1968 Chevy C-10 Stepside SWB Hot Rod Street Truck RestoMod
Price: US $19,999.00 Item location: Melbourne, Florida, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: C-10
- SubModel: SWB Stepside
- Type: Awesome
- Trim: Short Wheelbase
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 37,000
- VIN: CS148X140411
- Color: Blue metal flake
- Engine size: 350 CI V8 (newer)
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: regular gas
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray - Cloth
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Chevrolet C-10 SWB StepsideLocated in Melbourne, L. The 67-72 Chevrolet C-10 trucks are the most sought after years. The short wheelbase step-sides are the most unique and desirable and are tough to find in good shape. I shipped this truck from Bakersfield, A so I could start with a rust-free example. Many catalogs are available wth restoration and new & improved parts. Online forums have tons of info and advice. This 1/2 ton truck is in great shape...you will get a LOT of attention with thumbs up at stop lights, eople stopping you to ask about it, nd a TON of complements wherever you go. Everyone has a story about a family member that had an old pickup.
*** e-mail for more photos***
This is a Hot Rod truck that I have put a ton of money and time into in order to make it a reliable and comfortable daily driver. The body is old but the underside, otor and transmission have been replaced and updated. The ride is lowered and smooth, have re-done it all from the previous owner. Frame is original, o airbags or C-sections on the frame. Handles like a car, ides better than new. The AC is ice cold. A new 4 speaker stereo, ower steering, ower disc brakes, ew suspension, nd an automatic transmission make this an easy truck for even your wife or daughter to drive.
Need a shop truck or a rolling advertisement? Just put some lettering or vinyl stickers on this to draw attention to your business. You WILL get noticed.
I'm constantly given thumbs up, topped to question me about it, nd many people want to take pictures with it. Recently, y wife was stopped 4 times getting gas just a mile and a half away!
I've sorted this truck out and made it reliable and comfortable as a daily driver.
*** I have more that $28,000 and a LOT of time invested since purchase in June 2015 ***
Don't kid yourself on the cost of building a 48 year old truck into a reliable daily driver. Unless you find a unicorn, here is lots to be sorted out...this one has been gone thru It is not perfect, ut it will draw a crowd no matter where you stop. Nothing but compliments and stories.
- A new job and relocation has me spending too much time on the highway to truly enjoy this classic.- Rust-free Bakerfield, A truck- NC DMV VIN inspection, lear NC Title in hand- 350 cu. In. V-8, ith Edelbrock intake and Edelbrock 4BBL carburetor- Turbo 400 transmission- 20" chrome mags with new low-profile tires- Chrome step for stepside- Cloth interior -- recovered recently- Blue metal flake paint - recent. Color is from a 69 Corvette/Chevelle- Power Steering with smaller aftermarket steering wheel.- Power Disc Brakes (just added)- Air Conditioning (Vintage Air) with a factory look. Factory controls. (just added)- Kenwood Stereo w/iPhone jack, D, nd 4 speakers- Hidden trailer hitch behind license plate- One-piece tinted side windows (just added)- Sliding tinted rear window- 1 piece tinted side windows (just added)- Mahogany stained oak wood bed w/spray-on bed liner on sides- Rubber Bed mat to protect the bed
New Parts/Services- In-dash Vintage Air A/C system - Ice Cold! Heat also works well- Power Front disc brakes- Heavy Duty Battery- 2-1/2" Drop Spindles - front- Coil springs replaced with CPP Springs - stock length in front, " drop in back- Alignment & Tire balancing- Handles well and rides nice.- Brothers 1-piece tinted window kit -- eliminates vent windows and air leaks- Ignition and door locks all replaced, key for all- 2 mufflers -- relatively quiet with a little rumble- 4 door hinge pins- Shop manual- Headlight switch- Wiper switch- Wiring from the cab back- Kenwood Stereo (4 speakers), luetooth, D, Phone jack- Kick panel speakers- Chrome Front Bumper- Gas tank sending unit- Rubber bed mat- Stainless Steel Tailgate protector