1976 BMW 2002 Square Tail
Price: US $5,100.00 Item location: Greer, South Carolina, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 2002
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1976
- Mileage: 142,000
- VIN: 2740007
- Color: Gray
- Engine size: 4 cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1976 BMW 2002Let me start by saying that I’m reluctant to write this and even getting to the point of putting this beautiful square tail up for sale as been nothing short of heartbreaking. I’ve owned this car for the past 6 years. I got her in CO in 2009 and moved her to SC in 2013. the entire time I’ve owned her she’d lived in the comfort of a heated garage and has been driven sparingly. Weekend jaunts through the countryside, indows down, amming to rock’n roll turns the heads of everyone and really exemplifies the glory of driving.
I’ve done my best to improve this '02 to something respectable among 2002 fans.
Previously the interior was unrecognizable as a product of BMW and through lots of dollars spent on various interior components you can sit comfortably in the car and drive it from point A to B without the worry of a rouge spring intrusion.
The interior includes new Corbeau micro suede front seats. Black carpet kit. Reupholstered original back micro suede bench seat. New rear deck. Custom micro suede headliner with //M color stitching. New sound system (4 speakers, nd CD player with bluetooth). New teal seat belts. Everything is black, ut the door panels are still blue... Still on my list of things to do, ut they’re in great shape so they get pushed for more important things. The interior is very nice and clean, take really good care of it and refuse to let my kids in there. You won’t find a crushed goldfish anywhere.
While we’re on the interior, he car never had a working AC unit... It’s gone (useless weight maybe). The heater doesn’t work either. I think this can at least be fixed I’ve just never attempted it. The dash didn’t work at all and I’ve gotten all but the odometer to work. It’s showing 49K miles +/- but I feel like it might have more on it since ya know it’s 39 years old.
The exterior is pretty nice too, here’s very, ery little, ut some rust on the rocker panels and you can find a couple small scratches and dents here and there, ut other than that the paint looks good. I’ve replaced the front and rear windshield and gaskets because it use to leak like crazy, ut it’s all tight now. both roundels and some of the trim have been replaced and I took the bumper off for a “sporty look” I still have it so you can put it back on if you like that kind of safety. All lights function and blink or shine when they’re supposed to. The trunk is perfect no issues (see picture) I have nothing of note to write about regarding the trunk other than you can put a surprising amount of stuff in there, ho it will probably smell like gasoline afterwards.
I’ve refinished the original wheels they’re holding up pretty well. The Michelin tires on the car have held up well, nd they've worked for the 1000 miles I put on it yearly. I’ve recently replaced the front brakes and calipers and the rear drums, hoes, nd cylinders so it should stop just fine when you press the brake pedal.
Lets lift the hood and talk about what’s under there. I’ve spent a great deal of time replacing many parts here over the years. Overall it runs great keeps up with most old ladies on the Highway and fires up when told. It does get a little cranky in cold weather and requires some finesse with the choke. The battery is fairly new. I have recently replaced the starter. Installed a new distributer, nd cap, nd plugs and coils. New alternator too. About 3 years ago I replaced the carb with a new weber carburetor. There are a couple other things I’ve tried to fix or replace but overall it runs great, ounds good, nd is reasonably fuel efficient. Most people, MW fans and others, re impressed with it’s condition and overall sex appeal. I regularly maintain the car and unfortunately rarely drive it.
The tears are now streaming down my face and as I close this description, ’m open to answering any questions you have just let me know hopefully the pics do most of the talking. It’s been a really great car and fun project. I hope someone here sees the potential I did in it and continues improving her over the years. I’m by no means a pro at this and have done my best with the help of many professionals to bring this car to where it is now. I bought her originally because she’s nearly rust free and drove great.
I’ve saved all of my mechanics receipts since ownership, owever I can’t vouch for what’s happened before I bought the car. I’ve been led to believe that I’ve been the 3rd owner of the car for the most part it has been kept in Colorado until I moved it to South Carolina in 2013.
TERMS 1. All bid prices and payments are in U.S. currency only. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, mperfection, efect, r damage.
2. To be fair to all bidders your winning bid is the price No negotiations will be made.
3. You must be 18 or older to bid. Please remember that by placing a bid you are entering into a legally binding contract and are committed to buying the vehicle described in this listing in which I have done my best to accurately do. If you are not sure about something, lease ask. Do not assume that anything not listed is included in the sale.
4. If you do not intend to purchase the vehicle as described, lease do not bid. Please only bid what you are willing to pay. This is not an auction for the “option to buy” and/or “inspect” the vehicle after the sale.
5. Please feel free to contact me with any questions before bidding my personal email cmblechar (AT symbol) gmail.com. I will respond at my earliest opportunity.
6. This vehicleis available for personal inspection. I invite you to visit. It is up to the bidder to inspect the car before the end of the auction. There will be no inspections after the auction and during pickup. The car will not be sold to anyone making an inspection before the auction is over. This is to be fair to everyone. If making a trip for inspection you will have to go home and bid just like everyone else. I will gladly photograph and post anything you'd like to see in greater detail.
7. I reserve the right to cancel this auction at any time and shall not be held liable for any such cancellation or closure. I reserve the right to cancel bidders with excessive negative feedback solely at my discretion.
8. Many banks and credit unions do not finance older vehicles and/or with high mileage. If you plan to finance, lease make sure your financial institution accepts this aged vehicle and its mileage, nd arrange financing before bidding.
9. I cannot accept any bid retractions in the last 24 hours of the auction.
10. This vehicle is sold “as-is, here-is and as seen in the pics" with no warranties expressed or implied. It is being sold asis.
11. I have done my best to accurately describe this vehicle, ut shall not be held responsible for the correct description, uthenticity, enuineness, r defects herein, nd make no warranty in connection herewith. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the bidder’s responsibility to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle, nd to have satisfied him or herself as to the vehicle’s condition and value and to bid based upon that judgment only.
12. I assume no responsibility for any repairs that were made prior to sale of this vehicle. I will not make repairs nor will I pay you for any repairs after the sale.
13. Final or closing bid price does not include any documentation, hipping, ravel, axes, itle, r registration fees. Buyer is responsible for any applicable title transfer fees, s well as federal, tate, r local taxes, ersonal transportation costs, r shipping expenses resulting from the sale. This means simply if you are out of state you will pay applicable fees in your state
14. I bear no liability and shall be held harmless for any complications, xpenses, r damages resulting from a failure to meet these terms as they have been set forth and established herein. I will also not be held liable for any future damage or lawsuit for and as a result of selling said vehicle in as is condition.
15. All sales are final. You are buying as is and as seen. Know and understand what you are buying before you bid.
16. All non-paying high bidders will be reported to eBay, nd negative feedback will be posted.
17. Non-paying bidders, nqualified bidding, id shielding, uction interference, r any type of harassment will be dealt with according to eBay Rules, ocal law, nd may include, ut not limited to legal action and applicable fees, oss of deposit, r any other necessary expenses.
18. Placing a bid or offer on this vehicle constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions and acknowledgement that the bidder has read and understands all the information presented. If needed get your better half or the decision maker to read along too so it is alright with them.
1. The winning bidder must contact me within 24 hours after thesale and make arrangements for payment at that time. If no contact is made within 24 hours, reserve the right to re-list the vehicle, ell it to the next high bidder, r sell it otherwise.
2.$500.00 is the deposit and must be received within 48 hours of auction end and will be non refundable. I will accept pay pall for the deposit however not on vehicle sales. Please do not make travel plans if the deposit has not beenreceived. It doesn't matter if you are located5 miles away or 5000 miles. The deposit must be made no exceptions. This is a serious auction and the terms are to identify deadbeats early on in the process.
3. Final payment must be received within 7 business days after close of auction.
4. Payment can be made by cashier’s check, oney order, r by bank wire transfer. I will not accept credit cards or Pay pal.
1. Purchaser to arrange for and pay any shipping costs.