1969 Buick Skylark (Special Deluxe Model) RUNNING CAR
- Make: Buick
- Model: Skylark
- Type: two door
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 315,629
- VIN: 433279Z105962
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: V8 350
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Buick Skylark
Selling my 1969 Buick Skylark (Special Deluxe Model) RUNNING CAR, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DRIVE IT AWAY. IT DOES HAVE A BAD BATTERY, YOU WILL NEED TO JUMPSTART IT IF YOU TURN IT OFF.
- CAR SHIFTS JUST FINE, BUT I DID NOTICE THAT WHEN YOU MOVE THE GEAR SHIFTER, THE NEEDLE INDICATOR DOES NOT MOVE ON THE DASH. MAYBE A FUSE? I DONT KNOW, DID NOT DO THAT IN THE PAST. I WILL LOOK AT IT AND SEE IF I CAN FIGURE IT OUT BEFORE I SELL IT.
- Odometer shows 315629 miles, but I honestly don't know if those are the original miles and odometer. Title in hand and ready to transfer ownership.
I would Like to answer some questions that have been emailed to me:
1) Does it have a Body Plate? Can you please provide a picture of the Body Plate?
Yes it does, please check the pictures again, I just added a picture of the body plate. I took it at an angle so let me know if you need a retake.
2) Could I use this car as a Daily Driver?
Personally I would not use it as a daily driver, I have used it to go get Starbucks with the kids, or short trips to the supermarket. In my opinion the car is a Project Car, I also think that a car this old would require way too much maintenance if you abused it as a daily driver, but if you wanted to use it that way, I am assuming it would be just fine.
3) Does it drive smooth?
The car is from 1969 so the suspension and handling is not that of a new car, it is not a smooth drive, it is loud, smells like gas and exhaust fumes, and I hear a little noise here and there; I bought it for its nostalgic value and because I look so damn cool in itðŸ˜€. The younger guys want to race me and the older folks give me the thumbs up, even in its condition, I get A LOT OF LOOKS! I Hope that answer the questionðŸ˜€.
4) A â€œCar Expert for 40 yearsâ€ asked: Your car confuses me. Looks like a mix between a 1968 and a 1969. Have the doors been replaced? Deck lid?
In the years that I have owned it, I have not replaced doors, panels etc. My car is a 1969 Buick Special Deluxe, some call it a 1969 Buick Skylark Special Deluxe, I am listing it as a Buick Skylark Special Deluxe, but the Skylark and Special Deluxe are two different cars that look very much alike with some noticeable differences which it is perhaps what is fueling your confusion. Regardless, it is the Special Deluxe Series which actually makes it a rarer model than the regular skylark; in 1969 they made around 100K Skylarks, and only around 15K Special Deluxe were made.
5) The same â€œCar Expert for 40 yearsâ€ Replied: 1969 didnâ€™t have wing vents to the best of my knowledge. Also, the build sheet appears to be dated late 1967, which would make it a 1968.
The build sheet also shows the Body Plate Number which matches the Plate number in the picture I have provided, the Plate says the car is a 1969 car. Regardless of the dates you may see on the build sheet, the build sheet also shows the Vin Number which matches the Vin number on the car. Decoding the first six numbers of the Vin (433279) yield the following information: The 4 means GMC Division: Buick, the 33 means Special Deluxe, the 27 means 2-Door Coupe, and the 9 means the Model Year of 1969.
That said, the Build Sheet shows the Vin which matches the vin number on the car, which matches the Body Number on the Body Plate, I think it is pretty remarkable that a potential buyer is getting this much piece of mind with the build sheet, not many old cars you buy out there have the luxury of having this awesome paper to go with it. In Summary, this is a 1969 Buick Special Deluxe, but again most call it a Buick Skylark Special Deluxe, that is why I am listing it as such. Either way, I hope this is clear and it answers your question.
I have owned the car for about 6 years, bought it from a guy in Vista CA. Car has been garaged the entire time I have owned it. I have not driven it far, only around the block. BUT I DID DRIVE IT FROM VISTA CA TO PALMDALE CA WHEN I BOUGHT IT. I would like to do a resto mod, but no time and no money. DROVE IT YESTERDAY AROUND MY NEIGHBORHOOD AND THE ENGINE WAS FAST AND LOUD!! BURNED RUBBER AND PISSED OFF A FEW NEIGHBORS! ðŸ˜€
Lastly, I have a couple of boxes with parts, and the original parts I removed with new ones, I also have a binder with a brief history from the previous owner which shows engine reconditioning done a year or two before I purchased it from him, and other work. I also have what appears to be the original build sheet. I also have the chrome trim that goes around the front and rear windshields.
Car Information to the best of my knowledge:
- 8Cyl 350 with Edelbrock 4 Barrel Carb
- 2 speed Hydraulically Super Turbine(ST) 300 Transmission
- Has Headers
- Interior floor is solid, no damage from rust (see pictures, I cleaned and sprayed sound dampening paint a year ago, then put in new carpet and the seats.
- Could be a great Project for anyone
- The tags are good until October 2018
- Seats were Reupholster in the past 4 years
- I have the original build sheet for the car.
- New Water Pump
- Ignition lock cylinder and ignition gear sector 12/06/2017
- Transmission filter/pan gasket and fluid 12/06/2017
- New Radiator
- New Rear and front Shocks
- New Rear Shoes
- I have the front shoes, new in the box, I have not installed them.
- To the best of my knowledge, the car needs light to medium bodywork and a paint job
- Trunk had rust so has huge opening that I created in an attempt to weld new trunk floor panel, but yes, I got too lazy and didnâ€™t complete the work, bought trunk floor Panel from Rock Auto. It is sitting in the trunk with other parts.
- NO AC (had AC at some point, build sheet says it had AC)
- And to the best of my knowledge, it has a few cosmetics issues here and there that need to be addressed.
- There is a very small leak, I think it is transmission fluid