1963 Corvette Split Window Coupe Riverside Red with Black Interior 4 speed
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- Year: 1963
- Mileage: 75,788
- VIN: 30837S109672
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1963 Chevrolet CorvetteHate to sell her but I have too many vehicles at the moment!
Very original driver quality 1963 Corvette Split Window Coupe
- Very early production Split window coupe. From the trim tag decoding (that I just found) it was built February 1963 in St Louis, o.
- Numbers matching 340 Horse motor - see the pic of the engine number.
- Finished in Riverside Red (original color).
- Nice original Black Interior (original color). Seats look original to me as the seat cushions are a little flat - ie; not like they are 2 years old.
- 4 speed that shifts flawlessly
- New tires on reproduction knock off wheels. Original wheels and hubcaps included in the sale if you want them.
- Original AM/FM radio works fine
- Headlights go up and down as they should
- Instruments work with the exception of the clock.
- Speedo reads a little slow but I think that can be fixed by changing the drive gear in the transmission.
- Starts right up and drives as it should
- Original engine compartment with the single line non power brake system.
- I believe it has an original carb on it.
- Non power steering.
- Original California Black license plates go with the car.
- Has air conditioning but I don't think it is OEM. Looks newer to me.
- Has the spare tire carrier in its place. Includes the jack as well.
- Lots of 1963 Vette manuals, CRS books and service manuals.
- Spare radiator comes with it.
- Bumpers were rechromed in the recent past. They look great.
- I have the "higher redline tach" in a box of spares that came with the car. I'm not sure why it is not installed.
- I've also updated the auction with a picture of the motor number pad. Should be ledgeable and matches the plate on the body.
- There is now a video of the car starting at https://youtu.be/LgnVNTiCsCk
- Shows 75,788 miles.
The areas of weakness are the paint and the dash.
- Dash has some scratches and a crack or two.
- Paint looks good from most angles but does have a half dozen flaws like a bubbles and a spot where someone "keyed" the left rear quarter panel.
- Some of the original glass panels have scratches on them.
I had several mid year Vettes when I was younger and I bought this car with the intention of making it a restomod. So I went out and bought a 4 wheel Wilwood disc brake kit, railing arms and different front spindles from a 67 Vette to accept the disc brakes. And there they have sat for the last few years untouched in their boxes. Purchaser has the right to buy those items if they wish (they are not included in the auction value).
I am somewhat Corvette knowledgeable but not an expert by any means (I know enough to be dangerous - mostly to myself). Please ask any questions you may have before bidding.
Willing to work with your shipper or fly into San Jose and drive it home.
Current clear California title in my name.
$500 paypal deposit and the balance via wire or certified check. Car will be released when the funds clear.
Take a look at my feedback; over 3000 positive feedbacks with no negative feedback. Bid with confidence.