1973 Cadillac Caribou - El Camino style pickup
- Condition: Used
- Make: Cadillac
- Model: Other
- Type: pickup
- Trim: New Leather
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 99,999
- Color: Dark Red
- Engine size: 500 cubic inch
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Transmission: Automatic - TH 400
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Dark Red
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Cadillac Other
Restored 1973 Cadillac Caribou El Camino style pickup converted from a Coupe deVille when new by Caribou Motors in California. Frame-on restoration. This is not an "old flower car", ut a conversion to an El Camino style pickup for those wanting and able to afford the finest. Caribou Motors did these conversions from about 1955 to 1985.
First Place winner - Cadillac & LaSalle Club Grand National meet in Quincy, ass., ugust 2013 --- Class P-25 (class includes all 1971 - 1976 Cadillacs except Eldorado and Seville)
Outstanding Vehicle award - AACA show (Vero Beach, L) 3/2013.
Best in Class award - AACA show (Vero Beach, L) 3/2014.
Award winner - Sawyer Motors 11th Annual Car Show, augerties, Y.
Featured in the Cadillac & LaSalle Club 2014 calendar for the month of July.
This car was built as a very nice driver but, s often happens, t also became a car that shows very well. It now has approx. 12,000 miles since completion. Just about every mechanical and cosmetic part of the car has been replaced, r rebuilt approx. 12,000 miles ago, o include ---
- Overhauled 500 cubic inch engine to basically stock specs by MTS (Maximum Torque Specialties). Original engine was a 472.
- Overhauled TH 400 transmission.
- New front end components, pper ball joints were good so not replaced, ut new uppers come with the car.
- New brake components --- brake system converted to DOT 5 silicone brake fluid as I do with all my cars.
- Overhauled Quadrajet carburetor.
- Pertronix Ignition
- New Power Steering pump
- New "Flow Kooler" water pump
- New belts and hoses
- Aluminized dual exhaust with quiet turbo mufflers, o resonators, tainless exhaust tips
- Rechromed rear bumper
- AM/FM stereo with weather band
- New Windshield
- Aftermarket cruise control
- New heater core
- Cold AC, arm heat. Automatic Temperature Control works properly
- Bright LED 3rd brake light
- New front and rear springs and shocks --- rear air shocks
- Custom built Class III hitch with electric brake controller (will remove if desired, ame price)
- Added transmission cooler
- Extra cooling fans in front of AC condenser (never needed)
- New leather interior, edone door panels and new carpets with crack free dash top
- New beige vinyl top and tonneau cover
- Working clock with newquartz movement
Weather bad where you are? I will agree to keep the car for youin mysecure garageup toApril 2016 after all of the financial arrangements are complete. Cadillac & LaSalle Club medallion seen in the grille does not go with the car. Car is ready to be driven anywhere.
Successful bidder outside of the USA must have a representative in the USA to handle the monetary and shipping arrangements. Shipping and any import duties, tc., re the sole responsibility of the buyer.On Jan-02-16 at 18:49:58 PST, eller added the following information:
Please make arrangements to inspect the car before the auction ends. The winning bidder owns the car!