1969 Buick Skylark Custom Hardtop 2-Door 53,000 Original Miles Lil' Old Lady
- Condition: Used
- Make: Buick
- Model: Skylark
- Type: Hardtop
- Trim: Custom Hardtop 2-Door
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 53,256
- Color: Gold
- Engine size: 5.7L 5736CC 350Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: U/K
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Buick SkylarkGrab your favorite beverage and sit back for a story!
This is the proverbial Little Ol' Lady from Pasadena story. But instead of a Superstock Dodge it is a 53,000 original mile Skylark and not from Pasadena, ut Sheboygan, I.
Ms. Adelene Raatz purchased the Skylark from Rodewald Buick on August 16, 969 when she was 62 years old. She had it until she passed away at 92, n 1999. A member of her family inherited the Skylark and then sold it to the second owner in 2001. The family member that inherited the Skylark installed dual exhaust, ut the vehicle is basically untouched from 1969, t is a true time capsule.
It has a Buick 350 2 V - "RO" code 250hp. 350 lb-ft (Gross Rating) - Turbo 350 3 Speed Automatic - 2.56:1 axle - Power Steering - Power Drum brakes (adjusted perfectly and stops like discs)
I am a Classic Vehicle appraiser and am a GM "A" Body specialist. This is a very presentable and solid vehicle that shows very well and sounds awesome. I came across the Skylark recently and conducted some minor maintenance and restoration, nd now it is time to sell it to someone that appreciates these body styles fro 1968-1972. The color is Trumpet Gold and the top is painted Burnish Brown. The body is very solid and the paint is in good shiny condition with a few parking lot chips. The interior is original nylon/cloth and vinyl. The ingress and egress area on the driver's seat edge is the only wear point on the bench seat. The rear seat looks as though it has never been sat upon and the headliner is perfect with no cuts. The ashtrays are clean and the vehicle appears to have never had a smoker inside.
This is the line item description:
Engine/Transmission/ Drive train
- 350 2V
- Turbo 350 automatic 3 speed
- 2.56:1 axle
- All fluids have been changed (oil, ransmission, ower steering and antifreeze)
- I have a Cutlass with a 350 4V and 2.56:1 and will average nearly 20 mpg on the highway, his should be in the low 20's
- Original dual white stripe spare tire and jack
- New water pump
- New fuel pump
- New master brake cylinder, ines and wheel cylinders
- Carburetor cleaned
- Brand new white lettered tires which still have the new rubber nubs
- No Rust
- Older shiny paint and any rust issues were patched with small metal panels and then feathered - top showing some aging, ut presentable
- Doors close perfectly and the lower metal lip is very prevalent
- The body side spears are good with no major pitting or dings
- The handles and mirror are clean with no pitting
- The front bumper and front grill are very clean with no rust or chrome peeling - the rear bumper is presentable and not peeling, ut Ms. Raatz must have slightly backed into a pole and dinged the bumper and it is slightly off alignment
- Undercarriage is very clean with no holes in the floors or scaling of the cross-braces, here is a small 1/2"-3/4" hole on front passenger side of frame, here are no structural integrity issues and the rest of the frame is very solid
- Original 14" hubcaps in nearly perfect condition, never saw them so clean
- Total production of Skylark Custom 2 door Hardtops was 35,639. You see GS's and Skylark convertibles, ut clean hardtops are just as rare and priced significantly less
Additional Valuable Items
- Original Protect-o-plate with Ms. Raatz's name
- Original dealer and vehicle brochures
- I will include an appraisal in the new owner's name - valued at $225
- A set of 5 restored driver drive-in show quality chrome Buick Rally14x6 sport rims (the photo of the Skylark with the Sport Rims is a representation and not the actual vehicle or rims)- valued at $325
- New set of 4 Gabriel shocks front gas and rear air (I did not install them and will leave the new owner to decide) - valued at $140
- New Supersoft trunk perimeter rubber seal (the one in there now is fine) - valued at $15
- New FelPro Valve cover gasket (the current ones do not leak) - valued at $10
- Buick Assembly Manual - valued at $25
- New Socket Set - valued at $15
- Miscellaneous interior lenses and shifter selector. - valued at $45
- This alone is an $800 value
I have a copy of the appraisal that I will share with interested buyers. The comparables vehicles, rice guides, nd auction results have the appraised value of the Skylark at $7,500, his does not include the extra items listed above. My reserve is substantially lower. Serious bidders only need to apply, will reserve the right to sell locally and cancel, f reserve is not met. Serious only with buyers that have high positive feedback. I will only accept cash or wire transfer ONLY. The two local national bank branches near me are Chase and BMO Harris for you to conduct business. We can conduct the closure at these locations if a cashier check is created, ut I will need to be present during the transaction. No trades and I will not conduct installment payments.
On Aug-26-15 at 04:22:00 PDT, eller added the following information:
If you are a serious buyer, lease contact me for a complete certified appraisal description. I have been in the business for over 10 years and in the classic vehicle hobby for over 35 years. I have clients covering 3 continents. The vehicle is not perfect, ut a wonderful solid clean example of a fun weekend cruiser.
You can forward your email to me and I will directly send it to you via my business's email address.
P.S. We are close to the Reserve, ithin the same mill-range.
The Skylark has hit its reserve and will be Sold! Thank you to all the viewers and best of luck to the highest bidder! The auction ends on Monday at 8 am CT