1970 Camaro Custom Show Pro-Touring CopperHead-Z
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Camaro
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: *** Custom Pro-Touring Show Car One-of-a-Kind
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 150
- VIN: 124870L517728
- Color: Cooperhead Pearl
- Engine size: 383
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: High Test Gas
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black/white
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Chevrolet Camaro
1970 Camaro – Show Car – One of a Kind Trophy Winner
_-- ONE OF THE BEST LOOKING AND FASTEST 2nd GEN CAMAROS —
Pro-Touring Camaro Split-Bumper with Z-28 badges
Please Read the details…There is no way to cover everything, ut only the top/best Engineered parts were used in building this Beauty. You will not find another one out there that compares. Nothing was spared. Please do not contact me just to chat; I’ve got enough car buddies that do that well.
Garage Kept - Climate control – New Everything – 15+ Years to Complete
*New 383 Balanced Stroker 504hp 520Tq.
*700R4 COAN Built Transmission (with overdrive and locking converter, nbsp;2800 Stahl)
*Custom Hand Made Interior including Billet Specialties parts and Dolphin Electronic Gauges
*Billet March Serpentine setup with A/C and Heat controlled by “VintageAir” systems
*Hydro-Boost Brake System (Chromed) using Aeroquip Hose and Fittings
*New Suspension and Steering with QA1 coil-overs in front and Hiedt’s PS management
*New Hi-End Audio System with Hifonic Amps, liff Audio Sub, rio and Infinity Speakers
*New Nitto Tires (maybe 150 miles on them) they were bought over 10 years ago
* Custom One of a Kind Boyd Coddington Spoke Wheels made only for this Car(These were made back in the early years of the restoration when Boyd was still alive)
*PPG Paint (Copperhead Pearl) on Engine and Engine Bay
*New – New installed over the past 15+ years with no more than 150 miles
If you are looking for a stock, umbers matching car, on’t waste your time here. This is as far from that as can be, ut don’t blame me if this car makes a stocker look plain and leaves it in the dust. Even a 396 LS5 can’t touch this. The car is located in Huntsville, labama. We bought/traded for this car in the Summer of 2008 and over the course of next 7 years, ’ve spent a ton of money and time to make what you see today. The car came from the Seattle Washington area. I'm 58 years old. My hobby is restoring old Muscle cars and been doing that for 30 years. I’ve built many cars but this one was for my wife. She has decided that with her limited time, he would rather sell the car and take the money to modernize her kitchen and do a few other things. We have plenty of other show cars. Never thought I’d see this day, ut here goes.
HISTORY:The car came out of Seattle and I know a bit about the 2 previous owners. The car started its life as a plain Jane 1970 Camaro. It was a rust free body and not a split bumper. The first owner, tripped the car and as the owner of a body shop, pent several year trying to perfect a GM Camaro. Although the car was painted 15 years ago, t looks like it just came out of the booth. The car was painted, ut and buffed many time over with several layers of clear. The paint and body are phenomenal. All the front end pieces to the split bumper were completed, ainted and wrapped, ot installed. The guy finally came to terms he was never going to finish it, s he had spent too many years piddling with it, o he sold it to the next guy (who I got it from) who owned a car shop where he dropped in a motor that was built to the same specs as the 2008 Small Block Engine competition winner. My wife and I traveled from Alabama to Washington hauling an enclosed trailer and another car as part trade and brought it home. It made for a wonderful cross country road trip. So basically, had a finished shell and a motor, couple of old seats and a steering shaft. From there the transformation of all wiring, ash, nterior, emaining drive train and assembly began. I have a full catalog of pictures through the build and receipts for the parts. Don’t ask me how much I spent as I am sure is more than double what I’ll get in the sale. Once assembled, y wife and I have driven the car ~150 miles in the past 5 years primarily to car shows and to Church on a few really nice days and it’s been in my heated/cooled showroom. During these past 5 years, uch more work has been done to fine tune the car to make it more drivable and/or to just make it handle and run better.Exterior (9.5/10):
- Cooperhead Pearl (PPG) – awesome gloss overall in show room condition see pics
o There are 4 small things that needs attention I’ll try to picture them
§ 2 are places where the trunk got closed to hard and it chipped a 1 cm piece of paint right in the corners.
§ We overtighted one of the corner spoiler parts too tight and it cracked the fiberglass
§ On the lower tail panel I made a 4” scratch with a jack stand removing it too fast.
- Show winner many times - including best paint and best motor.
- Boyd Coddington wheels are excellent and set off the car with natural ‘ole school rake to the front and a very nice and progressive stance. Having adjustable QA1s help with the setup.
- All Split bumper pieces were individually painted. It looks perfect
- Panel alignment can still be improved a little, s anyone who does body work knows, arly Camaros were not known for perfect dimensions and spacing.
- “0” rock chips on the front or hood or sides (maybe one or two behind the fat rear tires
- No rust anywhere with pictures to prove the condition of the bare floors, runk and undersideINTERIOR (10/10):
- MINT Overall –
- New Dash, /p>
- New Air vents,
- New carpet, /p>
- New Dolphin Vintage Cluster/Gauges,
- 2nd gen high back frames covered with two tone ultra-leather, andmade. Flat black with ostrich off-white interior panels (see pics)
- Vintage Aire controls for Heat and A/C
- Custom Door panels with fiberglass enclosures for the Trio Speakers and cross-overs
- 4 Speed Ratchet B&M Quicksilver Shifter
- Dynamat and Second Skin throughout the flooring
- Ultra High-end stereo – Pioneer head unit, Hifonic Amps, rio fronts and Infinity 6x9 rears, lif Design Sub
- Billet Specialties Steering Wheel, ear View Mirror….
- 383 Forged Full Roller 500hp Beast
o AFR 195 Heads, omp Cam XR288HR, delbrock Air-Gap, olley 750DP
- Bullet Proof COAN Racing 700r4 transmission with overdrive and manual locking converter
- Custom length Balanced drive shaft
- Billet March “Style Track” Serpentine Setup with Polished Sadden A/C PS unit and High-Flow Polished water pump (uses reverse Corvette Style pump)
- Hydro-Boost Brake System with Aeroquip connectors (with the high lift cam it did not have enough vacuum to support the power brakes my wife wanted). The brakes will put your nose into the steering wheel. Disk front/Drum back
- New Rotors and front hubs
- 10 Bolt Built Rear with Yukon Gears and Axel Auburn Posi Locker
- Heidt’s Power Steering Pressure Valve (adjustable high-pressure bleed valve) to allow you a custom feel and feedback with the old school Power Steering system
- QA1 Coil Overs in the Front (adjustable) ride height
- High-Flow radiator
- Dual Radiator Fans w/ Derale Controller Temp sensors and also manual override
- Traction Bars and Frame connectors
- Stainless Steel Brake and Fuel LinesFolders full of all documents, eceipts and pictures along the way. Professional Appraised Value - $55,000 Payment – Non-refundable deposit of $1000 within 48 hours. Full payment within 5 days.
Final note… I can be reached at 256-714-6819. No time for tire kickers. I DO NOT need/want help to sell it. Please, nly serious inquires. You are encouraged to come see the car before bidding. I will be glad to take you for a drive or show the car anytime as long as it’s daylight and no chance of rain. She is temperamental when cranking for the first time when real cold. This is because I have not put a choke on the carb. Thought about it, ut, ust didn’t. I will consider trades + cash. There are a couple of things I need and will take as part trade, hey are Nice 24-28ft enclosed trailer, A Saturn car to be used as a pull-behind, nd an old farm truck..all must be in really nice condition, don’t need junk or another project.On Jan-16-16 at 18:39:47 PST, eller added the following information:
Notes Added 1-16-2016:
Took the car out today for the first time in several months. She ran just fine. Sat in the garage listening to the stereo and wishing I had it in my Daily Drivers. Had a few messages, 'll be glad to answer any questions you may have. I do not want to sell this car to someone who has any second thoughts. Pictures do not do it justice. The actual mileage on the Odometer is 105. The scratch on the lower tail panel is 1.5" long, ot 4" as described earlier. I have a little extra paint from the original mixture. Also have the formulas, f that is ever needed in the future. I can't load more pics so text me your e-mail or send me your e-mail address and I'll forward pics of anything you want to see. The ignition is MSD 6AL with a MSD Billet Distributor with magnetic advance using a quick curve (I think blue springs). The car was a labor of love and I'd hope the next owner will adore it as much. The car is not perfect, ut pretty darn close. Actually, 've never seen a perfect car. Everyone has their preferences to loudness, eatures, tripes...etc.