1953 Buick Woodie Woody Wagon - 100% unrestored original
- Condition: Used
- Make: Buick
- Model: Other
- SubModel: Wagon
- Type: Wagon
- Trim: Wood
- Year: 1953
- Mileage: 29,809
- VIN: 17061657
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 8 cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Brown
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1953 Buick Other Wagon
Up for auction is a 1953 Buick Super Woodie Station in original unrestored condition. This is a true Survivor ! 100% of this car is original down to the carpet. It came from an estate in North Carolina. They were the second owners and kept it in dry storage for 40 years. The last time it was registered on the road was 1972 with tag on the windshield. Currently has a clear SC title in my name.
This station wagon is inoriginal condition to the point it would be fantastic in a preservation classcompetition.
* Interior: It has the original seats, headliner, carpets, front floor mat, dash and door panels which are in very good condition. No tears in seats, headliner, anywhere. The carpet is fadedbut all there. Unbelievable to see this quality of interior and the smell is fantastic old timey.
* Wood: The wood is inremarkable condition. It is apparent the wood was never sanded withsome spots still retaining originalvarnish. The passenger side rear pillar is starting to delaminate andshould be repaired.
* Chrome: The chrome is in good condition with age wear. The rear bumper does have a couple of dings. The front bumper is good but the bullets do have some dings. It is missing one grill tooth cover. No missing chrome or stainless - 100% in tact.
* Mechanical: It has the new for 1953 Nailhead V-8. The engine does turn over but I have not tried to start it. The transmission is not tested. It will need the brakes gone through. The lights, turn signals and horn work. Electrical is first year of the 12 volt system. Engine has never been painted appears to have never been taken apart.
* Exterior: The metal is in good original condition with some dings, scratches, and small dents. It has a period roof rack. Surface rust is forming but absolutely no perforations. The car has not been buffed/polished to keep as in tact as possible. The undercarriage has surface rust but is very solid with no rust through even in thefloor boards.
* Mileage: the speedometer shows the mileage as 29,809 but I can not guarantee this to be true. Looking at the condition of the car it is possible. Obviously the car was stored indoors it's whole life.
This is a great car to restore or could easily be put back on the road as a Survivor.
Payment in full must be made within 7 days of the auction completion. Payment is to be made by cash or wire transfer only. All payments must clear our bank before the car is shipped. $1000 paypal deposit within 24 hours.
This car is sold in "as is", "where is" and "as found" condition. There are no guarantees or warrantees. It is the responsibility of the Buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle, and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgement solely. Every effort has been made to accurately and fairly describe this vehicle to you.
The Buyer is responsible for all shipping costs and shipping arrangements. The vehicle must be paid in full before the vehicle is shipped. I assume no responsibility for damages incurred after the vehicle leaves my premises.