1970s. Spend some time driving this car and you will understand where phrases like "stump pulling” torque came from! We should offer a warning at this point. This car is VERY fast and in the wrong hands could be very dangerous.
The recent inspection gave the car a totally clean Bill of Health. Comments from an expert muscle car mechanic / enthusiast included: "This is a no-nonsense, serious Camaro that remains in unbelievably original condition…I'd love to own this one!” Of course, the lighting systems and all other components are fully functional and, as a 1969, the Camaro is smog exempt in California. As a 1969 model year the car is 44 years old and our experience tells us that it is exempt in virtually every U.S. state and country.
It is difficult to describe the excellent condition or the cosmetics of this car and its originality. It is truly a "time warp” example that epitomizes the best of the best in late 60s muscle cars.
In addition to being a beautifully restored car, this car will appeal to the muscle car / Camaro enthusiast who have one thing on their minds…..performance. In the most positive sense, this car epitomizes the no frills, higher performance 60s muscle cars that were not weighted down with heavy unnecessary options. After all, performance was the name of the 60s and, in our humble opinion; this "L78” has just the right options (or more accurately lack of options!).
EXTERIOR PAINT / BODY / UNDERCARRIAGE
- Beautiful color coded correct, factory Fathom green paint with white Super Sport hockey stripes in exceptional condition reflecting 12,000 original miles
- Straight, damage free body with no history or indication of panel replacement or frame damage
- Excellent panel gaps / fit
- Incredible undercarriage that is totally free from rust, damage and even dirt / grease…has the appearance of a car that was just delivered (refer to photos)
- Totally clean front suspension components with factory markings and only the slight signs of patina - no indication that the car has seen inclement weather
- Documented by Jerry MacNeish as an authentic SS396 L78 Camaro based on their data base and historical records
- Excellent, original exterior trim
- Correct left side view mirror only
- No chrome wheel moldings
- Beautiful chrome bumpers, stainless and rubber trim
- Dog dish hubcaps with body color matching wheels
- Excellent glass & trim
- Functional locks including trunk (Original keys)
- Console - Turbohydramatic transmission
- 140mph, tachometer & dash mounted clock
- Beautiful factory upholstery (front & back)
- Factory working AM radio
- Stock interior with period style Tach, Oil Pressure &
- GM seat belts (Front & rear) - Factory date coded
- Includes front shoulder harnesses
- Beautiful headliner with original safety tag
- Excellent carpet
- No dash cracks or damage
- Like new headliner
- All windows operate perfectly
ENGINE / DRIVE-LINE / WHEELS & TIRES
- 396c.i. / 375 hp - 4bbl
Big Block SS396 Components:
• #113 and #114 engine frame mounts
• Original #824BV water pump pulley and #291AB crankshaft pulley
• Original #4346 Holley carburetor, dated 8B3
• Original five leaf rear springs
• Tail pipe adapter plate on driver's side rear frame rail
• Original big block M40 transmission cross member
• Original power brake booster, #9204 dated 65th day of 1969
- 3-Speed Turbohydramatic transmission
- 12-blot Posi-traction rear end - 4:56 Gears
- Firestone Wide-O-Oval tires
- Dual exit exhaust system (as factory equipped "L78”) (Upgraded "street mufflers”)
- Highly detailed engine bay, immaculate underside, chassis & trunk
Serious prospective buyers will be provided with additional documentation along with details of the Jerry MacNeish inspection that was recently completed documented the car as a factory produced "L78.”
LICENSE / REGISTRATION / INSPECTION
- Clear transferrable title
- No smog required in California (vehicles 1975 and older are exempt)
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- We have a number of additional, detailed photographs but are only able to show 100~ on our listings. Please let us know if we can provide additional detailed photos of any part of the Camaro.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet!
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail we will not respond to inquiries asking "What is the reserve". Also, if you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Please keep in mind that minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, these cars require regular, ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, collector / "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of ‽numbers” and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
- As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background of any collector car being sold over the Internet. We believe that it is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "Glamour Shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 23 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 900+ positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We enjoy excellent relationships with a number of transport companies and, as a result, can often times obtain preferred pricing for vehicle shipping. Please give us a call and we will be glad to refer you to suitable transport companies. Needless to say, we would recommend a quality, enclosed transporter that is experience with moving high quality, collectible cars.
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
Classic Cars Ltd.
Terms & Conditions
Thank You & Happy Bidding
Classic Cars Ltd.