1973 Cadillac Caribou - El Camino style pickup
- Condition: Used
- Make: Cadillac
- Model: Other
- Type: pickup
- Trim: New Leather
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 99,999
- Color: Dark Red
- Engine size: 500 cubic inch
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Transmission: Automatic - TH 400
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Dark Red
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Cadillac Other
Restored 1973 Cadillac Caribou El Camino style pickup converted from a Coupe deVille when new by Caribou Motors in California. Frame-on restoration. This is not an "old flower car", ut a conversion to an El Camino style pickup for those wanting and able to afford the finest. Caribou Motors did these conversions from about 1955 to 1985.
First Place winner - Cadillac & LaSalle Club Grand National meet in Quincy, ass., ugust 2013 --- Class P-25 (class includes all 1971 - 1976 Cadillacs except Eldorado and Seville)
Outstanding Vehicle award - AACA show (Vero Beach, L) 3/2013.
Best in Class award - AACA show (Vero Beach, L) 3/2014.
Award winner - Sawyer Motors 11th Annual Car Show, augerties, Y.
Featured in the Cadillac & LaSalle Club 2014 calendar for the month of July.
This car was built as a very nice driver but, s often happens, t also became a car that shows very well. It now has approx. 12,000 miles since completion. Just about every mechanical and cosmetic part of the car has been replaced, r rebuilt approx. 12,000 miles ago, o include ---
- Overhauled 500 cubic inch engine to basically stock specs by MTS (Maximum Torque Specialties). Original engine was a 472.
- Overhauled TH 400 transmission.
- New front end components, pper ball joints were good so not replaced, ut new uppers come with the car.
- New brake components --- brake system converted to DOT 5 silicone brake fluid as I do with all my cars.
- Overhauled Quadrajet carburetor.
- Pertronix Ignition
- New Power Steering pump
- New "Flow Kooler" water pump
- New belts and hoses
- Aluminized dual exhaust with quiet turbo mufflers, o resonators, tainless exhaust tips
- Rechromed rear bumper
- AM/FM stereo with weather band
- New Windshield
- Aftermarket cruise control
- New heater core
- Cold AC, arm heat. Automatic Temperature Control works properly
- Bright LED 3rd brake light
- New front and rear springs and shocks --- rear air shocks
- Custom built Class III hitch with electric brake controller (will remove if desired, ame price)
- Added transmission cooler
- Extra cooling fans in front of AC condenser (never needed)
- New leather interior, edone door panels and new carpets with crack free dash top
- New beige vinyl top and tonneau cover
- Working clock with newquartz movement
Weather bad where you are? I will agree to keep the car for youin mysecure garageup toApril 2016 after all of the financial arrangements are complete. Cadillac & LaSalle Club medallion seen in the grille does not go with the car. Car is ready to be driven anywhere.
Successful bidder outside of the USA must have a representative in the USA to handle the monetary and shipping arrangements. Shipping and any import duties, tc., re the sole responsibility of the buyer.
Please make arrangements to inspect the car before the auction ends. The winning bidder owns the car!