SCARCE FIND COMPLETE & RUST FREE ORIGINAL AMBULANCE HEASE MILITARY VERSION L@@K
- Condition: Used
- Make: Cadillac
- Model: Other
- Type: Hearse
- Trim: FLEETWOOD AMBULANCE HEASE
- Year: 1952
- Mileage: 12,336
- Color: Cygnus White
- Engine size: Big 331ci V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 2 Wheel Drive
- Interior color: Burgundy
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1952 Cadillac OtherA 1952 Cadillac Fleetwood Hearse/Ambulance Corps.
1952 was the 50th anniversary for Cadillac (1902 -1952).
A true time capsule, n extremely scarce find 100% complete, true "rust free" barn find!This Cadillac is a unique find because there are NO emergency lights on this machine. And there are no indications of it being a Hearse. remarkably she looks to be originally OD Green color, hows in the engine compartment and under the dash. Still, he white paint 50 years old and looks factory painted. This Cadillac is COMPLETE, ith all the impossible-to-find trim, enses, ngine components. Stored indoors for 50+ years. She of course is in need of restoration, ut is actually rust & rot Free, nly surface rust on under carriage! yes, o bondo, ot repaints, loors are good, ottoms of doors are great! This is a remarkable find. Super low miles (12336 showing), he big 331 c.i. V8 engine turns over and all driveline and suspension are intact and looks COMPLETE. Yes, he driver's and passenger windows are cracked (but easy to replace). The windshield has a hole in it. Also, common windshield replacement. Rear window is perfect. You are welcome to come visit and inspect this time capsule. For many of us, s Auto Enthusiasts, he 1950's also marked the High Point of the Automobile as the American Icon of Cultural History. Who could ever forget the Flashy Fins, tyling and Flamboyance as America celebrated the End of War with cars that not only 'looked like' P-38 Aircraft but, ere designed/rendered after actual Airplanes. Every manufacturer offered a 'new 'body-style each year. It was the Beginning of Good Times....a Generation of over excess!It was a time of over-use of chrome, ig Dagmar Bumpers (aka: "Bumper Bombs"), Huge Fins!
1952, as the 50th Year 'Golden Anniversary' (1902-1952) for Cadillac. A Cadillac brochure, in 1952, outed this ambulance is a special oversize ambulance (Superline Kessington) designed and built for 1st Aid Service, ot a compromised Hearse design". That same brochure featured two grown men sitting, nd actually hanging, n one door, oasting of it's rigidity, nd another photo with 3 men standing on the roof. All coaches were built on the 157" wheelbase Commercial Cadillac Chassis which had a length of 247" (about 22' with the Dagmar's), 0 1/2" high and 81" wide. S&S bragged on "Slipstream Styling" that created a distinctive silhouette. Cadillac for 1952 was a special year as they celebrated their 50th Anniversary (1902-1952). They had survived several World Wars, he Stock Market Crash, he Great Depression and multiple Exterior & Mechanical 'upgrades'. They were indeed considered by everyone The Standard of The World in Automobiles. By 1952, Cadillac had produced 13 million cars. General Motors celebrated this feat by making this model the Most Powerful American Made Automobile for 1952. It carried a 331 c.i. V8 / 190 hp (an increase of 30hp) in most Cadillac Models (it is written that the Commercial Chassis featured an additional increase in horsepower but, e are still verifying that). Being the 'Golden Anniversary Edition', erhaps now, ou can see why the "Cadillac” nomenclature was not only a household name in America but, he Most Sought After Car in the World. Today, his Cadillac Coach draws as much attention as a Rolls Royce, r Ferrari, nywhere it is parked. Each person, egardless of age remarks how "they remember when..." or, quot;.....that's when they made REAL CARS". One tap on the fender proves the claim.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ
- Many of the items we list are used and display wear and tear we do our best to accurately portray each item withdetailed photos and descriptions. Sold as it is with out liens or warranties. All sales final.
- Please ask any questions or concerns you have before bidding. Feel free to schedule a visit to inspect anytime prior to the auctions end.
- She is for sale locally and can be purchased outright. Feel free to give me a Jingle anytime.
- Non-refundable deposit of 1000 is due with in 24 hours or you will loose your item. Full payment for auctions is required no later than 4 days from auction end.
- I accept wire, hecks (allow time to clear) and good old green backs.
- This Cadillac Fleetwood Hearse/Ambulance is available locally and the auction can be ended at any time.
- With advance notice this Vehcile may be picked up in Flagstaff, rizona. Shipping is the buyer's responsibility. However, e can arrange wholesale shipping to any location in the United States, anada or worldwide. Send us your address and we will get you a price for transport.
- Before bidding please do your own research regarding shipping and handling charges to your country. We can give and approximate weight and dimensions to assist you in your estimates.
Some new developing information...
Several experts called me and gave me the inside story. This is a very scarce US Military: Air Force, rmyor Marine Ambulance. Notice no lights? Just like the old Jeeps in the field, ow to no lighting to give them away. This model would have had no seats in the rear, ust to folding rear benches, ost likely made of wood. Took a photo of the build plate on the dash. Will try and upload. This version was customized by a custom coach builder called METEOR. Famous for unusual Ambulances and Hearses. This model is so rare, here are not surviving photos of it anywhere.
One important correction. This Army Cadillac Meteor Ambulance was manufactured in June of 1951. My innocent error, t is a1951. It is a unique model to that year alone.
Thanks again for all your help. Good luck bidding. Greg