1964 Cadillac Coupe de Ville Convertible.
- Condition: Used
- Make: Cadillac
- Model: Other
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Convertible
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 75,943
- VIN: 64F052053
- Color: Gold
- Engine size: 429 cu in Cadillac
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: White
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Cadillac Other
This is a rust free, lack Plate survivor collector's car and currently a California Driver with zero problems when it comes to driving reliability.
This is a California convertible with no rust with a rebuilt suspension and brakes. The drivetrain was previously rebuilt and works with no problems. It doesn’t get driven much and is a perfect restoration vehicle. It went out to Texas for a while and then came back home. Please note the mileage may not be what I belief the car to have from new but when you look at the undercarriage and realize that the car sat for a while. It may just be under 100K. A good mechaniccould give you a reasonable guess.
I have owned the '63 and the '64 and this is the engine and design year that captures classic American cars.
Here are some specs fromhttp://www.automobile-catalog.com/make/cadillac/de_ville_1959-1964/de_ville_1959-1964_convertible/1964.html
- Cadillac de Ville Convertible, anufactured or sold in1964, ersion for Europe export (up to September)
- 2-door convertible body type
- RWD (rear-wheel drive), utomatic 3-speed gearbox
- petrol (gasoline) engine with displacement: 7025 cm3 / 428.7 cui, dvertised power: 230 kW / 308 hp / 313 PS ( SAE gross ), orque net: 606 Nm / 447 lb-ft
- characteristic dimensions: outside length: 5677 mm / 223.5 in, heelbase: 3289 mm / 129.5 in
- reference weights: shipping weight 2062 kg / 4545 lbs base curb weight: 2150 kg / 4740 lbs
- how fast is this car ?top speed: 191 km/h (119 mph) (theoretical);
- accelerations: 0- 60 mph 9.3 s; 0- 100 km/h 9.8 s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com); 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 16.9 s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com)
- fuel consumption and mileage: average estimated by a-c: 22.3 l/100km / 12.7 mpg (imp.) / 10.5 mpg (U.S.) / 4.5 km/l
The bad news:
The previous owner did a crappy paint job, arpet and passable interior touchup. But the sides, eats and dash are original. All the parts are there for an easy re-chrome or a good polish. You will get plenty ofpeople offering you to buy the carcash on the spot.
- When it was moved it was dinged on the side and rear. I am not going to cover them up but will leave the two patches that the previous owner did.
- The driver side window magically decided to stay down last week. Itsprobably a fusesince I had them cleaned and looked at recently.
- The wipers and washer motor were repaired, orking fine fixed andjust stopped.
- Needs the rear "V"onthetrunk replaced and the bodywork patch done right.
- I enjoy driving it and know a good local specialist if you wanted to getthe aboverepaired.
- The windshield has a wiper scratch and could be replaced
This car can drive acrossthe country (and back) now. It took me a long time to find this car and it has delivered a lot of rewarding drives.
Now the good news:
The top end on the engine is redone. There are no problems with oil burning or horsepower. Thetransmission iswonderful and no reliability problems. I only use premium fuel.
- The exhaust system is stock and recently replaced. Very quiet.
- The AC has been repaired and functions with the auto dial.
- The springs and shocks are new and factory standard The car rides like new.
- The front end has been completely redone. It drives straight and tight.
- The brakes and master cylinder were redone. It stops on a dime.
- The white top is new as are the rear window, otor and hydraulics are new
- The seat motors and windows are slow
- The tires are good but not new,
- The battery is powerful and recent with new cables
- It has a spare tire and the bolt down plate
- I bought a new clock and never put it in. Its included along with some other minor spare parts (belts etc) I bought
The photos will show you the condition of the car. It is located in theSan Diego downtown area. The car is always garaged.
I drive this on the freeway to work (about 100 miles total) on good days and I love this car. It keeps pulling up to 100mph and loves to drive all day at around 70. You can buy this and drive it and sell it for you paid for it or you can have the paint, nterior and chrome redone and have a classic California car worth over $30K. I am selling it because I am gone alot and this car needs to be in a home that appreciates the pinnacle of American big iron.
Warranty: As is, here is. This collector's car is over half a century old