GRAN SPORT with the "DUAL 4BBL carbs" Wildcat 425 .... see Test Drive VIDEO TX
- Condition: Used
- Make: Buick
- Model: Riviera
- SubModel: Gran Sport
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 82,045
- VIN: 494475H930615
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport1 of ONLY 3,354 “Gran Sports” built
Designated as a “Milestone Classic” Hall of fame GM designer Bill Mitchell cited the ’63 to ’65 Riviera as one of his best designs of all time and many agree. It has been officially designated as an American Milestone Classic and referred to by famed Italian designer Sergio Pininfarina as …. “one of the most beautiful American Cars ever”. The 1965 model is considered by many to be far and away the most desirable Riviera ever built and the Gran Sport was the TOP of the line. With only 3,354 built, t’s the one to have. Unrivaled Performer in its day In terms of luxurious design, coupled with” outstanding performance, he 1965 Gran Sport was the undisputed king of the 1960’s …….. it had recorded times of 0-60 mph in seven seconds, most respectable performance for a 51 year-old vehicle weighing over 4,000 pounds. The 425 was good for an easy 360hp and 465 lbs. ft torque at just 2,800 rpm and the Super Turbine 400 transmission was at the time considered the best in the world. this one is LOADED with Equipment * Gran Sport “package” - Super Wildcat motor / dual 4-bbl 425/360hp - Special Wood Steering Wheel - Special transmission
- Special rear end
- Special exhaust
- Special badges* Power Drivers Seat * Power Vent Windows * Power Windows * Power Steering * Power Brakes * Power Antenna * Special 4-NOTE horn * Air Conditioning * Remote Control Mirror * Vinyl Roof * Am/Fm Radio * Cruise Control * Tilt Steering Wheel * Ribbed Rocker Molding * Door Guards * Floor Mats * Chrome Plated Wheels * Special Tires (radial version of an original option) * and Optional Interior with triangular pattern –vs.- square pattern on seats / full length wood veneer on doors –vs.- short patch of veneer / chrome interior molding –vs.- painted interior molding / long arm rest –vs.- short arm rest and fold down Rear Console. Motor rebuilt by the “BEST” This car has two personalities; one is a polite sophisticated gentleman the other is a surprising “torque monster” with a beautiful exhaust note when accelerating. The motor was rebuilt approximately 2,000 miles ago by “Wayne Calvert Precision Engines” of Denton, exas – Calvert is considered by many in the Dallas area and beyond to be one of the BEST in the business. Please take the time to watch the TEST DRIVE video above. The car appears to have most of its original mechanical components including the Gran Sport ONLY, BS coded” transmission. The original numbers matching block was replaced with a correct replacement 425 block from a 64 model. Beautiful Paint & body, tc Everyone comments on how striking this car is. The color is called Midnight Aqua. The paint is simply stunning; it has that high gloss wet look. It is obvious that this was a high dollar quality job when originally done. The paint remains show quality, owever, ike most cars once perfect, t has had a few minor chips touched up but nothing that detracts from the overall wow-factor given off by this car. The body looks to be in excellent condition including what appears to be untouched original floors – near impossible to find in a 51 year old Riviera. Vinyl Top / Bright Work/ Trunk / Tires The vinyl top looks new and the bright work (chrome & stainless) on this car is in good shape as well. The trunk area also looks new having been refinished similar to the factory style. The original presentation in the engine bay is also very clean, nd now after having been driven approximately 2,000 miles it has the appearance of a very low mileage original. I love the high-end look of this wheel/tire combo. The “three striped” tires are new from Diamond Back Classics and they really “dress up” what I think is one of the best factory GM wheels of the 1960’s. Deluxe Interior This car is equipped with optional deluxe interior, hich includes a lot of upgrades over the standard Riviera interior (see details above). It appears to be substantially original condition. It looks like only the front seat covers and carpet were replaced. This is usually a testament to a well taken care of car. There is some patina as you would expect in a 51 year old interior. Most notably is a crack in the dash pad on the passenger side which is really only noticeable under more critical inspection. Undercarriage The undercarriage is “super clean” and the floors appear to be all original with no evidence of any metal work anywhere that I could find. It looks like the high wear parts have been replaced including front and rear COIL springs. As you can see in photos, he exhaust and gas tank are also new. Condition / price Top to bottom this is a very handsome car in excellent overall condition. It is a get in and go show/driver that WOWs all that see it. It has been substantially restored, ut it is not a total nut & bolt restoration to concurs level - NOR is it priced any where near the $70,000 plus value that both Hagerty and NADA list for a number one. While it has benefited from substantial restoration, ome things remain original and there are a few of the “options” that after 51 years are no longer working - none of which prevent everyday usage of the car. The car has a current inspection sticker and current registration and it runs great. The things I noticed are the power antenna goes up and down as it should and the original Am/Fm wonderbar radio comes on, ut no sound other than static. The AC system is complete and intact but it is not blowing cold and the ultra rare cruise control option is not working. The Power Seat operates but seems to have less than full range. These are all common issues on 51 year old vehicles with early technology and are repairable by any competent shop. Also I should mention that like most 51year old cars it drips a little. It is important to note that I have MORE than adjusted the price to compensate for the negatives which are “far outweighed by the positives”, he most notable being that this is a rare and beautiful piece of automotive history in great overall condition. If you want to own it at half its potential value give me a call. My name is Michael and I am easy to talk to. The car is located 30 to 40 minutes from either Dallas Texas airports. I can arrange reasonable shipping to your front door. My eBay “seller feedback” My name is Michael and my eBay Seller feedback is below. I can be reached at 817-992-seven 99 one. I am easy to talk to and will do my best to help you decide if this is the car for you. Please take time to read my eBay “Seller” feedback below, elling NOTHING but quality classic cars. ABOUT US ….. My son and I are “serious car guys” that are passionate about what we do. We are super particular and only buy the cars we could personally consider as keepers. If you are a seasoned car buff, ou know that there is a huge difference between quality and everything else. If you would like to learn more about us, lease feel free to check out our site MyRod.com Location & Shipping The car is located approximately 30 minutes from either Dallas, X airport (DFW International, r Love Field). I can coordinate shipping anywhere in the world. my eBay “Seller” feedback Please take time to review the eBay “seller feedback” on me selling NOTHING but quality Classic Cars like this one. You can see by the price points and the feedback, am selling premium quality cars.
* Great car as described. Paid $43,000 & I’m pleased
* Great car. $38,500. Car as described. Thanks Michael
* 67 Mustang S Code 390, 42,950, eautiful Car, ichael is passionate & trustworthy.
*$54,750 1969 Firebird 400 Conv. Amazing car & transaction, ichael is excellent.
* Bought a $50,000 Mustang. Great car! Excellent communication. Thanks Michael!
* $44,000 and 2nd purchase from Michael. Very Recommended.
* $34,950 for 66 Mustang Conv. Incredible service from Michael. I’ll buy more. Thx
* Paid $42,500 and the car is PRECISELY as Michael represented it to be. Great job!
* 2nd car I purchased from Michael, lways as described. This one for $38,500
* I purchased my car from Michael Chance for $44,950. Love the car. Helpful seller.
* Thanks Michael, ell worth the $45,000
* Michael has the BEST CARS on eBay. Paid $58,500 for my stunning 67 GT 390!
* Had an AWESOME car Buying experience! Bought a $49,500 Camaro & LOVE it!
* Michael went above and beyond to assist me. Very good communication. Excellent ! (….$18,950 classic truck purchased by this buyer)
* Traveled from AUSTRALIA, et seller. Unbelievable setup, uality people, uality vehicles, uality service (….$35,000 classic truck purchased by this buyer)
* Paid $65,000 for my GTO convertible, ery pleased, REAT CAR. Thanks Michael !
* Michael sold me this GEM, or $49,950 . It is everything I ever wanted and more.
* My expectations were totally blown out of the water on this $42,000 Camaro, XCELLENT !
* I was Very pleased with car, reat seller to do biz with, aid $41,000
* $65,000 1956 Corvett, Amazing transaction, asiest ever, ichael did everything
* Purchased $37,450 Car from Michael and he was the best to work with A+++++”
* Purchased $49,950 Classic Car from Michael and love it! Topnotch experience
* “Superb to deal with! Had absolute confidence in buying a $45,000 classic from Michael”
* “Great to deal with. Michael has Great Cars, ill deal again, AAAA+”
* “Purchased a $38,000 classic car from Michael, ery pleased, ighly recommend
* “Michael just delivered my 64 F100, ver $20,000 grand purchase, assle free”
* “One of the best I have ever dealt with on Ebay. I would buy from again” (….. $58,100 Trans Am purchased by this buyer)
* “Michael is top notch, 21,000 Classic Car is awesome!”
* “fast ship As Described” (…. $33,000 Mustang purchased by this buyer)
* “What an amazing Impala SS427! U made this a great transaction!! Honest ebayer!” (…. $69,950 Impala purchased by this buyer)
* “Michael is a honest seller. Thank you for my $59,950 Bel Air”
* Great Seller, hanks (…. $42,500 Firebird 400 cvt purchased by buyer, is 2nd purchase from me, irst was a $50,000 L78 Camaro)
* Car arrived as described. Michael was excellent to work with. (….$25,500 Grand Prix purchased by this buyer)
* 2nd car I’ve bought from Michael. Very helpful & correct descriptions. (…. $24,000 Mustang purchased by this buyer, is 2nd purchase from me, st was $28,000 Mustang)
* Easy to deal with. Quick buy now transaction (….. $24,200 Mustang purchased by this buyer)
* As described, asy to deal with, ood communication, hanks for the FIREBIRD (…. $36,000 Firebird HO cvt purchased by this buyer)
If you require financing please connect with the following lenders:
(My collection has been financed at one time or another with each of these folks!)
JJ BEST Banc & Co. - New Bedford, A
Woodside Credit in California
LightStream - a division of SunTrust Bank and a sponsor of Mecum Auctions!Terms & Conditions of this sell & all legal stuff Although my eBay experiences have been very positive, am aware that much goes on within the eBay community that is not positive and therefore requires direct language. Do NOT make a bid or offer until you read everything below. Any bid or offer is a legal acknowledgement and agreement on your part to be bound by the Terms and Conditions put forth below and additionally specified within eBay itself. Have FUNDS ready PRIOR to bidding or making an offer. Full payment must be received within five (7) business days of the end of auction/sale unless I agree in writing to alternative terms. WIRE TRANSFER IS PREFERRED for US buyers and required for all buyers “outside” the United States. Cashier’s check, irect deposit or cash in person are acceptable but in ALL cases this vehicle and its title will NOT be released until complete payment is received and all funds have irrevocably cleared BOTH Banks. If paying by Bank Cashiers Check, must receive a copy of any Bank Cashiers Check in ADVANCE along with your “internal bank contact information” for confirmation of your Bank Check by my Bank. Bank Cashiers checks MUST BE classified by my bank as having irrevocably cleared both Banks prior to my release of vehicle and title. Loan checks must be agreed to by me PRIOR to you making a bid or offer. Money Orders are NOT accepted. I have an agency relationship with a Licensed Texas Dealer and all cars will be sold through this Dealer. Texas buyers will have to pay Texas sales tax and license/registration fees. Out of state buyers are responsible for taxes in their own states. This is a very nice vehicle. However, here is no such thing as a "PERFECT" vehicle...especially when dealing with vintage vehicles. This is not a new vehicle; it is decades old. Even a restored or partially restored vehicle can and will have flaws and normal wear and tear congruent to its age and/or mileage. This vehicle may have minor dings, cratches (or, ther imperfections) and indications of wear and use because it has been used. This vehicle is sold AS IS - NO WARRANTY This vehicle is being sold as is, here is with no warranty, f any kind expressed or implied. It is the responsibility of the buyer and/or buyers agent to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle (prior to the end of the eBay listing), nd to have satisfied themselves as to the condition and value and to bid or offer based upon that judgment solely. Arranging for an independent third-party inspection is a great way to validate a seller's claims about a vehicle's condition. There are many companies and individuals who offer such a service. These services are listed on the internet and can be found in most collector car magazine publications. Of course your personal inspection and scrutiny are suggested and most welcomed. Any and all inspections must occur PRIOR to the end of this eBay listing. The seller has made a diligent effort to accurately describe any known material defects associated with this vehicle. Additionally, he seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose at the “buyer's request prior to the end of the eBay listing” any additional specific details important to the Buyer. However, ny descriptions or representations from the Seller are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. Everything stated in the description is to the best of the seller’s knowledge. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, uthenticity, enuineness, r defects herein, nd makes no warranty in connection therewith. The Seller does not expressly, r implicitly, uarantee the accuracy of the description including authenticity or genuineness of the vehicle and/or its components and assumes no responsibility for any repairs or defects regardless of any oral or written statements about the vehicle. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, mperfection, efect or damage. Any and all claims or disputes arising from or related to this transaction, ther than a claim for injunctive relief, hall first be submitted to mediation in Denton County, exas in accordance with the then governing rules of the American Arbitration Association. If the parties cannot resolve their dispute through mediation, hey shall have the issue resolved through arbitration with the then governing rules of American Arbitration Association. Judgment upon an arbitration award may be entered in the District Court for the County of Denton, tate of Texas. Parties shall bear their own costs related to any mediation or arbitration proceeding.