NOM date coded big block 396 - 4-Speed - Show Quality Paint + Body & Interior!!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Camaro
- SubModel: SS
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 4,071
- VIN: 124379N550428
- Color: Red
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS
This Camaro has undergone a complete restoration, and it looks absolutely beautiful. There have been a few miles put on the car since the restoration to be able to work out any kinks from the rebuild, but not enough miles to generate stone chips and road wear. This car is extremely clean, and looks like it was just recently built.
This car is believed to be a true factory SS car. It currently has the RS front clip, and reverse lights but I believe those items were added later. It appears as a RS/SS, but I believe the car was built originally as an SS.
Featuring such things as:
- Factory front disc brakes
- #’s Matching Posi rear end
- Console gauges
- Cowl hood
- Rear spoiler
- #’s Matching 4-Speed Muncie M-20 wide ratio manual trans
- NOM Date-coded Chevrolet 396/350 hp V-8 engine
This exterior of this beautiful Camaro is finished in the correct Garnet Red paint, and is absolutely stunning! The paint is also correct to the trim tag from when it was built. Also correct is the black vinyl top, and the brand new black bucket seats. There are no dents, dings, scratches, scuffs or marks of any kind on the outside of this wonderful car.
The interior is just as nice. Finished in the correct factory black vinyl buckets. There are absolutely no issues with the interior anywhere you look. The interior of this car is completely new!
The 396 V-8 motor starts and runs flawlessly with no hesitation. It runs very clean with no sign of smoke from the tailpipe. This is a very strong running car, and will also sit and idle without having to feather the pedal.
The 4-Speed Muncie M-20 wide-ratio manual transmission shifts perfectly into each gear without grinding or jumping out of gear.
All sitting on a set of painted steel wheels with dog dish hubcaps, and a new set of Redline tires.
Important facts about this car:
- This Camaro was built on the 4th week of November, 1968.
- No X Codes were placed on Norwood cars until December 1968.
- Engine is 396 / 350 HP L34 (code CTW - one year newer than car)
- M20 - 4 Speed transmission with a matching VIN to car and October 18 build date.
- 12 Bolt posi rear with 3:07 gears with November 20 build date.
- M20's and 12 bolt rears were NOT put in non-performance Camaros
- Car has big-block transmission mount
- Heater core tubes come out of middle of blower panel
- Two fuel lines
- 23" Radiator
- Reinforcement plate in driver's side rear frame rail indicating factory dual exhaust
- PDB w/ 2 proportioning valves
- Multi-leaf rear springs
This car is an absolutely beautiful example of how a restoration should be done. There are no disappointments and no excuses with this awesome ’69 muscle car! The only items to be addressed are the headlight doors. They operate manually perfectly, but there are no motors installed.