1973 Cadillac Caribou pickup
- Condition: Used
- Make: Cadillac
- Model: Caribou
- SubModel: DeVille
- Type: Pickup
- Trim: Leather
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 12,000
- Color: Dark Red
- Engine size: 500 cu. inch
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: TH400
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Dark Red
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Cadillac Caribou DeVilleRare, restored 1973 Cadillac Caribou El Camino style pickup, converted from a Coupe deVille when new by Caribou Motors in California. On-frame restoration. This is not an "old flower car", but a conversion to an El Camino style pickup for those wanting, and able to afford, the finest. This conversion approximately doubled the price of a new Coupe deVille. Caribou Motors did these conversions from about 1955 to 1985. Evel Knievel owned a Caribou (now in a museum in Branson, MO) to transport his Harley(s). Oil well firefighter Red Adair also owned some Caribous.
First in Class - Cadillac & LaSalle Club Grand National meet in Quincy, Mass., August 2013 --- Class P-25 (class includes all 1971 - 1976 Cadillacs except Eldorado and Seville)
Outstanding Vehicle award - AACA show (Vero Beach, FL) 3/2013.
Best in Class award - AACA show (Vero Beach, FL) 3/2014.
Award winner - Sawyer Motors 11th Annual Car Show, Saugerties, NY.
Featured in the Cadillac & LaSalle Club 2014 calendar for the month of July.
This car was built as a very nice and totally reliable driver and it draws a crowd at car showsl. It now has approx. 12,000 miles since completion, original miles unknown. Just about every mechanical and cosmetic part of the car has been replaced, rebuilt or refinished, etc., to include -
- Overhauled 500 cubic inch engine to basically stock specs by MTS (Maximum Torque Specialties), burns regular gas. Original engine was a 472.
- Overhauled TH 400 transmission.
- New front end components, upper ball joints were good so not replaced, but new uppers come with the car.
- New brake components --- brake system converted to DOT 5 silicone brake fluid as I do with all my cars.
- Overhauled Quadrajet carburetor.
- Pertronix Ignition
- New Power Steering pump
- New "Flow Kooler" water pump
- New belts and hoses
- Aluminized dual exhaust with quiet turbo mufflers, no resonators, stainless exhaust tips
- Rechromed rear bumper
- AM/FM stereo with weather band
- New Windshield
- Aftermarket cruise control
- New heater core
- Cold AC, warm heat. Automatic Temperature Control works properly
- Bright LED 3rd brake light
- New front and rear springs and shocks --- rear air shocks
- Custom built Class III hitch with electric brake controller (will remove if desired, same price)
- Added transmission cooler
- Extra cooling fans in front of AC condenser (never needed)
- Basecoat/clearcoat paint --- custom color
- New leather interior, redone door panels and new carpets with crack free dash top
- New beige vinyl top and tonneau cover. The tonneau cover can be removed completely if desired. The cover and the bows will fit easily behind the front seat.
- Working clock with newquartz movement
Car is ready to be driven anywhere.On Jun-25-16 at 10:16:27 PDT, seller added the following information:
A question from an interested party reminded me that there is one almost imperceptible scratch on the left rear quarter near the rear taillight. I did this being careless as I walked by the car with a bunch of dead branches, it has been buffed out to near extinction but can be seen. I will am adding a picture of it to my listing.