Convertible CPE RED- Original Owner meticulously maintained and garaged
Price: - Item location: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Buick
- Model: Electra
- SubModel: 225 Custom Convertible CPE
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Convertible 2 dr CPE
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 74600
- VIN: 484670H316041
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 455-4 370 bhp V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Turbo Hydra-Matic 400 / 3 speed
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Options: Leather Seats, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Buick Electra 225 Custom Convertible CPEPurchased new in May 1970 by current owner from Bob White Buick, hrewsbur, ew Jersey. ThisawesomeBuick was custom ordered for the Commanding General of US Army Fort Monmouth and was delivered two weeks after he was deployed abroad. The straight elegant body shows off the dramaticcharacterline that wasBuick'strademark, isplaying an imposing and sportingappearance. Today 45 years later this vehicle turns heads wherever it travels. The body is nicely preserved and all doors, runk and hood fit well and sit flush. Plenty of chrome defines thisluxurymodel with a nicely integrated bumper/grille combination upfrontand a wide chrome bumper in the rear (rechromedin 1999). New frontbumperemblem was custom made when the original plastic one cracked (reproductions not available).
The beautiful Red interior of this big Buick is all original with the exception of the front bench seat leathers replaced in 2012, olors are all vibrant with very little fading or sun damage. Factory options include: power windows, ower bench seat,centerrim "Horn blow" with wood insert (bakelite needs restoration), n-windshield hidden antenna and in mirror courtesy light. The gauges cover only the basics, ut everythings clustered in front of the driver making it easy to find and use, ncluding the power top switch and factory AM radio that still works like it should. The white powerconvertibletop (original color) with glass rear window was replaced in 2012 along with the front Header Bow, ables, ads, iller and lock seals along with all door, runk and window rubber seals. Powertop and drivers door power window motorsreplacedin 2014.
Buick's famous 455-4, 70 bhp V8 was a torque factory that generateseffortlessperformance: 4.31x 3.90 bore x stroke, ebuilt to factory specifications in 2012 along with the transmission she runs like new and shows her power on the highway as it effortlessly glides at all speeds...15 MPG highway. Restoration also included new: oil pick up, lternator, uel pump, indshieldwasherpump and hoses, ew brakes and shocks.Restorationincluded correct engine paint color and repaint of the original air cleaner with new 455-4 decals from Buick NOS supplier. Heater hoses were removed when the car arrived in Florida in 2012 and can be reconnected before shipping if desired by purchaser.
Repaintedin 1991bySummit Auto Body, ummit New Jersey stripped to bare metal andrebuiltusing a 5 part process which produced a brilliant smooth show qualityappearance. The finish still holds it appearence 24 years later but needs refurbishing or repainting to be a class "A" show car.
Tires: (4)Michelin, ll season Rain Force MX4, 235/75R15 M+S. Plus spare.
This is the last of the big Buickconvertiblesmanufactured in 1970 a total of 6,045 rolled off the assembly line, 249 less than produced in 1969. This vehicle has all theingredientsto make it a first class hobby/ show car:big horsepower, ots of options, reat colorcombination and just one owner. The Classic Car insurance company valued this vehicle at: $27,000.00
Call seller with any questions: 561-293-4285
TERMS OF SALE:
1. Per the eBay User Agreement, y placing a bid you are entering into alegallybinding contract are committed to purchase the vehicle described. The details of thiscommitmentare further outlined in the eBay User Agreement.
2. Vehicle may be sold prior to the end of the auction as it is being offered on other sitessimultaneously. The owner reserves the right to end the auction early at their sole discretion and shall not be held liable for any such action. Only a "buy it now" sale will ensure a final sale prior to the end of the auction.
3. The winning bidder is required to contact seller within 24 hours after the close of the auction to finalize details of the sale.
4. Vehicle is sold "As is Where is" and it is theresponsibilityof the buyer to make arrangements to pick up the vehicle or make appropriate transportation/shipping arrangements.
5. A $500.00 non-refundable deposit is required within 48 hours of the auction's close. The deposit reserves the vehicle and removes it from the market. Acceptable payment types for deposit are: paypal, ire transfer, ank check or Postal Money order.
6. Please be aware that all pre-owned vehicles regardless of age, ileage or manufacture are subject to cosmetic wear and mechanical failure. The seller encourages bidder to have a personal inspection completed prior to delivery to help ensure satisfaction. Third party inspections are to take place prior to the vehicles shipment. Seller assumes noresponsibilityfor delays or damageincurredonce the vehicle is in shipper's custody.
7. Final winning bid does not include: inspection,shipping, ax,title or registration fees. It is the buyersresponsibilityto cover any and all such fees.