Frame off restoration, Venetian Red, two tops, hard top, correct suffix, 2x4bbl
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- Trim: 2 Dr Convertible
- Year: 1957
- Mileage: 74,152
- VIN: 575101909
- Color: Venetian Red/ White Coves coves
- Engine size: 283 C.I. 245 H.P.
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: (RWD)
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1957 Chevrolet Corvette
1957 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
Want to see 190 Hi-Res Photos? Contact Chad at 330-353-1750
Frame off restoration, enetian Red, wo tops, ard top, orrect suffix codes, nd 2×4 bbl.
The current owner purchased the car because it is a great car with a great color combination, ut its also the fact that it received a frame off restoration approx. 25 yrs ago, nd today looks as if it was done a few years ago. You can tell the car was very professionally, nd painstakingly done. The true testament to the quality of a restoration is not what it looks like when its done but how does it look years down the road. This car has held up so beautifully it is almost hard to believe.
Codes- (see pictures of codes in website)
Cylinder Head- 3740997 = Indicates a 1957 283 C.I. 1.72 Intake with a 1.5 Exhaust
Block Casting- 3731548= Indicates a small block V8 1957 283 C.I.
Carb- 2626S/2627S= Correct tags for a 1957 Corvette 245 H.P.
Alternator- 1102043= 1957 with 30 Amps
Vin#- E57S101909= Indicates
S= St. Louis MI
Buyer are required- To do their own research to verify the researched codes above are correct.
Seller has original three speed transmission that came with the car for authenticity, long with the four speed that is currently in the car now for drivability. This car also comes with two tops. You have to see pictures to see the level of details, nd the quality that went into this frame off restoration. Car has heater and A.M. signal seek radio. Current owner of this car is certainly an automobile and especially a Corvette enthusiast and owns several.
* Paint is very smooth and shiny in all areas and matches very well all the way around, nd without a doubt was professionally done.
* We did not find any scratches in the paint.
* The paint has been polished to a very smooth finish that shows very minimal orange peel effect with just a touch more being present on the hood. (again very minimal)
* Under florescent lights, nd at just the right angle you might see a few minor imperfections, ut it is about as high of quality as we have seen on these vehicles. (being extremely critical you will see a few light marks that were created by the hardtop rubber seal and could probably be rubbed out to some degree if someone choose to)
* We were able to locate one brush touched nick on the nose just above the grill. It is certainly possible there could be another one somewhere, hough we have not found it.
*The body is very straight and correct much as you would expect to see it new, nd possibly a little straighter than original.
* The fits around the doors, ood, runk, nd convertible top/ storage area, nd gas tank filler all look fairly uniform, nd as you would typically expect to see.
* The gaps are all fairly even, nd everything opens and closes well including the hood, runk, nd doors.
* We have seen over the years a lot of first generation Corvettes with some amazingly rough looking front fenders especially on the top, ut this car does not have this issue.
*Being extremely critical the drivers door could be adjusted up a bit at the back portion. (it drops just a touch upon opening)
* We did find one little crack by the lower left corner of the windshield. (see pictures)
* In reviewing the bright work on the entire car it certainly would appear that it was all refurbished during the restoration process. All of it looks like that of a car a couple years old with almost no wear showing.
* All bright work appears to be attached properly to the car, nd is very shiny without any noticed damage.
* No scratches or pitting.
* Being extremely critical we did find two little tiny dimples the size of a pin head that are just about
an inch above the pivot for the right windshield wiper.
* The glass on the cars is all nice and clear, e don’t see any bull-eyes, racks, ipers marks, r scratches.
* The rear of the drivers door glass has about an 1/8” aging showing and a little light scratch about one inch on the passengers window.
* The plastic window for the convertible top does not show any age or discoloring, t is very nice and clear.
* Car comes with a convertible and hard top
* The vinyl on the convertible top has very nice white coloring, nd does not show age. ( top only about three yrs old)
* The stitching is all in place without any seams coming apart, t is very soft as you can tell its has not been out in weather or much sun.
* It does have an instructions tab for care of the rear window and how to operate the top.
* The left side bead across the top could be adjusted up about a quarter inch just a bit to cover better.
* Pay close attention to the finish work that was done on the frame of the top prior to be being installed. Another indication that they were not cutting corners during this restoration.
* Pictures are not the best, he top is located in a crowded storage area.
* The top was restored and painted during the restoration process as well.
* The stainless all appears to be intact.
* Thought the headliner didn’t look completely deteriorated, here is new headliner material to go with the top. (see pictures)
* You will notice there are some foreign matter at the front edge of the top, hich maybe able to be polished off or repaired.
* It would be our observation that the interior was completely restored with the exception of retaining the patina of some original chrome, tainless, nd steering column.
* The seats, oor panels, nd carpet are all very soft, nd do not see any damage, nd at worst might have a little dust in the cracks
* It does not look like it has had much outdoor exposure, nd the colors are all very fresh and bright.
* The dash gauges are all very clear, ut you will notice some light wear and pitting on the knobs.
* We believe they may have choose to retain the original steering wheel and column just as it was in the car for a little originality
* The trunk is very neatly put together including what is believed to be an original operations manual that is just as it should have looked at its day.
* Take a close look at the complete trunk, s well as with items removed and photographed.
* It does include spare and wheel, s well as the jack, nd lug wrench.
* Take notice of the original style label on the wood panel, nd the original style mat that looks as if it may have come new with the car
Tires and Wheels-
*Firestone Deluxe Champions
Left Front- 6.70-15 9-10/32 Right Front- 6.70-15 9-10/32
Left Rear- 6.70-15 9-10/32 Right Rear- 6.70-15 9-10/32
* The hubcaps and the wheels are in beautiful condition, nd do not show any damage.
* The painted rims have nice looking paint all around the edge that shows they were very careful when mounting the tires.
* The white wall of the tires do have some light cracking particularly on the right front (Tires are fairly older and possibly from the restoration)
Engine and Transmission-
* A lot of attention to detail was taken when restoring the engine compartment, n the description you will see the information pertaining to suffix code, ead numbers, arburetor tag, tc.
* Frame off restoration that was done approx 25 years ago (per past owner)
* The frame appears to be free of any rust perforation, nd looked very original with high quality restoration.
* Bottom side was painted and has stood the test of time extremely well, gain going back to the quality of the work.
* We have provided (on our website) a lot of pictures of car on the rack, lease look closely for more information.
Car is performing correctly just as it was designed to. Chad did take the car on a short test drive around town, ut only up to about 50 mph, s he wanted to stay in the local area. The car seems to start and run correctly and pull very well. The clutch operation seemed smooth and seemed to be operating correctly. The transmission shifted smoothly with a nice short throw, nd all 4 forward gears as well as reverse seem to be operating correctly. Upon braking the car seems to stop well and does not seem to pulsate or pull to left or right. Car seemed to steer correctly and went straight down the road, nd drove as well as you would expect with bias belted tires. Non actual mileage indicated on the title.
Interested buyers please call Chad Gumpp
10% deposit ($1,000 minimum) must be received within three (3) days of the close of the auction and the balance due within 10 days of the auction. Extenuating circumstances may warrant us to revise the amount of deposit to protect the interest of the buyer and the seller.
Acceptable payment options:
Cash-in-person, erified by a bank
Bank to bank wire transfers to seller’s account
Cashier’s or bank check equivalent to cash
Interested buyers please call Chad Gumpp at 330-353-1750
Welcome to Auto Connection
Connecting buyers and sellers of unique vehicles
Conditions of Sale:
Auto Connection is a 3rd party agent, ssisting both buyers AND sellers. The vehicles they sell are from private owners and collectors, nd they provide advertising, arketing, nd consulting services for individuals and companies.
The Auto Connection representative has physically viewed the item being sold. The information comes from the seller and other research sources. Auto Connection is not responsible for any misrepresentation by the seller and/or errors in research results, ncluding history statements of vehicle history, epairs, tc.
This vehicle is being sold AS IS and without a warranty, nless otherwise stated.
Information about serial numbers, ngine numbers, nd any other codes does not guarantee a vehicle’s authenticity. These codes and numbers are not guaranteed to be the same as the information on the vehicle ID or vin, rim tag, ngine block, ylinder heads, ransmission, ifferential, r other components within this vehicle. Auto Connection does not guarantee documentation, uthenticity, epairs, echanical work, itles, dometer discrepancies, atching numbers, tamped engines, asting numbers, r any other codes, ags, r numbers. The potential for reproduction paper documentation exists, s well as restamped engines and reproduced trim/data tags.
Auto Connection has described this vehicle to the best of their knowledge, ut does not guarantee the accuracy of the description. Prospective buyers are encouraged to conduct their own due diligence, ncluding a physical inspection of the vehicle in person, r through a qualified third party inspector/appraiser.
The vehicle will remain for sale until a buyer has placed a deposit on it. This deposit is nonrefundable with the exception of the vehicle being severely misrepresented by Auto Connection or the seller, r stipulated in the Bill of Sale.
It is possible that this vehicle will be sold at a higher price than the highest bid (before or after the auction ends), f the reserve is not met. After the sale (if reserve is met or not), uto Connection must receive at least a 10% deposit (wire transfer or official bank or cashier’s check) within 3 days of the end of the auction (or the Bill of Sale is signed). The high bidder/buyer has 10 days from this time to send the balance in full or final payment and inspect the vehicle (or have a 3rd party professional inspection).
For the most part, he vehicle for sale is not “perfect”. It is unreasonable to assume that every single flaw in the paint, ody, ngine, tc. or any minor mechanical items (such as a light not working) be considered a reason to refuse the vehicle. Major rust/rot, ndisclosed problems with the frame, tc. might constitute a legitimate reason for the buyer to refuse to follow through with the sale. In that situation, he seller and buyer will try to reach an agreeable solution.
The buyer acknowledges that he has had the opportunity to inspect the vehicle to verify it is as listed and represented. He accepts the vehicle with all advertised equipment, ptions and accessories in "AS IS" condition with any faults or defects. The buyer will bear all future costs of repairs or correcting any defects that exist or may occur in the future. The seller will have no responsibility or liability for any consequential damages or injury caused by any failure or malfunction of the vehicle or any components. This car is being offered for sale by owner. The buyer and seller acknowledge that if the transaction is consummated and a dispute occurs relating to the sale, he laws of Ohio (the state that the car is located/sold) govern the rights and duties under the agreement.
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST BEFORE YOU BID.
We reserve the right to verify any bids to ensure all bids are legitimate in order to protect the interest of the seller. You are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase this vehicle. If you do not intend to purchase this item, o not bid! Bidder must be able to pay cash or have all loans PRE-APPROVED before bidding on this vehicle. Unqualified Bidding, id Shielding, uction Interference, nd any form of harassment will be subject to legal prosecution to the fullest extent of the law. We reserve the right to notify bidders and cancel this auction. We shall not be held liable for any such cancellation and/or closure. Bidder agrees to the jurisdiction of Ohio "Stark County" for all disputes. By bidding, idder accepts all the terms and conditions above.
If you have any question concerning the auction please call 330-452-5788 or email Chad@AutoConnectioncars.com Auto Connection will make every effort to answer your questions promptly. Please ask questions BEFORE bidding.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
All Images and HTML are owned and copyrighted by Auto Connection for our express use and control. Anyone using our images or design without our express written authorization is in violation of Federal Law and eBay's rules and regulations. eBay will be notified and violators may be prosecuted by Federal Law.