UNIQUE CUSTOMIZED 1979 BMW 2800CS E9 COUPE WITH CHEVY V8 ENGINE + 4 SPEED!
- Make: BMW
- Model: 2800CS
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: E9
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 999,999
- VIN: 2270109
- Color: Red
- Engine size: V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 BMW 2800CS E9
Offered for an appreciating new owner at NO RESERVE is this customized 1970 BMW 2800CS Coupe!
Finished in fire engine red over black...well blackish...a little red too, interior, this one-of-a-kind E9-chassis BMW sports a good running 350 Chevy V8 engine mated to a four speed manual transmission. It features a custom roll bar, custom lighted toggle switches for starting, tachometer, Camaro alloy wheels with good rubber,Racing steering wheel, two Momo sport seats [one placed inside the car and one other matching seat also ready for mounting inside the car, Corvette taillights and comes with some junk in the trunk...an array of extra lights, mirrors, seat belts and other miscellaneous tidbits. Make no mistake that this is a running and driving car that needs finishing touches though it seems to be a quite dry platform from which to build to your personal taste. It is being sold with clean and clear California title, current 2019 registration and is smog-exempt here in California due to the year. It is being offered here at.....NO RESERVE!
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this 1970 BMW is in decent condition overall. The "far, very far, from concourse quality" paint has a decent shine with only a couple of isolated rust bubbles. The shock towers are quite solid [see underside photos too]. It is a cheapie paint job done years ago and has many small nicks, scratches and other imperfections. It's presentable overall.
As I hope is articulated in the photos, the interior of this 1970 BMW is in very NON-original condition with missing door panels, handles and other switches. The horn is inop as well. As I mentioned in the overview, this car needs some finishing touches!
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This 1970 BMW starts up and runs quite strong. It is a bit cold-blooded and I am told it could use a new seal on the fancy carb. It shifts like a 1980s truck, the brkes work ok but the pedal is hard to to the lack of a power booster. The steering is as smooth as a new Lexus. oops I exaggerated slightly...it is non-power and a good upper arm workout. You can also get a good leg workout with the stiff clutch! Frankly I have not driven it out of second gear........too scary for sensitive me! Hey, it starts, runs and drives....I may even do a test drive video if I can bribe an unsuspecting friend.
DETAILS AND $$$$
1. This 1970 BMWis being sold with clear and clean California title and current 2019 registration. It will be sold "AS IS" "WHERE IS" with no written or verbal warranties expressed or implied. Iinvite and very much welcome prospective new owners to come see, feel, drive and inspect this car in person.NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully
2.Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.|
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.
PLEASE......... DO NOT HESITATE TO PHONE ME, EVAN AT 650-350-8828 TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OR TO SCHEDULE IN-PERSON VIEWINGS AND/OR MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.