1968 Chevrolet Camaro SS 396 / TH400
Price: - Item location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Camaro
- SubModel: SS 396 / Z-28 Tribute
- Type: Hardtop
- Trim: SS Hardtop 2-Door
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 46,000
- VIN: 124378N436678
- Color: Red w/ Black Stripes
- Engine size: 6.5L 396Cu. In. V8 GAS Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Steering, Power Brakes
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: TH400 3-Speed Auto
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Vintage Stereo with new speakers (factory grills), Hidden SD/USB/Line-in Jack for Stereo
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Chevrolet Camaro SS 396 / Z-28 Tribute1968 Camaro SS 396
Painstakingly Restored as a Z-28 Tribute
- Immaculate bodywork completed in 2009
- Driveline rebuild & interior upgrades completed in 2011
- Less than 2,000 miles since all work completed
- Kentucky car that hasn't seen rain since I purchased / stored inside under a custom cover. Driven only 1-2 times per month.
- Period-Correct Big Block 396 (block code 3969854 - manufactured 67-72 as a hi-perf GenIV 396). Stripped down to bare block and crank and completely rebuilt with GM OE parts. Hardened seats for unleaded gas. All photos of the nearly $10k rebuild. This is not a crate or aftermarket engine. It's proper.
- TH400 3-Speed Auto completely rebuilt. All photos of build.
- Ford 9 inch rear end with Moser Engineering axles.
- Power Steering / Power Brakes. Turns easy and stops on a dime. New brake lines. New Steering Pump. New Brake Pump. Photos of build.
- MSD Pro Billet & Blaster Ignition with 8mm Taylor wires and boots.
- Headman headers to 3" aluminum pipes out through Thrush mufflers.
- Holley Red fuel pump mounted in the trunk.
- Custom aluminum 1" core radiator with custom shroud for electric fan.
- High-performance alternator with chrome brackets.
- All new belts and hoses.
- New Delco shocks up front, adjustable air shocks in the rear.
- New leaf springs in rear and front sway bar links.
- Fresh gaskets on oil and trans pans / freshly painted for show season.
- New fuel filler neck and gas tank freshly painted.
- New electrical wiring, most wires are shrouded and hidden. New 1000CA Optima Red battery.
As the photos show, the body is impeccable with glistening red paint and perfect black stripes. I have dozens more photos I can email should you request. Body is completely solid, all doors and panels line up correctly, and is straight as an arrow. The new chrome from front to rear is perfect (bumpers, door and window trim, lower body molding, door handles, headlight and taillight bezels). I am extremely particular about my vehicles, so I will say there are 4 very minor paint blemishes which few would ever notice but I must tell you to be completely honest and forthcoming (approx 1/8th" fish-eye on the rear spoiler, approx 1/16th" scratch on passenger fender, approx 1/16th" scratch on driver fender, approx 1/8" diameter knick on header panel). These are barely noticeable, but I know they're there...
Interior is near-perfect. New door panels, new rear side panels, new headliner and sun visors. New front and rear floormats. Newer front and rear seats, newer carpet. Retrosound stereo with USB/SD/Aux jack hidden. Kickpanels and center console in very good condition. Again, to be completely honest, the carpet comes up approx. 2" short on the firewall. Very few will notice, but I'm a perfectionist. The heat controls are disconnected - I have brand-new OE GM control and cables (over $400) to complete this. There is a small 1" tear in the driver's seat. These are the only items to be corrected on the interior for the vehicle to be a major-show winner.
Ebay allows me 24 photos - I have dozens more for sincerely interested buyers. I am meticulous in the build and care of my vehicles (as you can see by where she is stored) and I believe that complete honesty is of the utmost importance. I will gladly forward more pics of the interior, undercarriage, or anything else I ran out of room for. I have pics of the "flaws" mentioned above that I would like you to see prior to purchase. This Camaro looks, sounds, and drives amazing. I want you to be as happy with her as I have been.
I will gladly assist in any way I can after you arrange for shipping. All documentation, receipts, and photos of build will go to her new owner. If you look at other vehicles listed here you will see she's a steal. I'm wise enough to know that you never get your money back of of a classic car - that's the cost of enjoyment!
Will consider trades for 2013 Audi S6 or A8L / CTS-V Sedan
Please note that this vehicle is listed elsewhere and I reserve the right to terminate this auction at any time should an acceptable offer be made. Serious buyers feel free to contact me to discuss offers and terms. Like most of you, I am a working guy that will do my best to make the vehicle available for viewing and inspection at a mutually convenient time. Thank you for understanding, thank you for viewing my Camaro, and have a great day!