RARE CLASSIC 1979 BMW E12 528I. 4 SPD FACTORY SUNROOF BLUE PLATE CALFIORNIA. CAR
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 5-Series
- Trim: 528I
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 172,078
- VIN: 5330767
- Engine size: 2.8 LITER INLINE SIX CYLINDER
- Drive type: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 BMW 5-Series
Offered for an appreciating new owner is this rare classic 1979 BMW 528i 4 speed sedan!
Finished in "Fjord" blue over blue cloth, his 36 year-old BLUE LICENSE PLATE CALIFORNIA E12-SEDANsports a nice running factory fuel-injected 2.8 liter inline six cylinder engine mated to the four speed manual transmission, riginal electric sunroof, lectric windows, eriod-correct [and I believe original to this car] Blaupunkt "Frankfurt" am/fm/cassette stereo, 4" painted steelwheels and reclining bucket seats. The NON-working odometer shows 172,078 miles but the actual miles on this car cannot be verified.Overall this is a solid driver-quality classic BMW sedan for less than the cost of the sales tax alone on a new 320i
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this 528i is in fair to good 99% rust-free condition overall with excellent shock towers front and rear andsome small surface rust bubbles in a couple of spots.The top paint surfaces are worn and faded, here are various nicks, cratches and other cosmetic blemishes on the exterior of this car that could definitely benefit from a respray of the beautiful original fjord metallic blue color.
The interior of this E12 sedan is in generally good overall condition with all working lighted gauges [except the odometer], ood heat with working blower motor, ear flawless vinyl dashboard, ice wood trim and beautiful original carpeting, orking electric sunroof and even the clock still works. Imperfections inside the car include tattered rear seat fabric, issing/unattatched door pockets, orn driver side seat bolster, noperative a/c and scratchy reception on the old stereo.
This 528i starts easily, uns quite well, rives very well with responsive steering and nice tracking down the road. The suspension is supple and quiet, he braking is strong and true with excellent pedal feel and the transmission shifts beautifully with smooth clutch feel. To make the driving experience closer to perfect I would suggest replacing the two front tires for safety as well as to eliminate a very minor steering wheel shimmy.
I WILL ALSO HAVE MANY MORE DETAILED PHOTOS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST VIA EMAIL!
PLEASE CALL650-350-8828 FOR QUESTIONS,TEST DRIVES AND/ORMECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.
THE DETAILS AND $$$$$
1. This 1979 BMW will besold with clear and clean California certificate of title. It will be smogged for a California buyer who will be required to pay local sales tax. It will be sold "AS IS" with no written or verbal warranties expressedor implied.I welcome prospective new owners to come see, rive, eel and inspect this car in person.
NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, LEASE bid thoughtfully!
2. Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close. [Buy-it-now requires immediate $500 payment]
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, ank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.