NO RESERVE 76 ELDO CONVERT 500 v8 DFI Rebuildt frt end needs convert top repair
Price: US $4,750.00 Item location: Niles, Illinois, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Cadillac
- Model: Eldorado
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Base Convertible 2-Door
- Year: 1976
- Mileage: 106,536
- VIN: 6L67S6Q215432
- Color: White
- Engine size: 8.2L 500Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1976 Cadillac Eldorado
- No rust, (originally a California car, then to Az, then Oregon, now in Il.) Have all service records going back to 1988. In glove box are the 1976 owners manual and maintenance schedule. Previous owner had the 4 corner bumper fillers replaced and car painted. Paint in really good shape but has a few chips. Butthehood rear corners arecreased, looks like hood was sprung and needs bodywork in that area. Installed new hood latch cable and hood closes and latches. Hankook white wall tires replaced in2013likenew.New battery in April 2015. Rebuilt the front suspension, new ball joints, control arm bushings,and shocks. Outercvboots replaced and wheel bearings greased with new outer seals. Replaced sway bar bushings with end links.Front brakes rebuilt, turned rotors with new calipers and pads, rubber flex hoses. Rear brakes too, turned rotors, new pads and greased hubs with new grease seals, flushed brake system. Car has rear air shocks with remote fill valve under rear bumper. Replaced heater control valve with hoses and radiator hoses with new thermostat, flushed cooling system. Fixed power steering pump leak at reservoir bolts and flushed system. Valve cover gaskets replaced and painted. Pcv, and air cleaner changed. Replaced rubber fuel lines front and rea, fuel filter and air filter. Motor is strong with no blue smoke but needs a few cranks to start when cold. Maybe an adjustment with the fuel injection sensors? As you can see, the cariscared for but needs repair to convertible top window or replacement of top. I keep thiseldo in the garage as therear top window is not water tight and separated from topand a don't want to get rain water inside to damage the new carpet. Car is original so leather interior is showing its age with cracks and some tears. Front door panels are good with the upper panels recovered. Passenger door panel has a small tear from a squirrel chewing on it! Havesun visorsin trunk, needs the plastic bushings to hold up tight. Dash panel has cracks. Car is missing radio as previous owner removed before sale but left speakers in doors. Heater works but a/c not cold. Cruise control not working. I repaired the rust in the rear seat floorsby using rivets, and 3mBody adhesive on thesteel panels and rust proofed theentire floor with Por 15 rust preventive paint. Thennew carpet padding and carpet. Front adjustable seat tracks and motors cleaned up and greased, both seats work in all directions.4 window tracks and gears cleaned andgreased, all work. Convertible power top motor and gears good, allwork but now disconnected at drive cables as top frame needsadjustment to allow top toraise and lower smoothly. Trunk floor had surface rust, now cleaned, painted, and sides undercoatedwith no rust through. Frame of car good, not rusted. Exhaust in good shape. Rear bumper reflectors cracked but still being reproduced. I have explained what was repaired and also the faults of this cruiser so the next owner knows what to expect to enjoy more summer days in this eldo! Car listed locally in Chicago, so i reserve the right to end the auction early. Also inspections of the car are welcome. Car drivesniceand shifts smoothly with a tight front end, good brakes and plenty of fuel injected 500 ci power!
On Aug-14-16 at 16:03:31 PDT, seller added the following information:
NO RESERV, HIGHEST BIDDER TAKES IT...