Like new, rare, only 18K miles, always garaged, showroom condition
- Make: Cadillac
- Model: Allante
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Base Convertible 2-Door
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 18,756
- VIN: 1G6VR3177HU102279
- Color: Gold
- Engine size: 4.1L 250Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag
- Options: Cassette Player, CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Cadillac Allante
TheCadillac Allantéis a two-door, two-seaterroadstermarketed byCadillacfrom 1986 until 1993, with roughly 21,000 units built over a seven-year production run.
Originally designed to compete with theMercedes-Benz SLandJaguar XJS, the Allanté featured a slightly modified variant of the 4.1literV8used across Cadillac's model line.
The Allanté is noted for an unusual production arrangement, where completed bodies — designed and manufactured in Italy byPininfarinawere shipped 4,600mi (7,400km) fromItalyin specially equippedBoeing 747s, 56 at a time,to Cadillac'sDetroit/Hamtramck Assemblyplant where they were mated with domestically manufactured chassis and engine assemblies.This was not the first time that Cadillac turned to Pininfarina for body work, they previously farmed out body production to the Turin-based coachbuilder for the1959 Eldorado Brougham, as well as that forseveral one-offs, customs, and concept cars.The nameAllantéwas selected byGeneral Motorsfrom a list of 1700 computer generated names.