72 Chevrolet Nova SS Clone, 383 Stroker, 700R4, 12 Bolt, P/S P/B Frame off Resto
Price: US $18,100.00 Item location: Nitro, West Virginia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Nova
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: SS
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 1,300
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 383 cu in
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Chevrolet NovaFor sale I have my 1972 Chevy Nova that I have spent the last 5 years completing a frame off restoration. This is the nicest Nova you'll find. There was no expense spared, and only quality name brand parts (mostly from Summit Racing) were used. I had the 350 stroked to a 383 and built at a high end racing shop. He built it with PBM Aluminum heads and a rowdy cam to give it that lopey muscle car sound through the new Flowmaster Super 40 2.5" exhaust. It has a dual snorkel air cleaner and the crossflag finned valve covers to replicate the LT1. It has power steering and power assisted brakes. It has a Monster Transmission Super Duty 700R4 automatic transmission, 2500 Stall converter, and its all controlled by a B&M Megashifter. It also has GM 12 bolt rear with a Yukon Gear posi and 3.73 running gears. For cooling, it has an electirc fan and is controlled by a Flex-a-Lite fan controller, that cools through a Summit Racing 3 core aluminum radiator.
The Nova was painted 2 years ago. It was painted GM code 75 Cranberry Red by Walker Pro Body Shop. It was block sanded for 4 sessions, and the paint is MILES deep, as you can see in the pictures. It has an AMD 2" cowl induction hood.
Under the hood looks better than when the car was new. It has a Dual Snorkel air cleaner with the crossflag Corvette Valve covers to replicate the LT1. It has new AMD inner fenders, and all new forward wiring control harness from American AutoWire. It has a Right Stuff Detailing power brake conversion kit with front disc brakes and all new prebent brake lines.
The interior has all been redone with new wiring from American AutoWire, and new seat covers and foam, headlinder, and sunvisors from PUI. The carpet is new from ACC, and Eastwood Sound Deadening was laid down underneath. The speedometer was bought brand new when the car was restored, so the miles on it are all that is on it since the restoration. The gauge also has a Shiftworks In-Dash Tach Conversion. It makes the inside look super clean w/o a big Tach on the steering column. It also has a Custom Autosound USA-630 stereo.
The suspension has all been rebuilt with Moog ball joints, tie rods, pittman arm and idler arm. In the rear, it has new Belltech leaf springs. New body mounts and all bushings were replaced with ENERGY Suspension bushings. Out back, it has LakeWood traction bars, and Competitiong Engineering SubFrame Connectors.
Boggess Performance built 383 with the following components:
• 5.7 inch Eagle 5140 steel I-Beam rods
• 3.75” stroke Scat crank
• PBM Strike Force Aluminum 23* heads. Intake runner volume is 200cc, chamber volume is 64cc with STRAIGHT spark plugs.
• PBM 2.02" stainless steel intake and 1.60" stainless steel exhaust valves.
• Professional Products Crosswind Dual Plane Air Gap intake manifold
• Erson Cam – Grind RH286/365 Hydraulic Roller
• Lobe Separation Angle: 108
• Valve Lift (Int/Exh): 0.548 0.548
• Duration (Int/Exh): 286 286
• Intake Center Line: 108
• 670 Holley Street Avenger 4150 carb
• GM HEI ignition with 8.5 MSD Ignition wires
• Holley 12-834 80gph 7.5psi mechanical fuel pump
• Aluminum 3 core Summit Brand radiator
• Electric fans (3500cfm)
• Dual Snorkel Air cleaner
• Monster Transmissions 700r4 Tranny with B&M Megashifter
• 12 bolt GM rear with Yukon Gear posi with 3.73 gears
• All new carpet (ACC), seat covers (PUI), Headliner (PUI), Visors (PUI)
• Shiftworks In-Dash Tachometer conversion that has the tach to the right of the speedometer
• Eastwood Brand Sound Deadening
• Complete Suspension rebuilt with Moog ball joints, tie rods, centerlink, pittman arm, idler arm, and sway bar links.
• Replaced all the body mounts and bushings with ENERGY suspension bushings including upper and lower control arm bushings, leaf spring bushings, and sway bar bushings.
• New Belltech Leaf springs
• Lakewood Traction Bars
• Competitiong Engineering SubFrame Connectors
• New Fuel tank from Ground Up.
• New front and interior wiring from American Autowire.
Again, I personally built this car, and can tell you every part that was used. It was built right, no expense spared, and it is a blast to drive.