1972 Buick Skylark Sedan Original Un-Restored Survivor 49,000 Miles
- Condition: Used
- Make: Buick
- Model: Skylark
- Trim: Sedan
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 49,000
- Color: Bamboo
- Engine size: 350 2bbl V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Fawn
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Buick SkylarkNOTE: This car is being relisted because previous purchaser was unfortunately not able to complete the transaction due to unforeseen circumstances. To avoid disappointment for all parties involved, kindly make certain that you have all your money in place and all contingencies accounted for before committing to buy. Thank you very much.
IMPORTANT: I have received a lot of phone calls and messages from "dreamers", "tire kickers", and "low ballers". I am a very direct no-nonsense person and want to set the record straight. I was originally going to list car at $5999.00 with a "best offer" feature. I decided I didn't want to put up with the hassle of crazy low offers and a bunch of back and forth with people. So, instead, I decided to list the car at a FIXED PRICE at $3999, the least I would take, to eliminate all the hassle. So please, do not look and expect to buy the car for some silly low price like $2900 or $3200. It just won't happen. If no one will pay what it's worth, I will just drive it until the wheels fall off it. You can't buy a throwaway used car for this price, let alone a nice classic car. Thank you for your consideration.
I am thinning down my car collection and selling my 1972 Buick Skylark Sedan. This is the proverbial "little old lady" car, with only 49,000 miles! It is an original un-restored survivor that has not been modified or molested. I purchased it in Virginia approximately 2 and 1/2 years ago from the owner's estate. I have driven it approximately 6500 miles since I bought it. Car is equipped with 350/2bbl V8, automatic turbo 350transmission, power steering, am radio, full wheel covers, and deluxe cloth interior.
This Skylark is unbelievably original! Under hood, trunk, interior, and exterior have never been restored. No patch panels, has all original sheet metal. The bamboo colored paint still holds a great shine! Car is also very nice underneath, not rusty or scaly like many you see. It has always been garaged and well taken care of. Has original splatter paint and spare tire in trunk. Engine has never been detailed, still has original paint and decals!
Mechanically, this Skylark is awesome! When I first got it, I did typical things like replace water pump, battery, radiator, full tune-up including wires, belts, hoses, etc. Since then, all that has been necessary is routine maintenance like oil changes, etc. This car has been extremely reliable for me! It has always started right up, run and driven extremely smoothly with no issues whatsoever. Has a great ride and plenty of power. I have never seen any smoke or any other issues at all. A few months ago it was driven on an 800 mile trip. Just last week, it was driven on a 200 mile trip, again, no problems. I would not hesitate to drive this car cross country if I needed to go!
Of course like any used car more than a couple years old, there are minor flaws, small dings, and imperfections. Here are a couple minor items:
1. Original muffler and tailpipe are getting worn and will need to be replaced in the future. I have not done this as I know somefolks would prefer to put dual exhaust on a car of this type. A repair shop gave me a quote of $135 to replace the original muffler and tailpipe. This is not something that needs to be done right away.
2. Radio works, but original speaker has blown, so it will have to be replaced or hook up an auxiliary speaker. Again, I did not want to do this since it is only a factory am radio.Many people would prefer to upgrade with a stereo or cd player.
I just wanted to point out these few small things. Overall, this is a great, honest original car that won't break the bank and you can take the whole family to cruise-ins, car shows, tours, or just nice drives. These original Survivor cars are truly the up and coming thing in the collector car hobby. Anyone can haul a derelict out of a junk yard and throw many thousands of dollars at it in restoration costs, but just remember: They are only original ONCE! Don't miss this great opportunity to get into the hobby at a very reasonable cost!
Car is located in the Florence, SC area. I am about 10 to 15 minutes from the junction of I-95 and I-20, approximately midway between Columbia, SC and Myrtle Beach, SC. Please call for more details. 704-661-1326 IMPORTANT: PHONE CALLS ONLY! NO TEXTS! I don't know how to text and my phone doesn't support it. Thanks very much!
NOW FOR THE RULES: IMPORTANT: Please read and understand these rules BEFORE bidding. They are part of the listing terms and contract you are agreeing to when you bid. Please DO NOT bid, then try to change them later. That's not how it works. If you have questions, please ask and get answers BEFORE you bid. If you don't intend to abide by the rules, please look elsewhere.
1. Your bid is a contract! If you are the successful bidder, you are expected to pay! Please have all contingencies handled and your money in place BEFORE you bid! No retractions will be allowed, so be sure BEFORE you bid!
2. A NON-REFUNDABLE $500 deposit is due immediately on the BUY IT NOW feature through Pay Pal. I need to know you are serious and will actually follow through on your commitments. Too many people these days will agree to purchase an item, then never follow through.
3. Balance is due within 7 days of auction's close. This can be by bank wire transfer, cashiers check or cash in person. If you are paying balance upon pickup of car, it must be cash in person. This balance cannot be paid with Pay Pal.
4.Car andownership paperswill not leave here until paid in full with cleared funds. If you are paying with ANY kind of check, it must clear MY bank beforecar or paperworkwill be released. No exceptions!
5.This is sold strictly as-is at my premises with no guarantee or warranty of any kind.
6. Transportation is the buyer's responsibility. I will try to reasonably help and accommodate you any way I can, but it is still YOUR responsibility.It can remain here for a reasonable period of time at no charge, but must be paid for within the 7 days of auction's close. You should secure insurance as I cannot be responsible for acts of God or things beyond my control once sold.
7. If you are an overseas buyer, you must pay balance due by international bank wire transfer in US funds only! Car will not be released until funds are totally cleared in my bank account. You can NOT pay the balance with Pay Pal. You can only pay the initial $500 with Pay Pal when you commit to buy.
8. IMPORTANT: I divide my time between the Carolinas and a vacation property in upstate New York. This car is currently at Florence, SC, but is registered to me at my vacation home in NY. You should know that in NY on cars of this age, a transferrable registration card serves as proof of ownership. To assign ownership of the car to you, I sign the back of the transferrable registration over to you along with a bill of sale. There is no separate title document. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS BEFORE BIDDING.
9. If you have been an Ebay user for less than a year and/or have less than 20 feedbacks you need to call me at 704-661-1326 (NO text capability)BEFORE bidding. I understand that new Ebay members can be good customers, but due to high incidence of non-paying bidders,I need to talk to you first to know you are serious.
10.Car is advertised locally for sale. If I find a buyer through that venue, I reserve the right to end auction early. Please call me with any further questions about this. Leave message if not in. IMPORTANT: PHONE CALLS ONLY. This line will not receive text messages.
Questions???? Call me at 704-661-1326 NO TEXTS