Gorgeous Classic1966 Buick Riviera Gran Sport! 99.9% Rust-Free 465 V8 GS!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Buick
- Model: Riviera
- Trim: Gran Sport
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 23,023
- VIN: 494876h953383
- Engine size: 465 cubic inch V8
- Drive type: rear wheel drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Buick Riviera
Offered for an appreciating new owner is this rare collectible classic 1966 BUICK RIVIERA GRAN SPORT COUPE!
Finished in "Burgundy Mist" metallic over burgundy, this splendid 50 YEAR-OLD classic shows just over 23,000 miles on its working five-digit odometer. The actual miles is believed to be 123,000 but I cannot 100% verify this to be true. So with that being said, you are looking at an exceptionalGran sport coupe! This 99.9% clean, dry rust-free specimen features a great running 465 cubic inch V8 engine mated to the factory automatic transmission, bucket seats, ALL NEW WORKING A/C with updated 134R refrigerant, original am radio plus glove-box mounted Panasonic cassette stereo, special ordered roll-up windows, factory 15" alloy wheels and custom California license plate, This classic Riv just received......within the last 500 miles...$11,000 in mechanical servicing at a renowned Bay area service facility ready for driving anywhere. Highlights of the recent service include: rebuilt power steering pump, new starter motor, new battery and cables, new fuel pump, transmission mounts, new ater pump, thermostat, hoses, clamps and belts, rebuilt carb, new ingition coil and control module, all new gaskets, new timing chain, new upper and lower ball joints, control arms and bushings. This big beautiful cruiser is being sold with clear and clean California title and maintenance records.
PLEASE CALL Evan at 650-350-8828 FOR QUESTIONS OR TO SCHEDULE VIEWINGS & MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.
I ALSO HAVE DOZENS MORE DETAILED PHOTOS BY REQUEST!
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this car is in EXCELLENT, VERY NICE DRIVER-QUALITY condition throughout! The paint has a deep lustrous shine to its finish with nice original contrasting chrome and trim pieces. The paint was refinished many years ago by the previous owner and still presents well. I would rate the exterior of this car a solid 7.5-8 on a scale of 1-10. Imperfections include some pitting on the original chrome and trim, light scratches, some rock nicks and paint nicks and other minor blemishes. While a notch or two away from concourse quality, this is a beautiful sunny driver that would present well at any classic car show.
As I hope is articulated in the photos here, the interior of this car is in excellent condition throughout....very good seat upholstery, nice headliner, original steering wheel, virtually PERFECT vinyl dash, nice door panels, working odometer and groovy dial speedometer, cold air conditioning, good heat, nauge works and the auxiillary ice classic stereo, working lights and blinkers. The factory temp gauge functions, the horn and factory am radio are inop.
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This classic Buick starts perfectly, runs very well with excellent torquey acceleration, smooth shifting automatic transmission, superb braking with excellent power brake feel, buttery smooth steering and supple suspension and smooth power steering. Overall this is one beautiful half-century old cruiser that garners attention everywhere you drive it!
DETAILS AND $$
1. This 1966 Riviera will besold with clear and clean California title. It is smog-exempt here in California due to the year.I welcome prospective new owners to come see, feel and inspect this car in person.
NOTE:There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully.
2. Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.