1987 Buick Grand National Turbo Black No Reserve
- Make: Buick
- Model: Grand National
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 147,000
- VIN: 1g4gj1175hp458449
- Color: Black
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Interior color: Gray
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Buick Grand National
DO NOT BID ON THIS ITEM IF YOU CANNOT:
1.Pay the non-refundable deposit in less than 24 hours after the auction closes.
2.Pay the remaining balance in less than 7 days after the auction closes.
3.Pick up the car in less than 14 days after the auction closes.
Up for sale is my beloved 1987 Buick Grand National. This is not a T-Type, clone, or any other counterfeit. This is the real deal, bad-to-the-bone, fastest mass-produced American car for 1987. I purchased this car from the second owner of 26 years. Do not let the mileage deter you! This car has been well looked after, and many of the high-dollar repair items have been sorted. Remember: many of the Grand Nationals that are currently for sale have 80,000-ish miles on. This is when the major components on these cars start to fail; and people want to dump them. With that said, onto the specifics of the car.
Ideal Engine in Somerville, MA professionally installed a GM remanufactured engine. The longblock now has 29K miles and it runs like a top. The total repair bill was over $5000. Other parts replaced at that time:
- New water pump
- New belts
- New hoses (oil, coolant, fuel & vacuum)
- New spark plugs
- New radiator w/cap
- New fuel pump
- New EGR solenoid
- New conventional brake booster (eliminated dreaded Powermaster)
- New turbocharger
- New PCV
- New front brakes
- New front wheel bearings
- The floor pan does not have a spec of rust on it. The trunk floor is solid, as is the frame, front to back.
- The car just came back from the paint shop last week with new bumper fillers, T-top seals, and a beautiful full-body respray.
- New power window master switch
- Flowmaster dual exhaustwith a mellow, yetmenacing tone
- $5000 Alpine stereo system with dual amplifiers and multi-disc CD.
- I charged the A/C this past summer and got it blowing ice cold.
- LED tachometer reads max out.*
- Fuel gauge is flakey - reads full at times when it is not.*
- Remote mirror control is intact, but the screw that secures it has fallen out.
- One wheel center cap.
* Both of these items are very common with these cars, due to a manufacturing flaw in the gauge cluster. The good news is Casper’s Electronics has a mail-in service topermanently fix these issues and its very reasonably priced.
These cars are going up in value 20% a year over the last several years, so now is your chance to own a great car that pays you back while it sits in your garage. Not to mention, who can resist driving the greatest American car of the 80’s from its best model year?
Take a look at all the other Grand Nationals out there and come look at this one last. All of these cars are commanding well into the teens, yet still need big ticket items such as paint & body, engine or interior work. This one has had the hard work done and money spent so you can just gas and go.
I am selling this car at NO RESERVE, $0.99 STARTING BID because I am confident its true value will be realized through the bidding process. This means the last bid wins the car! The car is for sale locally, so I reserve the right to end the auction early.
As with any used car, I strongly suggest all bidders come to view this car in person prior to bidding.
Link to walk around video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3GmRuuHPYA
Note: that is steam out of the exhaust - it was 25 degrees out here in the northeast!