283 cc 315 hp Fuel Injection
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- Trim: Convertible 315hp Fuel Injection
- Year: 1961
- Mileage: 97,560
- VIN: 10867S107863
- Engine size: 4.6L 4638CC 283Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Windows
- Drive type: U/K
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1961 Chevrolet Corvette
The following is a YouTube link so you can see and hear the car (5 mins):
Video showstheowners manual/literature/manuals/books described below, estoration receipts and GM Emergency Tool Kit (1 min)
Numbers matching,1961 Corvette Roadster, actory fuel injection (13% sold), ower windows (6% sold),4 speed manual transmission, uxiliaryhardtop (1961 date coded windows), span>positraction rear axle,
andheater. 159 out of 10,939 were sateen silver with white coves. The black soft top isa newinstall.The car is a blast to drive, s very reliable, riven regularily,rides great, nd has incredible acceleration andhandling. Thiscar isgood old fashion American muscle.
The fuel injection unitwas just recentlyrebuilt with all new parts calibrated to factory specifications by Lyle Davidson of Davidson Restorationin Leesburg, a. (receipt and documentation). Davidson Restoration also inspected andconfirmed that the car is an original factory fuel injection car and provide a letter documenting everything inspected in making thatdetermination.Mr. Davidson states in the letter that "The entire restoration used many NOS and or period correct pieces to construct, nd a remarkable amount of craftsmanship went into it."
During restoration the cargot anew front end clip. The ownertold me via e-mail (copy in file) that there was sagging in the front end drivers side. Davidson Restoration documented the quality of the replacement and made the following statements, the construction and craftsmanship of this front end are tasteful and within the top 95% of those that I've observed to be installed correctly to include installation ofbonding strips."
The front end was just aligned and the wheel bearing packed. There is no vibration in the steering wheelor pulling period but there isslight side-to-side play in the steering column. The undercarriage looks new. The body restoration and enginerebuild weredone between 2007 and 2008 (receipts).The tires are reproduction wide white wall radials.The car has a new speedometer and quartz clockinstalled in 2015. New gas tank and sending unit installed in 2012, ew 4:11 differential gears in 2013 (receipts).The hardtop hasa new windshieldweather strip.
All gauges work well and illuminate including the emergency brake and high beam indicators dash lights as well as all exterior lights,turn signals, nd license plate light. I have the original clock (not working), peaker (working) andwonderbar radio (workingbut dark). The radio that is installed is a 100% looking replica with the exception that it has FM and an Ipod jack.The FMnumbers arerecessedin the dial and not seen without looking into the dial face (video). To kept period correct the electronics were adopted so to switch between AM/FM/Ipod you simplyturn the radio on and off quickly.
Matching white wall spare tire, riginal sissor jack, rank handle, ug wrench.
The GM Accessories Tool Kit (Vlchek Drop Forged tools - 2wrenches for hardtop, ne for the spare tire board,pliers, lat head screw driver and hammer).
Thespare tire board hasGM factory jack instructions andpositive traccaution decals. The engine compartment has all thecorrect decals. Also has theGM paint care stickerinside the glove box door.
I have all previous titles back to 1981, s well as all the restorationand maintenance receipts.
Sateen Silver, rmine White Coves, oman Red Interior and Black Convertible Top
Two-Tone Paint Production (RPO 440)
Production Units with the Option
Roman Red / White
Honduras Maroon / White
Ermine White / Silver
Fawn Beige / White
Tuxedo Black / Silver
Jewel Blue / White
Sateen Silver / White
VIN # 10867S107863
Engine Stamp Pad # 1107863F04I9CS.
Engine Casting Number#3756519
Rochester Fuel Injection Unit# 7017320
4 Speed Manual Transmissionwith 4:11 positive tracrear.
RebuiltGenerator installed in 2015 including new fan belt.
New NOS GM upper and lower radiator hoses and new thermostat
914 Dual Point Distributor Petronix converted
NewDelcoplugs, ires, istributor cap, otor button and Delco coil.
AC Delco 100% replica battery (requires water)new in the box. The installed batteryin 2015is a black NAPA with over 1100 CCA.
MANUAL, OOKS, AGAZINES, ALES LITERATURE (excellent condition):
1. Original 1961 GM Corvette Owners Manual w/card,warrantyand break in insert cards in theGM original envelope. (with a reprint copy of the owners manual in the glove box)
2. Original 1961 Corvette Assembly Manual by Mid American Enterprises (3 ring binder)
3,Original 1961 Chevrolet Front Wheel Alignment and Wheel BalancingManual
4. Original 1961 Chevrolet Motor Division Corvette Service Operations - Chassis Manual
5. Original 1961 Corvette Servicing Guide
6. Original 1961 Chevrolet Radio Service and Shop Manual
7. Original 1961 Chevrolet Corvair Corvette "The Greatest Show on Worth" sales manual given to the salesman only
8. Original 1961 "Sixty-Onederful" Chevrolet "The Greatest Show on Worth" mailer showing all the new 1961 Chevroletcars.
9. Original 1961 Chevrolet Custom Features brochure given out at the dealerships showing optional items available for all 1961 cars.
10. Original 1961 "Chevrolet for 1961" brochure of all the new cars given out at the dealerships
10.Original November 1960 Motor Trend Magazine - 1961 Auto Show
11. Original December 1960 Sports Car Magazine (cover says soon to be Car and Drive)featuringthe 1961 Corvette Road Research Report
12. Original 1961 Corvette Owners Magazine - Corvette News - Special Announcement Issue Volume 3 No. 3dedicated tothe all new 1961 Corvette
13. Original 1961 "Corvette '61" by Chevrolet Tri-fold color brochure
14.Original Magazinefull page advertisements (11) for the 1961 corvette,"Corvette by Chevrolet"
15. Original 1955 to 1962 Corvette Complete Owners Handbook published by Floyd Clymer
2 high and 2 low beams headlights
4 Delco Shock Absorbers
3 gas filter inserts
8 Delco R46 spark plugs
Delco spark plug wire set (NOS)
Thefollowingtable showstheRegularProductionOptions(RPO)purchasedonthis car and the original sale price. Thethirdcolumnisthebaseand optionpricing,followed bycolumnsshowing thequantityofoptionssold,andthepercentageoftheoptionssold tothetotalnumberof 10,939 vehiclesproduced.
RegularPurchase Option (RPO) Number
Units Produced / RPO's Sold
Percentage (%) Produced with RPO
Base Convertible, 83 Cubic Inch, 30hp Engine
AM Radio, ignal Seeking
Positive Crankcase Ventilation
Whitewall Tires, .70x15
283 Cubic Inch, 15hp Engine (fuel injection)
Two-Tone Paint Combination
Positraction Rear Axle
4-Speed Manual Transmission.
Total Sticker Price (less taxes and tags)