1961 chevy, Bel-Air, Bel Air, V-8, 3 speed stick, 1962, 1963, add your 409!
Price: US $8,100.00 Item location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Impala
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1961
- Mileage: 75,000
- Color: Blue
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1961 Chevrolet Impala1961ChevroletBel-Air Sport Coupe
This is a one family owned car. It has been in storage for the past 25 years. The pictures of the car describe the car. The car has original paint above the chrome.
Body:Below the chrome there has been body work in the early 70's.
- You can see work on the lower edges of the quarter panels over the arch and along the rocker panels. It has nicepatina.
- The floors are average. Solid in the middle and when you go out to the rockers, they are soft. I have no lift, so I cannot take pictures of the underside.
- The trunk is solid. You can see some rust where the dirt hits the wheel liner. The tray and attachment points to the inner wheel wheel housings are very nice.
- The dog legs inside the door jambs are excellent. The mounting points for the doors are also excellent.
- The doors are very nice shape
- All the chrome is in very nice shape, you can see this on the pictures.
- Thealignmentof the doors, hood and trunk are right on. Everything works nicely.
Interior:The interior is extremely nice. Besides the wear in the drivers area, it would be considered outstanding.
- The dash is excellent and needs no work
- The headliner is excellent, no rips, frays or irregularities.
- All the door panels are super nice. Look at the picture of the drivers door and that is what the rest looks like.
- The carb needs to be pumped to get the car running, accelerator pump?
- Goes into gear with no grinding or double clutching. Shiftssmoothlythrough the gears.
- Tires are bias ply. Look to be in good shape, but you cannot trust bias ply.
- Brakes need attention. I was driving it and the front left seems to behangingup. There is very good pedal.
- Gas Gage does not work, Has a new tank, but reads full. Bad ground?
- Exhaust is old. It is intact, no holes, but old.
- New Battery
Summary:I described the car best I could. If you have any further questions, please contact me. I am not one of those clowns that don't know anything about cars. The car has lots of potential and I am not selling the dream of some day it will bedrive-able. With a little brake work,you can be driving by the weekend. I live in Mpls.
I require a $200 deposit at the end of the auction to the winning bidder. Deposit is non-refundable