1979 C3 Corvette coupe fresh 383 Stroker motor - many new parts - 2 owner car
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 1,000
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 383 stroker
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Chevrolet Corvette
This is a NO RESERVE AUCTION
After many years of ownership, this 1979 Corvette coupe has to be sold due to our purchase of a brand new 2016 C7 Corvette. There is not enough room in the garage now, and I am not going to store this car outside after it has spent it’s entire life in a garage. This car is a hear-turner, painted only once in Peacock Blue – a very deep blue that was a factory Bentley color PPG paint.A good friend painted this at Forman motors in West Palm BeachFlorida. A high end Bentley, Rolls, Benz, shop. This has been a Florida car from day one, and has a clear in hand title. **This was a factory air conditioned car, however the compressor has been removed, it qould be brought back to an A/C car if needed. Vacuum head lights go up and down in sequence (like they should) which is some what rare with these older C3 Corvettes.
There are so many things new or recently replaced on this car, I will try to name them all, there are also some things that need to be done, and I will also point those out as well as possible.
· 383 – Professionally built “Stroker” motor with less than 1000 miles, aluminum heads, large but “streetable" cam – also completely rebuilt TH-350 Transmission at the same time.
· Brand new Holley 670 cfm electric choke, 4 barrel carb. With black wrinkle finished finned card air cleaner.
· Brand new Edelbrock high performance intake with powder coasted black wrinkle paint finish
· Brand new aluminum radiator with dual thermostatically controlled electric fans
· Brand new OEM power brake booster inn black wrinkle finish
· Brand new OEM master brake cylinder
· Brand new unique “383 Stroker” high rise valve covers in powder coated black winkle finish with brushed 383 rasied logos.
· Replaced Mallory high performance ignition with brand new Taylor silicone hi-temp plug wires.
· Replace CSR hi-flow electric water pump
· Brand new Delco alternator - New battery.
· Brand new Moog ball joints, and full front polyurethane bushing kit (have all bushings for rear, but that has not been done yet)
· Brand new front Moog coil springs, brand front steering tie rods.
· Brand new front and rear KYP gas shocks and struts (not the cheap ones)
· Over 1000.00 recently spent on industrial sand blasting then powder coating (Sizemore powder coating in Bunnell Fl.) of all 4 wheels in factory correct argent silver, also both lower and upper control arms, front wheel upper and lower spindles, in gloss black, and argent silver on brake dust covers.
· Brand new power steering control valve and slave arm with new hose set and fittings.
· Brand new (4) slotted high performance brake rotors
· Brand new front and rear ceramic brake pads
· (2) brand new brake calipers – other (2) are fine.
· Replaced (4) wheel trim rings and (4) chrome rally center caps These are the OEM ones that are hard top find, I had bought the after market trim rings that have an obvious yellowing look, these really shine. These caps and rings are of NCRS Corvette quality and appearance, these were not cheap, and hard to find.
· Replaced full seat cushions, top and bottom, both seats.
· Replaced both left and right door panels and dash.
· Replaced gauges with red digital gauges included tach and speedo.
· Replaced MINT CONDITION OEM mirror t-tops, these were 1200.00.
· Replaced Hooker super competition headers in chrome with 4” side pipes. The sound of this motor with these pipes and a 383 Stroker is just awesome!
· Replaced – all emblems and badges, (4) rear tail lights.
· Dark navy Lloyd's floor mats with embroidered Corvette C3 logo - blue Weather Shield customer fitted car cover.
This is not a perfect car, it will require some work, but looks great for it's 37 years of age Below are some things that are needed the I know of off the top of my head. As with any old car, there may be other things needed, or the new owner may choose to do additional or custom work. All fluids, Trans, engine oil and filter, and rear gear housing have just been changed.
- Right side front pillar window trim
- Install upper windshield roof trim piece (have the part)
- (2) new wire harness male/female plugs (sold at Ecklers and other places)for power door looks - power door looks do not work due to wiring.
- need new passenger power window switch (standard GM type easily available)
- front end alignment due to the ball joint and tie rod replacement,
- misc.. interior fixes and tweeks needed.
- Tires have almost full tread, but are older (approximately 8 years old)
- Driver and passenger interior door panel arm rests (easy to find on eBay or after marker Corvette stores like Ecklers)
*** The last pic of the 3 cars is to show why I have to, reluctantly, sell this C3 Corvette. I have had it many years, but the new 2016 Vette, and the Porsche 911 have to go in the garage. The other two cars are obviously NOT INCLUDED in this auction, this is for one 1979 Corvette coupe.
This is a NO RESERVE AUCTION - I have been a eBay member for over 14 years with a flawless feedback rating and have sold several personal cars, boats, bikes, etc. NEVER an issue what so ever, so bid with confidence. The car is also for sale locally, and I reserve the right to end this auction if the car is sold prior to end of auction - Thanks for looking! On Jun-11-16 at 12:11:23 PDT, seller added the following information:
Interior door panels need to be fastened properly.On Jun-11-16 at 18:42:05 PDT, seller added the following information:
Sorry for several typo's, almost embarrassing - LOL.
I thought I couldmodify it after the listing, it was a lot of wording, but I wastrying to be detailed. I listed the car as a no-reserve .99 cents starting bid, there was a bid in about a minute after posting the listing. I then haveNO opportunity to change typos, or pics, because a bid took place. If you are serious about buying the car, I can email additional pics. As the auction is now, I am at my max 24 pics, and cannot modify anything because the auction has the initial bid. I have several extra pics, one, where the intake manifold was replaced just a few months ago, and shows the inside below the intake, and the aluminum rockers on both sides of the motor. Direct email is -