62 Chevy II Nova Daily Driver SBC Auto Electronic 1962 SS upgrades chevrolet V8!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Nova
- SubModel: Chevy II
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Electronic Ignition
- Year: 1962
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 307
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: Auto
- Interior color: Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1962 Chevrolet Nova Chevy II
Excellent daily driver with plenty of power from it's small block chevy. Completely solid body and frame with no rust, Arizona car. Cleaned and painted metal throughout with strong chasis paint. Floors have been replaced, so it's completed solid. Small block 307 with upgrades, turbo 350 trans. Below i'll list all the newer things and upgrades. It's just ready to wrap up some minor things I'll list at the bottom, and it'll be a serious car.
New components and recent upgrades:
- big posi-trac rear end (with friction modifier)
- aluminum intake, Holley Street Dominator
- Edelbrock 1406 carb
- electronic ignition
- new Harmonic balancer and sleeve
- alternator (changed to 1 wire internal regulator)
- oversized aluminum racing radiator
- new exhaust and high flow mufflers
- oil pan notched style (needed for v8s that go around steering)
- nice new chrome trans oil pan ready to be installed (previous one got bent in install and is a little leaky)
- coil-over adjustable shocks in rear
- clean and painted engine bay, etc
- carpet new
- comfortable seats from a newer Charger R/T with no rips (front and rear seats), and the drivers is power adjusting all directions (just connect the positive wire underneath it)
- nice Iroc 15” alloy wheels, 5 lug (later hubs?, back ones are wider – look great and back tires are in great condition(front Bridgestones are getting dry)
- Extra Stuff comes with it: Fenders: this was previously used for racing, so currently front fenders are fiberglass, but original straight steel ones come with it (primed, you must pick them up or arrange transport). Good blower box assembly comes with it also, in trunk.
- A new-in-box complete wiring harness kit from E-Z Wiring, with fuse box, and instructions (that was in the plans in the past, then the single wire alternator solved a temporary issue, so now this will be included. Note some wiring for minor components still needs to be reconnected below).
- Interior metal is a nice metallic blue, which the whole car was previously.
Last things needed (and why i'm not selling it for 15k+):
It just needs a lot of little things before it is completely finished up like: key latches, front turn signals, headlights and gauges connected. (The brake lights are connected and working currently); inside door latch installed (a good one is in trunk). The steering seems to wander and makes some scratch noise on sharp left turns- so I bought some new ball joints and control arm bushings (included) which are the only things that aren't newer in the steering. (I was holding off in hopes of doing one of those complete power rack and pinion kits for about $1300, but ran out of time and $). On the rear quarter panels it had previously had the wheel wells cut bigger for racing, so now there are purchased patch panels bolted on both sides of rear, and around gas filler (nice marine style filler cap)- see picts. They are ready to be permanently installed before paint. Car is currently black primered on exterior. Since previously things were being shaved for poppers, the trunk doesn’t have a latch on the outside so you can’t lock it (it just lifts open). The windows work with good regulators and good glass. One bad little triangle vent glass, with a whole replacement setup ready to install is in trunk.
Extra things not in pictures: I forgot to mention there are brand new door seal kits in bags in the trunk, and there are headlight bezels and support pieces and hardware for original headlights. Just one piece is missing I believe. Currently it’s a empty but clean around the newer style headlamps and grill area.
So the things that are left are little tasks that can be done here and there, until it’s all the way you want it!
P.S.: If the "buy it now" option has disappeared, let me know if you want to grab it early. (Ebay just started making it disappear when a bid hits over half the buy it now amount).