1990 BUICK REATTA CONVERTIBLE...HIGHEST OFFER !!!....NO RESERVE !!!...
- Make: Buick
- Model: Reatta
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: CONVERTIBLE DELUXE
- Year: 1990
- Mileage: 100,000
- VIN: 1G4EC33C5LB906668
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 3.8 LITRE V-6 W/SEQUENTIAL FUEL INJECTION
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: ANTILOCK BRAKE SYSTEM, ILLUMINATED ENTRY, ELECTRIC MIRRORS WITH HEATED GLASS, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 4T60-4 SPEED AUTOMATIC W/OVERDRIVE
- Interior color: Burgundy
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM, FOG LAMPS, FRONT & REAR INDEPENDENT SYSTEM, GRAND TOURING SUSPENSION, 15" ALUMINUM WHEELS W/STEEL BELTED RADIALS, 18 MPG CITY / 27 MPG HWY, Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Options: 16-WAY DRIVER'S SEAT, COMPACT DISC PLAYER WITH GRAPHIC EQUALIZER, REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY, ETR AM/FM STEREO W/CASSETTE, CD PLAYER & 6 SPEAKER, DELAY FEATURE WINDSHIELD WIPERS, POWER ASSIST 4 WHEEL DISC BRAKES, ELECTRIC TRUNK RELEASE, FULL GAUGE & TACHOMETER PACKAGE, CRUISE CONTROL WITH RESUME, TILT STEERING WHEEL, CORNERING LAMPS, COMPOSITE HALOGEN HEADLIGHTS, DUAL LIGHTED VANITY MIRRORS, Cassette Player, CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1990 Buick Reatta CONVERTIBLE DELUXEWhen the Reatta was introduced, it was envisioned as a well-equipped luxury car. The only option was for 16-way power seats - replacing the standard 6-way power seats. In 1989, keyless entry was added as a standard feature. In 1990, a driver's side airbag appeared with the more conventional instrument panel. An optional CD player was offered. Every Reatta included a leather book containing the owner's manual and pen. In 1990 and 1991, a zippered owners folio was included. In addition to the owners manual, it also contained a "Craftsman's Log" with the signatures of the supervisors for the assembly of the car at the various craft stations, a pen, flashlight, and tire gauge, among other items. These slightly unusual items were an attempt to sell the mass-produced car as one built with individual care. The convertible was designed by ASC, and placed into production for 1990 and 1991. The convertible top was available in vinyl or cloth, and featured a glass rear window with electric defroster. When retracted, the top was protected by a rigid tonneau cover. Assembly at the Reatta Craft Centre was performed at a series of stations each with a specialized team of workers, rather than on a conventional assembly line. After a team had completed their portion of the assembly, the car would be moved by robots to the next station. Paintwork was performed on site under subcontract to PPG Industries Production is said to have begun in January 1988 and ended on May 10, 1991. However, various accounts of much earlier and later cars exist, and the handbuilt nature of the car and long development cycle makes accurately dating production difficult. Either way, these are extremely rare cars and are getting more valuable every day ! As Buick's first two-seater and its first convertible since the 1985 Riviera, the Reatta was manufactured in a highly specialized assembly program at the Reatta Craft Centre (later known as the Lansing Craft Centre) in Lansing, Michigan—achieving production of over 21,000 units in four years. Only 2132 convertibles were built in total. The Reatta featured twin bucket seats with a storage area behind the seats featuring two lockable bins and a lockable access hatch to the rear trunk. At introduction, options included 16-way power seats in lieu of 6-way power seats, side moldings in either black or body color and pinstripe delete.
The Buick Reatta was a "hand-made" luxurious sports coupe produced at the Reatta Craft Centre in Lansing, Michigan from early 1988 through 1991. Like the Cadillac Allante, It was based on a shortened and heavily modified version of the "E-body" used by the Cadillac Seville, Cadillac Eldorado, Oldsmobile Toronado and most particularly the Buick Riviera with which it shared its advanced electronics and interior furnishings.The Reatta sported its own unique body style and was crafted with an attention to detail and quality and finish uncommon for a mass-produced automobile. The Reatta was intended as a technological flagship-halo car for Buick. The Reatta, despite dire predictions in the automotive press of the time, turned out to be fairly reliable and inexpensive to maintain. The '88-89 models' touchscreen controls rarely fail and in the end are inexpensive to repair. The drivetrain is standard-issue GM 3800 which is among the most reliable and long-lasting engines ever produced by GM. One area of concern is the Teves anti-lock braking system which utilized an electric motor and pressurized accumulator rather than a conventional vacuum-driven master cylinder; I HAVE REPLACED ALL ASSOCIATED PARTS NECESSARY FOR UPKEEP. Those contemplating Reatta ownership today should be aware that all mechanical parts remain readily and inexpensively available due their widespread use through out GM's product line-up. Due to the extremely low production numbers, Reatta-specific parts can be more difficult to source, but are often obtainable at a reasonable cost through the well-organized network of Reatta aficionados available online. Arguably, the Reatta's primary attraction is its styling, which is unique and was almost universally praised at the time of its production. From the coupe's bubbletop roofline, "floating" sideview mirrors, retractable headlamps, full width taillamp array and wrap-around parking lamp assemblies the vehicle was clearly styled to attract attention. The convertible featured all of the coupe's styling cues with the additional appeal of a folding top that disappeared under a flush-closing hard tonneau cover for a smooth, sleek look. The Reatta's interior is extremely roomy for a two-seater and its nimble independent suspension, pleasant ride and high-geared transmission make for an extremely capable and comfortable long-distance high speed cruiser. Acceleration is brisk though not by any means neck-snapping and it handles curves with aplomb. Front wheel drive, anti-lock braking and a wide stance makes for exceptionally stable handling and control in wet or snowy conditions. THIS CAR NEVER IN SNOW AND MINIMALLY IN RAINY CONDITIONS. An additional benefit of Reatta's unique manufacturing process was an exceedingly high level of fit and finish. It also offered a very spacious interior given it's roots in GM's substantial E-body platform and featured locking storage compartments recessed into the rear deck behind the seats as well as a large pass-through door between the passenger compartment and its large trunk, making it unusually practical for a two-seater. MY BEAUTIFUL REATTA ALWAYS OWNED BY CAR COLLECTOR WHO MAINTAINED HER PERFECTLY....I HAVE RECEIPTS IN EXCESS OF $8,000 SHOWING MANY RESTORED PARTS INSIDE AND OUT.. JUST CALL AND I WILL SEND COPIES.....THIS BEAUTY WILL LAST OVER 500,000 MILES WITH THE CARE I HAVE GIVEN HER. SHE IS MY WIFE'S PRIDE AND JOY AND WE HATE TO SEE HER GO....WE COLLECTED BUICKS ( AN F-85, SKYLARK, RIVERIA CONVERTIBLE, AND REATTA, BUT NOW IT IS TIME TO SAY GOODBYE. PLEASE CALL 631-331-7642 FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, ADDITIONAL PHOTOS, OR TEST DRIVE....WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE AND WELCOME ANY AND ALL INSPECTIONS....SHE HAS NO LEAKS, NO VIBRATIONS, NO STRANGE NOISES...SHE LOOKS LIKE NEW AND DRIVES AS NEW AS CAN BE. YOU MUST SEE TO BELIEVE ! PLEASE CALL 631-331-7642. SHIPPING IS RESPONSIBILITY OF BUYER BUT I WILL ASSIST IF NEED BE ; I WILL STORE HER IN MY GARAGE FOR UP TO 2 WEEKS IF NEED BE. ALL I ASK FOR IS HONOR AND INTEGRITY...HAPPY MOTORING AND GOOD LUCK !
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WERE COMPLETED RECENTLY TO MAKE HER DRIVE AND LOOK AS NEW AS CAN BE :
1. RECENT WHITE CONVERTIBLE TOP TO FACTORY SPECS & COLOR ; TOP WITH GLASS REAR WINDOW, ELECTRIC HEATING ELEMENTS, & INTERIOR FABRIC INSULATION.
2. RECENT OIL & FILTER CHANGE, COOLANT CHANGE, ALL HOSES REPLACED (INCLUDING UPPER & LOWER HOSES, BYPASS HOSE, HEATER HOSE AND ALL CLAMPS.
3. REPLACED TAIL LIGHT ASSEMBLY.
4. REPLACED AIR CONDITIONING COMPRESSOR, ALL O-RINGS, ALL OILS, ALL FITTING, REPLACED WITH R134A REFRIGERANT; REPLACED PULLEYS. DUCT TEMPERATURE @ 45% F. REPLACED BLOWER MODULE.
5. REPLACED ALTERNATOR, SERPENTINE BELTS, IDLE ARMS & PULLEYS.
6. REPLACED IDLE AIR CONTROL ASSEMBLY.
7. INSTALLED FOUR NEW FIRESTONE P215/65R15 95T TIRES WITH 65,000 MILE WARRANTY.
8. ANTI LOCK BRAKE SWITCH REPLACED ; REPLACED ANTI LOCK PUMP MOTOR ; REPLACED ANTI LOCK ACUMULATOR; REPLACED ALL BRAKE FLUID. CUT BRAKE ROTORS & INSTALLED NEW PADS.
9. REPLACED CRUISE CONTROL ACTIVATOR & HARNESS.
10. REPLACED INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET, REPLACED VALVE COVER GASKET, REPLACED OIL PAN GASKET; REPLACED PVC VALVE.
11. REPLACED WATER PUMP, ALL BELTS INCLUDING SERPENTINE BELT.
12. INSTALLED HEADLIGHT MOTOR REPLACEMENT KIT.
13. REPLACED STRUTS ALL AROUND TO FACTORY SPECS.
14. REPLACED BATTERY AND SERPENTINE BELT.
15. REPLACED FUEL INJECTORS & AIR INTAKE.
ADDITIONALLY, SHE WILL COME COMPLETE WITH THE FOLLOWING :
A. ORIGINAL BILL OF SALE.
B. ORIGINAL WINDOW STICKER ENCASED IN PLASTIC
C. ORIGINAL DELIVERY MANIFEST FROM THE REATTA CRAFT CENTRE INDICATING ALL THE "BROADCAST CODES WITH OPTIONS" ASSIGNED TO ORIGINAL SELLING DEALER.
D. ORIGINAL DATED "CRAFTSMAN's LOG" WITH ORIGINAL SIGNATURES OF THE SUPERVISORS OF THE ASSEMBLY OF THIS HAND MADE VEHICLE AT THE VARIOUS "CRAFT STATIONS".
THIS VEHICLE IS READY FOR SHOW OR ENJOYED AS A PERFECT TIME CAPSULE.
PLEASE CALL 631-331-7642. HAPPY MOTORING AND GOOD LUCK !