1979 Cadillac Coupe Deville Survivor Barn Find Hurray for search words
- Condition: Used
- Make: Cadillac
- Model: DeVille
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Coupe Deville
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 80,358
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 425 7.0L V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Cadillac DeVille Coupe Deville
You were looking at my loved and cherished 1979 Cadillac Coupe Deville. I bought this car in 2015 with the intentions of keeping it forever, but life happens, and I need to part with this and my 1991 Cadillac Brougham or 1995 Fleetwood and bring my car collection down to a “reasonable” 5.
I bought this car from the neighbor of the original owner song who bought the car new in 1979 and kept it in the garage and drove it very sparingly throughout its life. This is very apparent to anyone who is familiar with these vehicles and knows their usual flaws. He passed away & his neighbor bought it @ the estate sale & sold it to me.
- Chrome body molding : Retains the almost perfect thin chrome trim strips that seen to be unobtainable when restoring a car.
- Black rubber exterior trim…Is unmarked & absolutely perfect.
- Door Jambs/Rubber/Weatherstripping : All appear as close to new as you can imagine.
- The rear fillers & front bumper fillers were replaced & painted correctly many years ago, but they are not brittle what so ever.
- 4 headlights are actually straight & correctly aligned. True 77-79 Deville fans understand how rare this is.
- Undercarriage Is spotless, but I was gonna undercoat it as a precaution.
- The wiper blades retain the correct aluminum arms & rubber refills.
- Rust on the bottom of doors ? There is none.
- Power antenna functions ? Perfectly
- Cruise control? Functions like new.
- R134 air-conditioning ? Ice cold and actually makes you want to lower the fan after a few minutes.
- Heat ? Works like new.
- Weatherstripping? Soft and supple.
- The dashboard has the “usual” 2 cracks by the defroster outlets.
- Headliner is intact but is sagging.
- All 4 original floor mats
- Spotless Leather Seats
- AC Vents Sit Straight
- No Cracks In Steering Wheel
- Ignition lock is tight…the buzzer still buzzes to remind you that the key is in there.
- Trip odometer works as intended.
- Original Cadillac keys & dealership keychain.
- All lighters & ashtrays never used.
Under Hood :
- Under hood rubber and hoses soft and perfect.
- Rubber Air Hose…uncracked & soft.
- Factory Stickers
- Blue Bolts on structure points.
- Spotless…perfect weatherstripping & retains the correct Cadillac trunk mat.
Since I’ve owned it, I’ve :
- Installed a New AC Delco Master Cylinder
- Installed non date correct Appliance wire wheels on 225/75/R15 Hankook whitewall tires w/chrome lugs & locks.
- New AC Compressor, New AC Delco Belt & 3Lbs Of R134.
- New Shocks
- Changed Motor & Trans Oil less than 200 miles ago.
- New under hood heat shield…Factory correct.
- Windshield Was Replaced in 2011 due to a minor crack
- Twilight Sentinel
- Factory Alarm…as many Late 70’s/Early 80’s Cadillac’s that I’ve owned…I never see this.
- CB Radio…8 Track Player
- Window sticker
- Dual Power Seat
- Power Trunk & Pulldown
- Rear Defogger
- Automatic Climate Control
- Twilight Sentinel
- Intermittent Wipers
- Tilt/Telescope steering wheel.
I realize with this vehicle is I know from looking for them for many years they do not appear in this condition on a daily basis. From behind the wheel you would never realize this is a 38-year-old vehicle. It rides down the road as smooth as it did when it was six months old.
It is stops like it should...smooth and evenly. It turns like a brand new car with even wherever on all four tires. When you’re on the highway it downshifts and up shifts with no hint the transmission is even changing gears.
In the time that I’ve owned it stays in the garage.
You are welcome to come and inspect if you were seriously interested and will likely end up buying it if you have been looking for a cleaning on molested one. I have plenty of additional pictures and video if you do not see what you’re looking for.
If your intentions are anything other than preserving it the way it is please do not tell me. This is a 38-year-old original vehicle and there are millions of them out there with Built up motors and otherwise Butchered. I prefer to leave this one the way it is...
Pure 1979 !