1965 Chevy Corsa -- "Turbo- Air 164 CI--- 140 HP / DESIRABLE MODEL
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvair
- SubModel: " Turbo-Air 164CI / 2.7 liter / 140 HP
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: DESIRABLE CORSA 140 HP / 4 CARBS !!
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 53,250
- VIN: 107675w23504
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: "Turbo-Air 164--- 2.7 liter-- 140 HP--Flat 6 cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Chevrolet Corvair " Turbo-Air 164CI / 2.7 liter / 140 HP
1965 Chevrolet Corvair
- Desirable Corsa Model
- First year of the Series II Covair
- Extremely Clean Low Mileage Corsa--- 54,332 k miles
- Turbo-Air 164 2.7L 6 Cylinder (Matching Numbers) Engine
- 4 speed manual transmission
- Larger Brakes
The Chevrolet Corvair is a compact automobile manufactured and marketed by Chevrolet for model year 1960–1969 over two generations. As the only American-designed, produced passenger car to feature a rear mounted air-cooled engine, the Corvair range included a two-door coupe, convertible, four-door sedan, and four-door station wagon body styles, as well as passenger van, commercial van, and pickup truck variants. The Corvair competed with imported cars such as the original Volkswagen Beetle, as well as the Falcon, Plymouth, Studebaker Lark and the Rambler American.
New refinements appeared on the 1965 redesign. The Corsa came standard with an instrument panel featuring a 140 mph speedometer with resettable trip odometer, a 6,000 rpm tachometer (slightly off on rpms), cylinder head temperature gauge, analog clock with a sweeping second hand, a manifold vacuum/pressure gauge and fuel gauge. A much better heater system, larger brakes borrowed from the Chevelle, a stronger differential ring gear, a Delcotron alternator (replacing the generator), and significant chassis refinements were made. AM/FM stereo radio,telescopically adjustable steering column, and a Special Purpose Chassis Equipment (“Z17”) handling package, consisting of a special performance suspension and quick ratio steering box, were significant new options for 1965.
This true example of a Corsa Corvair is equipped with a 4 carburetor “Turbo-Air 164” 2.7L 140hp flat 6 cylinder (matching numbers) engine coupled to a 4-speed manual transmission, dual exhaust, larger brakes, 140mph speedometer, 54,332 ORIGINAL MILES .Corsa has original radio and additional new parts in trunk. There is also a stack of books and manuals that goes with car.
These series II Corvairs are becoming increasingly hard to find in such solid well kept condition. GET OUT AND DRIVE!!!
Current mileage on the odometer shows 54,332, it is sold as is and is mileage exempt. The car is being sold on a clean & clear title.
Flaws that are evident on car :
- Older Restoration performed --- Paint and Body are in very nice shape--- but expect a few chips here and there
- Corsa is extremely clean--- Very Minimal Rust in this car
- Paint is is nice shape / Powder Blue with a Shiny Clear coat---I would call this a 10 footer
- Chrome / Bumpers are a 9/10 Nice shape
- Engine runs strong --- no smoke and drives very nice--- At 65 mph Corsa drives straight and smooth
- Convertible Top is in newer condition / But Plastic Window should be replaced --- in good condition but has shrunk ---so is difficult to zipper up
- Interior is in Very Good condition--- but could use a freshening in the future
Please don't expect a New Car--- This is a 51 year old corsa that is in Very Good Condition. Before Bidding if you have any questions please Email Me and I will get back with you. Car is being sold As is with no warranty
Hagerty has valuated this Car at
- Fair Condition---- $8,200.00
- Good condition---$13,900.00
- Excellent Condition--- $ 22,000.00