68 Sedan DeVille 4-door post green/green 2 owner smooth runner
Price: US $3,450.00 Item location: Arvada, Colorado, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Cadillac
- Model: DeVille
- Type: Sedan
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 57,000
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 472
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Green
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Cadillac DeVilleThis is our family's 1968 Cadillac Sedan DeVille. It has lived its entire life in Colorado's Front Range area, as always been garage-kept and pampered, nd has only very seldomly seen any weather other than sunshine. My grandparents' very close friends bought it new and used it only for road trips. When the widow passed, he Cadillac was left to my grandmother. After she passed, t was left to my father. It was used for occasional weekend pleasure drives. Between 1995-2005 I did extensive detailing and entered it in many car shows, inning many awards, ncluding Best In Show in the 1997 Tri-State Auto Show High School show at the Denver Convention Center. I also drag raced it at several High School Drags events at Bandimere Speedway, inning several awards for appearance in those events. When I drag raced it, advanced the timing and burned either AVgas or premium with tetraethyl lead additive. At all other times, he timing has been set back and run on normal premium gas. Since the early 2000's, t has been driven less and less, nd we have reluctantly decided to pass it along to someone who will enjoy it more.
This car cuts a very impressive figure from any angle whether parked or moving. When people see it in their mirror, hey move aside and pay it due respect. Going down the road, t gives you the feeling of royalty, ushioning you on it's large, inely upholstered seats and isolating you from all of the road's imperfections as it moves effortlessly and smoothly, lways with plenty of power in reserve. The noise level is serene, ave for the slight, ssuring exhaust note. It is truly a pleasure to drive.
The car always starts right up if it has been driven within the last couple weeks or so and always runs smoothly without complaint. If it has sat for a longer period of time, shot of starting fluid or carb cleaner is all that's needed to get it to fire. It goes into gear and shifts smoothly, he brakes are quiet, ork well and do not lock up. The door and window seals are pretty good for their age, here is no wind noise or leaks when washing the car. There are typical minor drips from oil pan, rans pan, nd rear differential. The battery is brand-new today. I discovered a little gas leaking from the return hose out of the fuel filter, o I replaced that short hose and clamps today. I also changed the oil and filter. When you're running 472 cubic inches, he fuel economy is not great, ut there was one memorable family trip to Glenwood Springs, ome 160 miles distant through the Rocky Mountains, hen this car, aden with 6 people and luggage, eturned over 16 MPG.
Options and features:
- AM radio with power retracting antenna and a single speaker fore and aft
- Power windows which all work
- Power locks which pretty much do not work
- Sentinel headlights (original T-3 headlights still installed)
- Air conditioning with original freon, eeds charge
- Power front bench seat
- Tilting/telescoping steering column
- Shoulder belts
- The center section of both front and rear seats is in leather and has fold-down armrest
- Dual horn (should someone fail to get out of the way, single horn blast promptly removes them from the path without further incident)
- A custom-fit car cover is included
- In addition to the spare, he trunk contains two wheels with snow tires mounted and tire chains. Some stylish vintage house carpet was cut and fitted to the trunk floor, nd there are miscellaneous minor parts in there
Condition (all as shown in pictures):
- This car is 100% rust-free, side from the surface browning of a few unpainted items on the underside.
- We are unaware of any accidents or other damages, here are no family recollections of such or any related paperwork. However, he paint and body suggest that at some point something might have happened. Looking down, he top of the leading edge of the driver-side front fender shows checkering and the hood trim does not align as it should with the mating fender trim. The driver door shows two distinct drips that look like they were cut down and the surrounding paint got a little too thin in the process.
- Both rear fenders betray minor incidents, he drivers side has a scratch below the midline, nd the passenger side chrome strip is bent a bit.
- The passenger side front fender shows some drips in the paint on the inboard side of the headlights that may indicate an exciting incident with a battery at some point.
- There is a plastic divider ahead of the post between the driver and passenger doors and it got caught by clothing when entering the car and got a crack.
- Just ahead of the rear seat on the driver side, here is a roughly 8x4" burned section of carpet on the vertical portion of the footwell where it rises to meet the seat. This was due to a backfire in the muffler that blew open the front seam at the top. The hot exhaust then blew up onto the floor and the section of carpet it was blowing on burned. The muffler was replaced, ut as you can see backfires have happened in the new muffler and caused it to get a little puffed-up, ut no ruptures. The burned area is inconspicuous.
- The valve covers, ntake manifold, nd air cleaner wereinexplicablypainted a dark blue, ith very little attention paid to masking or overspray. The air cleaner lid has been modified with a little door, arge enough for a starting fluid/carb cleaner nozzle to assist in a startup after a long period of sitting.
- There is a strange little bubble in the vinyl below the radio, ear the center of the dash, elieved to be original.
- There are door dings, aint stains, hips, nd other minor wear shown in the pictures as is to be expected with a 47-year-old automobile.
- The car starts, uns, nd drives quite nicely right now, ut be aware the tires, elts, nd hoses are all very old.
More photos are available on request, nd you are welcome to check out the car in-person by appointment. Send a "Contact Seller" message to me or call 244-0114, n the 804 area code for any inquiries. Payment is due in full and all checks must clear before title transfer can take place. We can assist at this end but you are responsible for all pick-up, ransportation, nd delivery arrangements, osts and liabilities. Please do not bid unless you are serious and have the means to follow-through on your commitment. Please DO bid if you are the person who appreciates this special vehicle andwill give it the care it deserves! Thank you for checking it out and good luck!