1965 Buick Skylark Gran Sport 401 Original California Muscle Car No Reserve
- Make: Buick
- Model: Skylark
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Gran Sport
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 65,600
- VIN: 12345678901234567
- Color: Midnight Aqua
- Engine size: 401
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Buick Skylark Gran Sport1965 Buick Skylark Gran Sport
~Numbers Matching Original California Car~401 cid BIG block Nailhead v8~325 HP and 445 lbs of Torque~Rare Midnight Aqua color~1 of 7,670 produced"Wouldn't you rather have a Buick, a 65 Buick.."NO RESERVE
Up for a NO RESERVE auction is gorgeous 1965 Buick Skylark Gran Sport. This is a very special car being it was thebeginningof an era and the first muscle car produced by Buick. This was the answer to compete with the Pontiac GTO. The Gran Sport option makes this car very different then a regular Buick Skylark. The 401 Nailhead motor was a legend at the drag strip and was the largest motor stuffed into a General Motors midsize car at that time. The combination of a big block v8 into a smaller car gave meaning to the term we all know as "Muscle Car". The GS option also included a larger front sway bar, stiffer springs, a 4 link rear suspension, posi traction, 3:73 gears, and dual 2 1/4 inch exhaust all stock. Other GS differences are stock bucket seats with a console, Floor shifter, Deluxe steering wheel, Gran Sport emblems on the grille trunk and side pillars. The Buick Gran Sport was marketed to a more sophisticated go fast crowd combining Buick's luxury with the best performance Buick and GM could offer. Because a higher markup 1965 Buick Gran Sport is a much rarer find than a Chevelle SS, Olds 442 or a GTO. This beautiful 1965 Buick Gran Sport was originally sold April 30, 1965 to a former United Airline pilot at Rudd Buick in Burlingame, CA about 20 miles south of San Francisco. The original purchase order shows this 1965 Buick Gran Sport bought brand new for $3,632 in 1965 with a $485 down payment and financing from the United Airlines credit union. Detailed records show this car has spent its entire life in northern California from the upscale Los Altos, CA down to Pebble Beach, CA. The car has been owned by the original owner until recently were it was sold from the estate. The original Owners Manual,AccessoryManual, 1965ProtectionPlan booklet with Protect-O-plate also come with the car. This Buick still has both original 6 digit California black plates and both Putnam Buick licenseplate frames. I would like to point out that Bob Rudd sold his Buick dealership in 1965 to Joe Putnam, this is why there are Rudd and Putnam Buick documents. Putnam Buick is still in business today; so the license plate frames are the first ever Putnam Buick frames and the Rudd Buick paperwork is one of the last transactions done under the name.
Mechanically this Gran Sport is in great original running and driving condition. The big 401 Nailhead still starts upevery time andhas plenty of power and torque. The original dual exhaust is still mounted on the car, the transmission shifts smooth in all gears and reverse. All the lights work outside and inside as well as all the gauges work. The heater and defroster still work as they should, the radio does not. Overall shes in good roadworthy original mechanical shape.Cosmetically the Midnight Aqua looksabsolutelybeautiful. It has been painted about 10 years ago and still shines very nicely. There are two rust bubbles but no holes on the lower drivers and passenger door and by the Gran Sport emblem on the drivers side pillar. Other than that there is no visible rust and underneath it has no rust. The original wheels have been replaced by 17x8versions of the originals with very good Sumitomo performance tires that give the car a planted and smooth ride. The front seats have been reupholstered and there is new carpet. Otherwise the interior is in complete original condition.
I ask how often can you come across a badass luxury muscle car with an original backstory and documentationdating backto the date it was purchased? Folks DO NOT MISS OUT !!!I have described this Car to the best ofmy knowledge and have included over 100 Photos as well as a Video. Remember it is a 51 year old car, if you have any SPECIFIC questions don't hesitate and please ask. I will respond ASAP.Thank You and GOOD LUCK!
Check out the VIDEO of this 65 Gran Sport in Action
Here is some Authentic1965 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Advertisments
I have described this Vehicle to the best ofmy knowledge and have included over 100 Photos as well as a Video.Rememberit is 51 year old car and if you have any SPECIFIC questions don't hesitate and please ask. I will respond ASAP.Thank You and GOOD LUCK!
Terms of Sale
Ireserve the right to
- Obtain and verify the registered information of all users who bid on this auction
- Cancel any and all bids at my discretion, or end the auction early if necessary.
- Bidders Age:You must be 18 years of age or older to Bid.
- Special eBay Bid Retraction Rules:Please read eBay's "Retracting a Bid"
Placing a Bid:Your bid constitutes a legally binding contract to purchase this vehicle.Please read eBay's User Agreement
If you place a bid before the last 12-hour period of the auction:
- You may retract that bid before that last 12-hour period but only for exceptional circumstances. You will not be allowed to retract that bid during the last 12-hour period of the auction
If you place a bid during the last 12-hour period of the auction:
- You will be allowed to retract the bid for exceptional circumstances but only if you do so within one hour after placing the bid.
Funds & Financing:
Buyer will need to arrange funds or financing before pickup or shipment.Buyers Inspection:Ihave done my best to disclose all information known about this vehicle for auction.Iwelcome a buyers inspection. If you plan to have a buyers inspection, please make sure you inspect the vehicle prior to the auction ending. Inspection fees if any are Buyers responsibility.
Representations and Warranties made by seller:This vehicle is being sold "as is". No representations or warranties are made by seller, nor are any representations or warranties relied upon by bidders in making bids.
Title Information: Title is in hand and clear. If payment is made by cashier's or personal checks we will hold all titles for 10 days or until funds have cleared.
Shipping & Delivery:
- All shipping charges and arrangements are buyer's responsibility.Iwillmake vehicle available to third party shipping company hired by buyer but will not be responsible in any way for claims arising from shipping damage!
- Licensed Carriers are generally insured for $3,000,000.00. We assume no responsibility for damages incurred after the vehicle leaves our location.Any claims or other communication regarding shipment of vehicles will be between you and the shipper, not withMe.
- The amount of time it takes for delivery is dependent on the carrier. Verify with the shipper for an estimated Time of Arrival to be sure.
- I will contact the successful high bidder by e-mail after the auction closes.
- Successful high bidder MUST communicate with Me through eBay within 24 hours of the auction ending to make arrangements to complete their transaction. If we cannot confirm your intention to buy or the sale is not completed within 5 days, we reserve the right to relist this vehicle or sell to any other qualified buyer.
- In order to secure bid on vehicle, Successful bidder (BUYER) must within 24 hours of bid closing send to Seller a Non Refundable Deposit in the amount of $500 by Paypal. Within 72 hours of bid closing, Buyer must send balance of funds by bank wire transfer, cash in person, bank certified funds to Seller.
Thanks for looking!