1968 L-78 Camaro SS RS Convertible
Price: US $23,550.00 Item location: Kaysville, Utah, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Camaro
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Rally Sport
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 91,000
- VIN: 124678N446923
- Color: Gray
- Engine size: 427 Cu. In.
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gas
- Transmission: 4-Speed
- Interior color: White
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Chevrolet Camaro1968 Camaro L-78 SS Rally Sport Convertible
I am re-listing the car due to low response because of the Memorial Day holiday.
Please NOTE: This is NOT a tribute car or a clone, this car is a real SS Rally Sport.
Here are the options the car is equipped with as it is now:
- 427 Cu. in. 390 HP Engine - Date Coded 1968
- Muncie 4-speed
- Hurst Shifter
- 3.73 12-bolt Posi-traction Rear End
- Disc Brakes
- New Black Power Convertible Top
- Original Deluxe Pearl Interior - (Not redone)
- AM-FM CD Player - Not original
- Console With Gauges
- In Dash Tic-Tock-Tach 6000 RPM Redline
- Original SS Steering Wheel
- Full Rally Sport Trim including Rally Wheels
- GM Cowl Induction Hood
- Rear Spoiler
- BF Goodrich Radials on Rally Rims
- Multi-leaf spring rear suspension
- Air Shocks
L-78 Original Equipment
- The rear end is coded BU for Z/28 or L-78 and it's not a "Z"
- There is a single 3/8" fuel line in the car, apparently all other engine combinations had a dual line with the return on them.
- It has a 6Kred linetach
- The original L-78 396 was pulled before I got the car.
- The engine has very few miles on it. I will assume this because I pulled the valve covers off and the heads are spotless.
- The engine runs fabulously, lopes along with tons of power.
- The 4-speed shifts really well and is quite smooth.
- The old Hurst shifter looks good and works fine.
- The original interior shows wear, but no rips or damage
- The power top works fine and the top is new
- The tires are like new
- It doesn't appear that the car has ever been in a bad accident, meaning I didn't see any frame damage when I crawled underneath it.
- All of the chrome is nice.
- The paint job is old but looks good, I'd say it's a 15 footer.
- The car runs and drives well. Meaning the steering is not all over the road and the car feels fairly tight for being a 68.
- The original floor pans are solid with "0" rust
- The trunk pan was professionally replace and look beautiful top and bottom
- There is minor rust behind the drivers rear wheel well, See pics
- Since it's the original interior, it shows some wear.
- The rear back-up lights are not hooked up, it's missing the switch on the tranny.
- The body seams behind the rear window that run down to the trunk have cracks in them. Chevrolet filled these seams on convertibles and they all crack out over time.
- I am working on getting the temp gauge to work properly, I think it needs a new sender, which I am installing this week.
- I am also working on the fuel gauge, it was working fine last week, but for some reason, quit.
- Please, please be sure you want this car, call me and ask me questions if you are unsure about any aspect of the vehicle. You can reach me in Utah at 801-791-2653 and I will be happy to discuss the car with you.
- I require a $500 deposit via PayPal within 12 hours of the auction.
- The balance is due within 24 hours via wire transfer into my bank.
- Shipping is the complete responsibility of the buyer. I will assist with the details and am happy to help the transport Co. by meeting them at a convenient location to load the car.
- This vehicle is sold AS-IS with no warranty expressed or implied.