1967 Buick Riviera (Converted to Experimental Electric Vehicle back in the 80's)
- Condition: Used
- Make: Buick
- Model: Riviera
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 2 door
- Year: 1967
- Mileage: 80,000
- Color: White
- Engine size: See Description / no motor
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1967 Buick Riviera
- 1967 Buick Riviera converted to operate as an experimental electric vehicle
- Project started in 1980 and licensed to operate on Illinois roads approximately 1982
- The vehicle consists of the following:
- 1967 Buick Riviera basic vehicle chassis and standard interior....No motor / transmission
- Custom designed electric drive motor, having approximately 75 peak horsepower, using one series wound 6 pole motor
and one shunt wound 6 pole motor, inline tandem coupled with both motors in electrical series for 36 to 72 volt operation.
- Modified trunk area to accept up to fourteen 6 volt lead acid storage batteries. Batteries are not included.
- Cable Form brand pulse-width solid state controller to control the motor speed efficiently.
- Fast acting, cable operated cut-out switch to disconnect battery power source to motor controller if controller fails
- Manual transmission with adjustable ratios to change motor load conditions
- Instrument panel having five meters, plus indicators and selector switches.
The original Buick instrument panel is complete but not used for the electric conversion.
- Power assisted brakes, using original vacuum booster system with vacuum supplied by an independent 12 volt pump.
- Interior lighting, head lights, wipers, brake lights, etc., powered by two independent lead acid batteries.
Also, some pilot control is fed by 12 volts.
- Documentation and schematics for Cable Form controller.
Miscellaneous engineering documentation to help new owner.
- Spare tire (deflated)& rim included
Note: Car is no longer running. This vehicle could be returned to its original condition or upgraded using a modern orvintageengine with a rear wheel drive system.... It can alsobe made to run as an electric vehicle by adding the batteries and a few slight modifications.
The body, frame and interior were restored and are invery goodcondition. Mileage is an estimate.
This car has been kept indoors in a climate controlled garage since 1980.
Local pickup welcomed!
Please contact us with any further questions.SHIPPING / HANDLING POLICY:
Buyer is responsible for arranging shipping and for all costs associated with shipping.We are happy to work with you by providing weights and dimensions for determining your shipping cost. LOCAL PICKUP WELCOMED. Use 60119 as the "Ship From" zip code. Please allow 2-3 business days for the car to be prepared for shipping after confirmation of payment is received.
We accept Paypal and cashier's checks as the only form of payment. All funds must clear before delivery.