1987 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 65K miles, gorgeous triple white
- Make: Cadillac
- Model: DeVille
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Coupe DeVille
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 65,200
- VIN: 1G6CD1185H4359170
- Color: White
- Engine size: 4.1 Liter fuel injected
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats, Twilight Sentinel
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: White
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Cassette Player, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Cadillac DeVille Coupe DeVille
It's not all that unusual forsuper low mileage,late 80s front drive Cadillac DeVilles tocome up for sale, but I'll bet you've never seen one like this. Finished in very rare triple white, with contrasting black trim on the interior, it really is one handsome Caddy. It is a highly optioned car, including Cambria opera-style vinyl top, twilight sentinel, and digital display dash.
The car was owned by an elderly couple who rarely drove it beyond the grocery store and church. They were religious about maintenance, always completed by the local Cadillac dealer. Every winter, they travelled south and left the Cadillac in the heated garage. It has seen only a handful of Michigan winter days, but in both counties where ithas lived they don't use salt.It is clean as a whistle underneath.
It'snot quitemuseum quality,but would make avery presentable show car, or a reliable, head-turning daily driver. The 65 thousand original miles are true, and it shows in the pillow soft ride, nearly perfect leather, laser straight body, and overall cleanliness. It starts on the second roll every time, shows no trouble codes or lights, drives and shifts like new, and is ready foryearsof luxury cruising.
Everything works as if it were 1987, including the self leveling suspension, the auto climate control, the FM-AM/Cassette Symphony Soundradio, power windows and seats...even the power antenna rises and descends in sync with the radio power button.
This Coupe DeVillehas been my daily driver. Over 12 hundred dollars in maintenance and upgrades have just been completed.These includenew brakes on all four wheels. Four new Hankook Optimo touringtires. Air conditioning converted to R-134 and recharged, and more.Iwouldn't hesitate to jump in it todayand drive across the USA. It has been super reliable, averages 17 mpg city/24 highway,and gets attention wherever it goes. This ismy second 1987 DeVille. The first served me faithfullythrough 10 years and124 thousand miles,and is still on the road today. I would not sell this one but my garage is full of other projects, and something has to go.
Like any 31 year old vehicle, it hasafewdetails that need completing to make it perfect. The known issues are:
1) The headliner is in need of replacement. Very typical of all 80s GM products.When you see one that's perfect that meansit has already been replaced.This one ispinned with upholstery tabs at the moment, and is completely useable as is, just not very pretty. Also thereare cracks in the vinyl armrest on the driver's side (see photo).
2) The in-tank electric fuel pump has a soft harmonic whine.It cannot be heard when driving or with the radio on.It has been this way for several years, and the pump provides consistent pressure through the power curve, so I have not replaced it.
3) The A/C compressor works fine and the air blows ice cold, but the compressorseems to labor on particularly hot days. It is the original 31 year old compressor, so it's likely going to need replacing at some point.
4) There are the expected daily driver scuffs,one dime size dimple in the hood and another in the front bumper. The Cadillac crest badge in the trunk lock cover is missing. The vinyl top is showing some age spots, but remains very presentable. The right front wire wheel cover has a smallcompression dent where someone tried to pry it off without removing the locking nut.
That's it. None of the items above prevent the car from being the best daily driver you've ever owned, but a perfectionist would want them done. So click that Buy it Now button, and let's put you in the pilot seat!
Please note this car is for sale locally, and this listing may end without notice.