1969 Buick GS California 1970 455 Stage1 engine multiple car show winner
Price: US $39,000.00 Item location: Wichita, Kansas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Buick
- Model: Other
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: Deluxe
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 600
- VIN: 433279Z119022
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 1970 GS 455
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Buick Other1969 Buick GS California with 1970 Stage 1 455 drive train. Multiple show winning restoration and now LISTED WITH NEW LOWEST PRICE
This is a 1969 Buick GS California muscle car built at the Freemont, A plant. Myself and a friend built this car by hand one part at at time and it its a total restoration that took 4 and a half years to complete due to the rarity of some of the parts and having to rebuild a lot of it by hand. I kept it true to its design with all the original componites, mblems, am air system, inyl top, ally wheels, nd power steering. The restoration was completed January 2015. I made the following modifications due to it not being a numbers matching car.
1. original color was Trumpet Gold and now is Tuxedo Black metallic.
2. original engine was removed and replaced with a 1970 Stage 1 455 with a TA Performance TA_288-98H camshaft, rank turned .010, istons are .030 over. heads are original to the 1970 455 engine and done up to stage 1 specs port matched and polished with TA Performance stage 1 TA-1430Astainless valves, 50cfm polished edlebrock carb, SD Distributor, SD 6AL-2 ignition control box, SD coil, A Performance Stage 1 headers 3-1/2inch collectors that are Jet Hot coated with Dynomax mufflers and 3inch exhaust and chome tips, nd dynoed at 380 HP with 575ft lbs of torque at the rear wheels. It is a good cruiser but also can be extremely fast when wanting that thrill.
3. original transmission was removed and replaced with a 1970 TH400 with waffle clutch plates and stage 3 shift kit and custom built 2600rpm stall converter.
(the engine and transmission are matching and out of the same 1970 455-4 barrel 360hp electra).
4. original rear end was a limited slip 3.08 and now is a posi track with 3.42 gears out of a 1970 GS455
5. original interior was black and now is black with red diamond tuck simulated ostrich skin to look like bucket seats with custom armrest and center cup holder storage container and also added a very expensive 1966 buick tachometer and large triple gauges and a fresh vinyl top.
6. Hotchkis suspension parts with QA-1 shocks with 9 adjustments for ride and weight transfer.
I spared no expense building this car to be a show winner which it has won 4 awards in the only 3 shows it has done. I had an highly respected award winning painter do the paint on the car and oversee the restoration process. I have over $40,000 in the restoration not counting my time and it has only been driven to break in the engine and to position it for the car shows about 600 miles total. If you want a real muscle car that won't dissappoint and a car you can show with pride at any car show or event then this is the one for you. I am selling because I have no room for them where I live now and i'm tired of paying storage fees for them. I hope whoever buys this car will appreciate it as much as I have and take great care of it knowing how carefully it was assembled and built. This is a very fast car and was called the hemi killer for a reason and is a lot of fun to drive and enjoy.
hot rod, uscle car, ntique car, lassic, ar, how car, ast car, ld car, S, SX, uick muscle