1956 Buick Special 2 door 62K orig miles, everything works, great driver
- Condition: Used
- Make: Buick
- Model: Other
- Trim: original
- Year: 1956
- Mileage: 62,000
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 322 cu in
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Green
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1956 Buick OtherI have owned this automobile about 9 years and am only selling it due to changing circumstances in my life. It has 62k original miles and everything works. It has the rare optional Roadmaster spinner wheel discs. Since my purchase I have had the ribbon speedometer rebuilt at a cost of over $300. It has been converted to '56 Corvette 2 speed electric wipers. Updated to spin on oil filter (orig cannister goes with car). Air cleaner has been converted to paper filter (have orig oil bath parts, I think) Radiator replaced. Also front brake system was converted to '56 Roadmaster heavier braking system. Motor and trans are fine. No smoke, starts instantly. Original T-3 headlights. All interior heat ducts were replaced new. Vent cables lubed. I did antique auto restoration as a profession and was constantly doing little maintenance and upgrade items to improve the car. I rarely drive it anymore as I do not have a shop or the tools since I moved to Florida 6 years ago. It's as nice a driver as you are going to find and would probably win it's class in a local show. No rust, although there was a older repair behind the front door which is obvious under close inspection so there might have been rust starting or possibly a minor dent. No chassis, floor, rocker, lower door or trunk rust. I buffed the stainless trim and there are no dents. Car is located in Vero Beach, Florida a couple of blocks off Route 95 and is available for inspection at your convenience. Now to the fine print:
1. Vehicle is for sale locally and is subject to prior sale.
2. $500 non-refundable deposit is required immediately upon buy it now purchase.
3. Buyer must contact me within 24 hours to finalize sale.
4. If buyer does not contact me and submit $500 non-refundable deposit within 48 hours vehicle may be made available to next highest individual
5. Balance to paid by bank wire transfer, cashier's or personal check. Vehicle and title will not be released prior to funds clearing.
6. Buyer must arrange and is responsible for pick up within 14 days unless prior arrangements are made before bid is placed.
7. Car is sold AS IS WHERE IS with the understanding that this is a 60 year old car and no guarantee or warranty is offered or implied.
Please contact me for any detailed pictures or information. USA SALES ONLY.
On Apr-23-16 at 23:20:58 PDT, seller added the following information:
Let me add a few things as they occur to me. Will probably update some more later. At some point in time the car was repainted close to the original colors. It is not the original paint from the factory. Seats and headliner may have been redone. It has the radio and clock delete. There is a modern radio cd player tastefully installed under the dash. It has the optional tissue dispenser. I'll get pictures tomorrow when I have daylight. Has padded dash (no cracks), electric fuel pump, power steering, backup lights, dynaflow, Whitewall tires as pictured are radials. Interior is green although for some reason it always appears blue in pictures. Nice wheel and ps horn button. Might be the only '56 Buick in the US with a working speedometer and odometer. I have receipts and records during time I have owned it and have traced the vehicle history back to 1997. Please ask any questions and I will do my best to give you honest and complete answers.