BMW 1986 325es E30 - Manual 5-speed w/ Pre-Purchase Inspection Report
Price: - Item location: Bozeman, Montana, United States
- Make: BMW
- Model: 3-Series
- SubModel: 325es
- Type: Sedan
- Year: 1986
- Mileage: 164,090
- VIN: WBAAB5404G9681059
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 2.7L V6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1986 BMW 3-Series
BMW 1986 325es E30 3-series w/ Pre-Purchase Inspection Report
Low starting price and no Reserve!
- Classic BMW Styling and super clean! Videos and many extra pictures available (ask mzpenland AT gmail DOT com)(message me for documentation copies)
- Great for those who like the classic look and tuning enthusiast who wants to make this into a raging sports car. This E30 is very nice for its age and you will have a hard time finding a more forthcoming deal, w/ PPI and all known shortcomings outlined, from a seller with a solid feedback record. Iâ€™m selling it because I have another BMW and may shop for another.
- Car is located in beautiful Bozeman, Montana. I am happy to arrange for shipping or pick up buyers from the airport (BZN) if you wanted a sweet road trip home through Yellowstone National Park, etc. Driven delivery may be considered for shorter distances. Call/message me with questions.
- Overall condition is very good for its age and itâ€™s ready for a road trip. This is not a garage queen but a well cared for casual driver. Itâ€™s been fully detailed and gone over by my local mechanic who has serviced the car for the past five years. It is safely drivable now though has need for tune up and other regular maintenance for the long term. I didnâ€™t go too wild bringing it all up to 100% because someone could negate all of that by wanting to drop an M-class engine in it or something.
MANUAL 5-SPEED RWD 2.7L V6, Two door.
- Original family owners. First my father, then me. Non-smokers and no pets.
- 164,040 Miles - 90% highway miles as we lived out of town and then it road-tripped to California every summer.
- VIN WBAAB5404G9681059
- Pre-Purchase Inspection report and loads of service records.(message me for documentation copies) Runs OK now and ready to drive. However, per PPI, it would benefit from a tuneup, valve adjustment, and eventually general fluid maintenance - depending on what youâ€™d like to do with the car. See PPI and last service records for more details.
- Religious oil changes and regular services done. Always used premium fuel.
- Instrument cluster screws have some rust color and the RPM gauge doesn't go higher than 2k RPM. Presently starts at zero, then gets stuck at 2k when revved. May change or start working again after some driving.
- Cruise control works, along with all steering wheel functions
- Heart blows hot. AC is semi-cold but appears to need service.
- Brand new headlight system and wiring (lots of other new stuff, see BIGGER RECENT MAINTENANCE below)
- Great exhaust system w/ no issues, ABS works, limited-slip differential.
- Original wheels with vey new BF Goodrich g-Force Super Sport A/S 195/60 R14. Wheels have surprisingly few marks or curb rash given their age.
- Inspection light needs reset, and check-light on washer fluid is on due to simple wiring (occasional others too).
- Radio antenna was unplugged and left in down mode.My dad put some old caulk around the base of the antenna chrome just in case, though it doesn't appear to leak.
- Freshly super-washed, detailed, claybarâ€™d, touched up some, and waxed/buffed.
- Lived under car covers its entire life (probably went through 25 covers)
- Original paint, still bright red though some fine scratches, small dings, chips, etc exist (all very fixable if one was inclined). See all pictures and videos.
- OEM wind deflector, just removed, cleaned, treated, and reinstalled
- Front lower spoiler is cracked and semi-repaired.
- Original valance black trim around front bumper has some waving. It cleans up nicer than the photos with proper black-treatment but is prone to the dry look.
- Professionally installed radar detector, completely hidden.
- Freshly cleaned and detailed everywhere, then treated and buffed.
- All seat control levers work. Seats removed for interior detailing and carpet treatment.
- Power windows, power sunroof that works and never leaks. Sunroof was just cleaned and lubricated.
- Driver chair needs edge mending. See pictures and videos.
- Dash is beautiful with only one tiny obscure crack on top passenger pocket dividers and a small dent above glovebox- you wonâ€™t find a nicer one. See pictures and videos.
- All original speakers work though original radio was replaced.
- Under dash panel below steering wheel looks good but has been heavily mended and painted though it had suffered severe breakage and has cracks. See pictures and videos.
- Spare key
- Spare set of studded tires, mounted on wheels (if you want them)
- Complete toolkit, spare and original changing kit.
- Original documents and marketing booklets
- Original touch-up paint can, spare oil filter, spare air filter.
- Title in hand - clear.
BIGGER RECENT MAINTENANCE
- PPI (Pre-Purchase Inspection) Fixed idle and other wiring. New air filter. August, 2018 (message me for documentation copies)
- New battery 2017
- New front windshield, gaskets, trim 2015
- New tires 2015
- New headlights with updated modern wiring and fittings 2015-ish, lost slip
- Fix exhaust system w/ new pipe 160,150 2014
- Control arms, bushings, belts 156,920 2014
- New kidney grill and BMW logo 2014
- Resonator and flange seal 156,544 2013
- Alternator 151,412 2012
- Timing belt and tensioner 107,835 (should be done within next 5k or so)
Thanks for looking! Please let me know if you have any questions.