1979 L82 Chevrolet Corvette T-tops 60k miles L 82 chevy vette SALE
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- SubModel: L82
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 292 Dark Blue
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 60,263
- VIN: 1Z8749S405276
- Color: 83L Dark Blue
- Engine size: V-8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Options: T- Tops, power windows, 8-track tape player, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Chevrolet Corvette L82
· 1979 L82 automatic T – tops with 60,260 original miles. This is a true L82 designated by the fifth digit in vin being the number four. Trim #292 Paint #83L.
· I have owned it for the last 12 years and put less than 100 mi a year on it. I purchased it from a private owner in scranton pa. It has mostly been in garage storage and started every so often. Runs good. Never driven in rain by me, or ever if you believe the previous owner. It currently has Classic Tags on it which cannot be sold/transferred easily with the car so I will be removing them.
· Upgraded Monza chrome exhaust, chrome gear shift knob. Has factory aluminum wheels. Has the original leather bags for the T-tops.
· New rear tires, speakers, new Battery from autozone, new K&N air filter, new shocks, new exhaust as stated above.
· Has blackouts for lights, working original 8 track tape player +extra tapes, power windows, rear defog, car cover, orig owner’s manual in perfect cond.
· Problems that I can find:
· AC not hooked up/working - has ac but I have never used it because I only drove with the ttops off. When you turn the ac on it blows air but not cold - I just found the belt that was removed for the ac motor in a rear storage compartment.
· I’m pretty confident that the front right brake caliper is sticking – so will need new brake calipers. Note: new brake lining was put on a few years ago but has not been driven often enough I do not know what condition it is in.
· Up close the paint has hair line cracks which happens to all the old fiberglass cars. The paint is not new, looks great from a distance but up close many cracks and fading around the emblem areas. See pics for this as well.
· Leather seats are good, but have a few small cracks or tears on driver’s seat (see pics). Has blue seat covers included as well.
· Passenger seatbelt does not suck back in at the top. Power door locks do not work. Glove box knob to open the glove box is not working right. The rear antenna does not go up, although it makes noise like it’s trying.
· The horn is a pushbutton on floor to left of brake. The main horn on wheel does not work.
· I know the car has not been started or driven as often as it should be. It has never failed an inspection but has not been inspected for a few years.
· It is a beautiful car, but its not perfect. Purchase knowing that it is not perfect, sold as is. I will do my best to describe every detail but I may miss something small. Let me know if you want to come look at it before the auction ends, and please ask questions before the auction ends, but I dont know much more than I have on here. Serious bidders only. If you can’t pay the auction price don’t bid. I am not going to lower the price. Thanks.
· Purchaser responsible for shipping arrangements. I am near Harrisburg Pennsylvania. This car is sold as is. The buyer assumes all responsibilities including insurance. THERE IS "NO WARRANTY". ALL SHIPPING, REGISTRATION, TITLE FEES, TAXES, AND OTHER FEES ARETHE COMPLETE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BUYER.
· If you bid you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. I have done my best to accurately describe this vehicle plus I loaded numerous pictures. Once again, serious bidders only. Thanks!