1938 Buick Special Coupe Classic Hot Rod Street Rod
Price: US $10,999.00 Item location: Richmond, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Buick
- Model: Other
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1938
- Mileage: 94,369
- VIN: 04256JH302
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 248 Straight 8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1938 Buick Other!1938 Buick Special Coupe!
This auction is for very rare and very desirable 1938 Buick Special Coupe. This car is way too COOL just as it sits or, due to one of the coolest body style, a great candidate for street rod.
I purchased this car with exactly that intention - to either freshened it up or turn it into a street rod. I have another classic lined up that fits slightly more my needs so I am putting this one out there to see if it generates enough interest to sell. If not, I will keep this one....you just don't come across 38' Buicks every day (I believe only 5,380 of this body style were ever produced).
Please note this is not drive off/drive anywhere vehicle; however, IT IS a running and driving project.
- Clean/Clear Title
- It is pretty much stock classic car with minimal interference over the years = GOOD!
- 248 straight 8 engine that runs quietly without any knocks/smoke or leaks
- New headgasket
- New battery
- Oil pressure around 30-35LBS on idle
- 3 speed manual transmission that shifts smoothly and to all gears with no effort
- Clutch feels good
- Body is SOLID and STRAIGHT! (you would not guess this is 80 year old car)
- Floors are SOLID with surface rust only
- Trunk is SOLID
- Frame is SOLID with surface rust only
- All glass is good and believed to be recently replaced
- All the rubber and glass channels as well as door seals replaced
- Windows go up and down nicely
- Steering wheel is refurbished
- All of the door and window handles re-chromed
- Fender welts have been replaced
- Front light and tail light bezels are new
- Headlights/Tail lights work as they should (hi/low beam)
- All chrome is present and with minimal pitting
- Volt, Oil and even Gas gauge all work
- Has been converted to 12V
- Comes with original running boards
- Comes with windshield wipers
- Comes with original radio!
What it needs:
- Radiator does leak and will need to be either refurbished or replaced
- Interior needs work - it is functional as is, but as expected for 80 yrs old car, it it has rips, sagging, stains etc. (personally this would be last thing to do on my list)
- Brakes will need to be gone through and adjusted. It stops, but for a daily driver will have to be attended to
- Some wiring will need to be gone through, while it does what it supposes to, it can be freshened up
- Running boards need work if you want to install the original ones that come with the car or just make/buy new ones - I think it looks cool without them, but that's me
- Radio does not function
- Tires are fine for now, but you may want to slap some new wide white walls on the wheels in the future
I am pretty easy going and am somewhat negotiable on the price so shoot me an offer if you are interested. If deal is made, I would like to see a non-refundable deposit within 24 hours just to make sure the buyer is serious.
Please do not assume anything and ask any/all questions through EBay and/or txt/call me at 281.six8six.5005....I want you to be happy with the purchase.
As with anything this old - sold as is where is with no warranty implied or offered