Meticulously Restored 1970 Corvette
Price: US $26,000.00 Item location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Base
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 11,554
- VIN: 194370S402011
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 350
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Chevrolet CorvetteJust in time for spring!
The starting price for this auction is where the last auction ended. One of the bidders on the last auction asked if there was a "Buy it Now" price. I re-listed with a Buy it Now price and a Reserve.
If you are looking for an original motor, numbers matching Corvette, you can stop reading now.
However, if you are looking for a meticulously restored chrome bumper, C3 Corvette that can be driven and enjoyed every day, keep reading.
I have owned the car since January 2011. I have over $45,000 invested in the car.
Because the car was not an original motor car, I made some minor (but not immediately noticeable) enhancements to the car to make it more reliable and enjoyable to be driven every day, including when it is 95 degrees in Atlanta:
- The major enhancement was to add a Vintage Air, electronic air conditioning system.
- To keep the car running cool, even when it is 95 degrees out and I am stuck in traffic with the air conditioning running, I installed an electric fan between the radiator and the air conditioning condensor. You can hardly see it.
- I replaced the awful after market radio that came with the car with an original looking after market radio that has modern electronics and has an an auxiliary input. I connected an iPod connector, that also charges the iPod, to the auxiliary input and ran the cable under the console and out the ashtray opening. You can see the iPod in one of the pictures. How many 1970 Corvette's do you see with an iPod?
- Finally, to improve the quality of the sound coming out of the radio, I installed 4 high quality speakers - 2 in the upper dash pad and 2 in the kick panels (1970 Corvettes only came with 2 really crummy speakers in the upper dash pad)
Now a little bit about the car itself:
- 1970 Corvette Coupe, Donnybrook Green, Black Vinyl interior, 4 speed transmission
- Chrome bumper C3's are definitely the most desirable (They were made from1968 -1972)
- In my opinion, the1970 was the last desirable C3 year. After that they started lowering the horsepower with all of the emissions stuff
- 1970 was a strike year, so they didn't make as many Corvettes in 1970 as they did in other years
- Donnybrook Green was only offered in 1970
- This car was the 2011th car made in the 1970 model year. It was manufactured in January, 1970
- The motor was replaced by the 2nd previous owner. It has around 8,000 miles on it. It runs great. Here are some specifics for those of you who are interested:
- 350-NOM block (Approx Hp 275-300) Est. 8k on engine.
- Block Casting-3970014 (used 1970-76)
- Driver side Casting: K675
- Pass side Casting: TG CON V2
- Exhaust manifold casting # 3747038 (used 1962-68)
- Heads: (World Products (Torquer?) 170cc runners “S/R”- stock replacement) PAD: lot#-11383
- W D12 94 NH
- S/R 1-052
- (Crane Cams roller tip rockers)
- Carb-Q-Jet- 7041211 IT 1311- (131st day 1971)
- Intake: 3927184 GM 5 cast iron (1969)
- Replaced a Hurst shifter and heavy duty clutch with a standard shifter and clutch - to make the car much easier to drive every day
- New radiator
- New rebuilt carburetor
- Flywheel resurfaced and balanced
- Rebuilt rear end (New ring and pinion)
- New trailing arms and rear axles
- Frame stripped and all rust repaired
- Front and rear suspension overhaul
- All suspension parts stripped and repainted
- Installed an off road exhaust from Corvette Central (most of the parts were purchased from Corvette Central)
- Rebuilt vacuum system, including resealing the vacuum tank
- Paint stripped, minor front end repairs made and the car repainted (base coat, clear coat) by Pro Body & Paint, an internationally known muscle car restorer in Bristol, Illinois
- Installed all new weatherstripping, including T-top
- New front and rear bumper
- Seats reupholstered. New seat foam, springs and driver seat frame repaired
- New upper dash pad, passenger side lower dash pad and door panels
- New center console and parking brake console
- Refinished dash bezel
- Replaced clock (although the new clock stopped working properly shortly after I replaced it. Only the second hand works :-( )
- Only the second hand of the clock turns. I have purchased another clock that will come with the car
- The rear fiber optics don't work
- The driver side window needs some adjusting