1987 BMW 535is 5 Speed Alpine White Cardinal Red Leather
Price: US $3,350.00 Item location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 5-Series
- SubModel: 535is
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: 535is
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 204,500
- VIN: WBADC7406H1716674
- Color: White
- Engine size: 3.4 I6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Options: Sunroof, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 BMW 5-Series 535isFor sale is my 1987 535is, t's a 5 speed with 204k miles Alpine White in color with Cardinal Red leather. The car is great condition considering the fact that it is 27 years old. It was owned by the same family since new (until I acquired it) and was always maintained with the utmost care. I have service records dating back to 1987 when the car was new as well as all the books and manuals.
1987 535is Alpine White/Cardinal Red
- 5 Speed
- Mileage: 204,500
- Clean Title
- Very little rust (pictured in the photos) The areas of rust are in the following locations: rust around the license plate lights, ight rear bumper shock mount, mall hole in spare tire well.
- All body panels are original and still have the original vin tags with the exception of the driver fender, t is a dot-r replacement. The sunroof panel was changed by the previous owner to black
- Paint condition is a 8/10 Shines very well and is in great condition overall
- Interior is 8/10 leather is soft and supple, o rips tears or holes in the leather. The dash has 1 crack that;s about an inch long. If the seats were re-dyed they would look perfect
- All electronics work as they should windows,lights,seats, tc...
- Mechanically the car is in great condition! Engine pulls nice and strong. Transmission shifts nice and smooth with no grinds or clunks.
- Ball bearings
- Center support mount
- Flex Coupling
- New Battery ( Bosch)
- Motor Mount left & right
- New Alternator
- Distributor cap
- Spark plugs
- Ignition wires
- Fuel filter
- Air Filter
- Upper and lower radiator hoses
- Rebuilt Injectors
Things that may need attention:
The suspension is tired and could really benefit from a refresh. (Mainly the rear shocks as they are a bit bouncy when going over large bumps)The Sunroof sticks sometimes and won't open, have not looked into it yet but it could be an easy fix.I have the sheet metal needed to repair the rust in the trunk and it will be included in the sale.
All in all its a great example of an original unmolested 535is. These e28's are getting harder and harder to find in nice shape especially the 535is. The car just needs a little TLC and it could be almost perfect. I have tried to describe the car to the best of my abilities, he car is not perfect but still a great example. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
I reserve the right to end the auction at any time as the car is being sold locally as well.
Sold as is
$500 non refundable deposit is due within 48 hours of auction closing. Please do not bid if you have no intention in purchasing the car.