1940 Cadillac Coupe 2-Door (62 series)
- Condition: Used
- Make: Cadillac
- Model: coupe
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 62 series
- Year: 1940
- Mileage: 67,351
- VIN: 8324053
- Color: Gray
- Engine size: v8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1940 Cadillac coupe
(Rare) 1940 Cadillac series 6227C coupe (Only 1320 produced)
It looks like it’s time to sell my coupe to make room for some other projects. This car is a great start to finish all original or modernize and paint whatever color you want. This car would make a great Hot Rod by installing a modern induction system, modern auto trans, disc brakes and convert to 12 volts negative ground.
Description of car:
(Rare) 1940 Cadillac series 6227C coupe originally from California has current Arizona title. This car is very solid and runs /drives & stops. This car is 99% complete only missing passenger side outer rocker trim molding, hood springs, original wheels/hub caps, and original front seat. Interior is complete, but out of car (use for patterns). The front seat is out of a 1941 Cadillac convertible, rear seat original 1940 Cadillac (interior needs restoration). The body is straight with only exception to approximately 22 small dents/dings throughout the body (see pics). The body was “Dustless Blasted” (approximately $1K) to the base metal and DP90 epoxy coated. The passenger’s side inner/outer rocker and few small holes in floor were replaced/patched and all body work on the fenders, hood, and head light buckets were performed by a local body shop. Original color of car was “Long Key Green”. Comes with original radio (out of car), currently has OEM radio block-off plate.
New/restored items that come with car:
- All new “tinted” glass and rubber/weather stripping except for rear window (needs new rubber)
- New rubber rear rock shields, door rubber, trunk rubber, and firewall grommets, plugs ect…
- All new stainless steel brake lines, fuel line and exhaust
- Engine rebuilt by local machine shop, transmission inspected and serviced.
- Surfaced flywheel, rebuilt pressure plate & clutch, re-packed throw-out bearing.
- Rebuilt fuel pump water pump, carburetor, radiator and cleaned/sealed fuel tank.
- All new brakes (shoes, springs, wheel cyl, ect…)
- New cloth covered wiring (dash gauge panel doesn’t seem to be working-needs TLC)
- New Optima 6 volt battery
- New Rocket Igniter wheels and Firestone whitewall tires
NOTE: I might be forgetting some stuff, but most of the major items are listed above
Car is sold as is with no warranties implied. Prefer PayPal non-refundable down payment of $500 at close of auction and the balance paid in cash on pick-up of vehicle within 14 days at close of auction . If full payment is made with PayPal the buyer agrees to pay an additional 3% of the winning bid to cover the PayPal premium fee.
Contact me if you have questions or need to see additional pics. (951)847-0576
****NOTE: This car is virtually "RUST FREE" (see description above).