1960 Buick LeSabre 4 Door Hardtop
- Condition: Used
- Make: Buick
- Model: LeSabre
- Type: 4 Door Hardtop
- Year: 1960
- Mileage: 77,800
- VIN: 4G1086426
- Color: White
- Engine size: 364 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1960 Buick LeSabre
Up for bid is a 1960 Buick LeSabre 4 Door Hardtop. I have owned this car for just about 3 years. It currently has under 78,000 miles showing on the odometer, which I believe to be actual mileage. Prior owner had only put around 250 miles on it in the 19 years he owned and I have driven it very little myself.
It has an automatic Dynaflow transmission mated to the original 364 Nailhead V8. Original color was Tahiti Beige with Cordovan Brown roof. It was repainted at some point and the body color is more white than the original color, but the roof is still close.
This is a very original and solid vehicle. Pretty much everything is there and operable. It has new Coker whitewall tires, front brake drums, thermostat, points/condenser, and coil. Car starts right up and can be driven, though the brakes still need a bit of adjustment.
This car does need some attention and I just don’t have the time to devote to it that I would like.
- -Interior needs work. The original seating material was notorious for not lasting and the front seat on this car shows it. There currently is a seat cover on it. Carpet needs replaced and is partially missing due to a leaking heater core. Headliner and dash are both in decent condition.
- -Heater core needs replaced. Currently have heater hoses set up to bypass and have a new heater core to go with it.
- -Dynaflow transmission does leak, not unusual.
- -All glass is in good shape. Windows are fully operable.
- -Overall, sheetmetal is in good shape, though there are some bubbles that are present near the base of the doors and in rear quarters. The front passenger floor board has a prior repair, likely from past heater core issues.
This can be a good driver for someone that can take the time to go through it and take care of some of these items. Unfortunately, my attention has been diverted to other things.